whoa check this out.

gibson must be listening to everyone saying "overpriced"

this will compete with some epiphones in the same price bracket.

MIA Gibson LP special.... $599.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Special-108868738-i2969426.gc

even has a cool wrap around bridge!

i must say, while it isn't for me, i'm sure plenty of people want the big "G" on the headstock.

real rosewood and all.

way to go gibson!
When will they admit that their guitars are MIA after the American Civil War? What bullshit is this?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 20, 2013,
A $600 MIA guitar? Pretty cool, imo. $600 is typically the Korean and Mexican range. Glad to see Gibson making some guitars in that price range.
Fairly featureless... I'll give them the plain appearance but they couldn't even spare a TOM and a second tone control?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Man, nice. I wonder what the used market will be like for these. Will they stay around $500, comparable with low-end Gibson SGs and LPs, or well they dive down into the $400 range? Mmm, Gibson LP for $400.
Good on 'em for putting something like this out. I wonder if it'll go the way of the Sonex, appreciated after its time has come and gone.
OffsetOffset
Quote by SteveHOC
Good on 'em for putting something like this out. I wonder if it'll go the way of the Sonex, appreciated after its time has come and gone.

i have two sonex's, one needs a refret, and the headstock was very nicely repaired. but is beaitful and a twin which is identical but is made in kalamazoo.

they aren't bad guitars, but certainly not crem de la crem. but again i payed like $250 for one and the other maybe $300, not sure, but not much more. i do love mine though.

but WTF its flat and couldn't look a tinge more boring. at least the sonexs had a difference in appearance or something that could be considered nice looking.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup

but WTF its flat and couldn't look a tinge more boring. at least the sonexs had a difference in appearance or something that could be considered nice looking.

I think you're sort of missing the point of the guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I think you're sort of missing the point of the guitar.

i get the fact that it is cheap and still MIA. thats the main point. but you have to admit that it is extremely boring looking. i like wraparound bridges here and there, that is unique. why they are only using a single tone pot, i don't know (well obviously keeps costs down).

i would like to try one if i see one, but i wouldn't ever buy one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have two sonex's, one needs a refret, and the headstock was very nicely repaired. but is beaitful and a twin which is identical but is made in kalamazoo.

they aren't bad guitars, but certainly not crem de la crem. but again i payed like $250 for one and the other maybe $300, not sure, but not much more. i do love mine though.

I had considered picking one up for around $400 (in pristine shape with the original case), but decided against it after snagging a deal on a Fender Jaguar (I'm just more of a Fender guy myself).

I agree though. Those Sonex's were a few hundred bucks in the 80's, and adjusting for inflation, would come around the being about the same price as the Special. Certainly the bolt-on neck would turn some people off, but I find the bridge and overall layout of the Sonex more appealing than this Special.

I can see why Gibson went with this design, but at $600, I still think they could have done a little more to at least dress the Special up.
OffsetOffset
I would mod the shit out of one of those.

+1 for the tummy cut too.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Tempting, but I'll want coil splitting on my Gibson LP if I ever buy one. Which brings me to a question: Are there models of LP's with coil splitting that come straight from the factory, or do you have to get them modded for that?
Quote by narinderkapur
Tempting, but I'll want coil splitting on my Gibson LP if I ever buy one. Which brings me to a question: Are there models of LP's with coil splitting that come straight from the factory, or do you have to get them modded for that?

I think they made that standard this/last year.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I think they made that standard this/last year.

Both the Standard and Studio come with coil-splitting now.
AFAIK they already gave the SG Standard the whole coil-split wiring as well.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
If anyone's seriously considering one of these, check this out:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-junior-special-with-humbuckers-electric-guitar

Musician's Friend is having a sale on the LP Junior Special Humbucker for $550 (only for the cherry satin finish though). It's got a lot of similar specs, a TOM bridge, the standard 4 knob configuration, and it looks way cooler.
Quote by mattrusso

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-junior-special-with-humbuckers-electric-guitar

Musician's Friend is having a sale on the LP Junior Special Humbucker for $550 (only for the cherry satin finish though). It's got a lot of similar specs, a TOM bridge, the standard 4 knob configuration, and it looks way cooler.

neck binding as well. pretty damn nice honestly. probably a stupidly thin satin nitro finish.

if that was tv yellow or natural i would have bought it before posting this.
Quote by mattrusso

I'm kinda GASing for one of these with P90s TBH.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I've already got one on order. I love the Special line. Usually the terms 'Special', 'Studio', 'Faded' and so on are bad signs of a half-arsed Gibson, but in the case of actual LP Specials, all it means is you're getting a flat body.

Got the double cut with tune-o and P-90s, single cut with tune-o and humbuckers, getting a single cut with tune-o P-90s, a Junior with a P-90 and wraparound and this Special with wraparound and humbuckers.

**** all 'yall multi-switches and quilt tops and neck-through Flody Rose wizardry. Gimmie some basic slabs of wood with some nice pickups and simple switching and I'm away.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.