Just picked up my new '72 reissue Telecaster Deluxe from Guitar Center three days ago, and I've been too busy playing it and just jizzing everywhere from it's perfectness to do anything else. But finally, my first NGD thread in a LONG time, maybe first one ever.

I saw the guitar on the used wall when I went with my boss to do some promotional work (I work at a recording studio), and I just knew I had to have it. I'd been lusting after a Tele Deluxe since Paramore put out 'Riot!' in 2007. It was the guitar Josh Farro used for much of the recording of the album and can at least be found in the 'Misery Business' video, and I'd loved the guitar tone on the album (and Josh is a looker too). Sadly, the music I was playing at the time in my band forced my hand, and I ended up buying a 7-string instead (since I'd already had my Gibson Les Paul Studio).

But finally, FINALLY, this guitar is MINE!!

Ever since I bought my Paul, it had been the perfect guitar for me. It did everything I needed it to do perfectly, and no other guitar I played felt as right in my hands as it did. Even when I bought my 7, my thought was 'this is a cool guitar, but I'm just not gonna be playing it as much as my Paul.' But since purchasing the Tele, all that has changed.

The feel is INCREDIBLE. The neck feels so perfect in my hands, and the strings, despite feeling loose, aren't spaghetti. They just have this perfect tension that can hold a low tuning fairly well (Drop C# and Drop C work pretty ****ing well), but it still has enough slack that I can whip out a 3-step bend like it's nobody's business.

The Fender Wide-Range humbuckers sound FANTASTIC. The bridge pup sounds great clean, but when you slap some dirt on it it comes to life. Low gain, bluesy tones are the easiest thing, and chords sound out like a spank. When it comes to higher gain stuff, it's surprisingly suited for it, pulling off modern hard-core tones with ease, as long as the right amp and settings are used. But where it truly shines is my own brand of heavy pop, where every note in an extended chord shines through, and palm-mutes are heavy as hell. And when it comes to leads, it cuts through the mix like a knife.
The neck pup is a whole different story. Cleans are warm and glassy, distorted riffs are fuzzy and wooly, and leads are buttery smooth.

I really can't say enough good things about this guitar. I've been moving into heavier and heavier territories in the past few months with my writing, and I've been modding my Paul appropriately (string gauges, pickup height, the pickups themselves, ect...), and as a result it's become a less appropriate guitar for the more melodic music. The Tele, however, does the melodic stuff PERFECTLY, but at the same time, with just a few amp tweaks, pulls out the hardcore stuff pretty well too.

I've decided to name this guitar Palisades. The neighborhood I'm from is called The Palisades, and this is my first year living away from home, so it's going to be my reminder of home and family.

Anyways, that's enough talking. Here are some pics.

The Tele

With my Paul (named Memory)

The family (minus basses and acoustic) (my 7 is named Mhamo, old Gaelic for Grandmother, and is named such because I bought it with money posthumously given to my by my own Mhamo)

And finally, a song recorded almost entirely with the Tele (except for the short stand-alone lead section in the start of the last chorus, which is a remnant from the version of the song recorded with Memory). Please excuse the sort of out of tune shit at the end of the bridge, this was a rush job to display the tones the guitar is capable of.
The first half of the solo is the bridge pup, second half neck.
The amp is the Le456 sim with GuitarHacks impulse responses (can't remember which ones).
https://soundcloud.com/miles-tails-prower-tag/for-what-its-worth-telecaster
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Not a Fender man but that looks very nice! Also loving the Paramore influence, but I will have to say Hayley is my crush, perhaps my biggest celebrity crush haha. Back on topic, that semi transparent brown compliments the wood grain awesomely!

Happy New Guitar Day buddy!
I fail to see how it isn't a Fender though? It says it on the headstock, it has the Micro-Tilt, has the Fender F on the back-plate, and Guitar Center had it listed as a Fender :/

Other than that thanks! Hayley was my main celeb crush back when I thought I was straight xD
You're right. The trans-brown is just perfect. I forgot to gush about the finish. I couldn't be happier with the color
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
No I mean I am not a Fender man, as in I prefer other brands (ESP, Gibson, Jackson) but that looks sexy as hell!
I have no doubt of its authenticity haha. Just noticed it has a very LP style volume and tone pot layout, is that standard on Tele's?

In all honesty I think even if I was gay I would still wanna bang Hayley, she is stunning and dat voice!
Ooooh, ok, I misread what you said entirely (it's 1:10 in the morning and I've been up for FAR too long). And I HAVE doubted the authenticity of gear I've bought in the past so it's no worries.
it isn't standard at all. You can find it on this '72 model and on a few other models, but for the most part Tele's just have 1 tone, 1 volume, and a 3-way paddle on the lower half of the guitar, with all of them in a single line perpendicular to the neck pickup. This guitar was Fender's response to the Les Paul back in the day and although is beefier than a standard Tele, and it CAN get some Gibson-esque tones, but the there's something about it that just can't be dialed out, tone-wise, something that just makes it say in it's own unique kind of way 'I'm a ****ing Telecaster mother****er!'
I used to not be a Fender man myself, and honestly this is probably one of the few Fender models I'd buy (in terms of guitars, LOVE their basses). Gibson was always my favorite, but for some reason this guitar sings to me in a way my Paul just doesn't

If I was drunk enough I could certainly be convinced to slam her, and I can still recognize that she is SMOKING. And yeah, her voice <3
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Headstock looks killer on that. Rock on, my friend. HNGD

Also, it's always cool to meet another gay UG'er.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
I love those '72 Teles!

HNGD!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
HNGD! I had a 72 Thinline with the wide range buckers, it's really hard to find replacements if you ever want to swap them out as they're not the same size as normal humbuckers.

But they still sound cool and you can probably get a smaller pickup company to make them for you.

Quote by kumamilesbear
I've been too busy playing it and just jizzing everywhere from it's perfectness to do anything else.

I'd see a Doctor about that, man.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I've been in love with the Telecasters since I heard a guy playing them at my local guitar shop. They cost a bomb out here, though, so it'll be a while before I can get one. But happy NGD, man! Kill it!
Thanks all!

Quote by BledGhostWhite
Headstock looks killer on that. Rock on, my friend. HNGD

Also, it's always cool to meet another gay UG'er.

The headstock is my favorite part aesthetically. It's just, idk, perfect.
And yess another gay UG'er!
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses