Page 1 of 2
Tried to search for this but nothing similar is coming up.

I'm sure we all have those few songs that we used to listen to repeat until they're now
kind of disgusting.

A few of mine are:
With or Without You by U2
The Avenger by RnL (it was cool because the vocals are weird, but apparently that doesn't last)
Orion by Sithu Aye
The Dance of Eternity by Dream Theater

I've still got a few, but their YouTube videos are just plain weird.
Last edited by triface at Mar 21, 2013,
most stuff by guns n roses, skid row, crashdiet, cinderella, hardcore superstar etc.

Never listen to any of it anymore. Guns N Roses is the only band I'd still consider decent.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
most stuff by guns n roses, skid row, crashdiet, cinderella, hardcore superstar etc.

Never listen to any of it anymore. Guns N Roses is the only band I'd still consider decent.

My God man...you're killing me.

Seriously.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Last edited by coco-loco at Mar 21, 2013,
Quote by coco-loco
My God man...you're killing me.

Seriously.

why?
how?
when?

well, i'm 24... i'm not 16 anymore
Crashdiet and Hardcore Superstar are two of my all time favourite bands I love what I've heard of Cinderella and GnR and Skid Row are cool!!! I just love hair metal. Gotta love that cheeessseeeee!!!! I'm 17.

AND STOOPID!!!
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by coco-loco
Crashdiet and Hardcore Superstar are two of my all time favourite bands I love what I've heard of Cinderella and GnR and Skid Row are cool!!! I just love hair metal. Gotta love that cheeessseeeee!!!! I'm 17.

AND STOOPID!!!

lol, all time favourite bands when you're born 95. that's cute

its okay mate, you'll grow out of it
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
lol, all time favourite bands when you're born 95. that's cute

its okay mate, you'll grow out of it

Quote by slash_GNR666

I've played a lot of Queen songs to death. Bohemian Rhapsody for example. I mean they're awesome, i've just listened to the songs too much.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I'm 20 and still listen to Guns N' Roses and Skid Row on the daily...

And belt out Cinderella every once and a while when i'm driving back from college alone.

For me, I used to REALLLLLLLY like the song Time and Time Again by Chronic Future. Looking back it's still okay, but it's not something i'd carry with me on my iPod
Quote by devourke
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Well Taz is just full retard
I think you'll find that the more acceptable term is "australian"

Funniest Exchange i've read on UG

I would have consensual relations with Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Call me Dean or Vill
Quote by cptcomet
I've played a lot of Queen songs to death. Bohemian Rhapsody for example. I mean they're awesome, i've just listened to the songs too much.

Me too, as well as Beatles.
West Ham United
i used to love hungarian rhapsody but its totally stolen from zeppelin
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I dont really dislike any song.... just switch bands for a while and then switch back and it's still beautiful
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I have a very wide taste in music, though when I was younger, I didn't concern myself with the meaning, and quality of music - So fx. anything from Coldplay, Disturbed, and frankly, yes, Nickelback -shudders- I don't listen to anymore, with exception of a very few select Coldplay-songs that I can still bare to listen to - The rest I just find frankly embarresing now that I even listened to those bands...
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Never been able to understand this feeling.

i definitely know that feel

as a kid i used to listen to korn and totally relate to what jonathan "mentally retarded" davis was saying

looking back, his lyrics are the epitome of terrible and i dont think he can possibly have an IQ of more than 5
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery

as a kid i used to listen to korn and totally relate to what jonathan "mentally retarded" davis was saying

looking back, his lyrics are the epitome of terrible and i dont think he can possibly have an IQ of more than 5

His lyrics are pretty terrible, yes, but Untouchables is a fantastic album.

I just imagine he is singing in Latin.

To be fair, though, he did go through a lot of shit. It's quite understandable that he'd want to write that kinda stuff.

But, what I'm trying to get at is, why someone would be embarrassed about what they used to listen to. You enjoyed it once, so what? Same for guilty pleasures. If you like it, you like it.
Last edited by hriday_hazarika at Mar 21, 2013,
Quote by hriday_hazarika
His lyrics are pretty terrible, yes, but Untouchables is a fantastic album.

I just imagine he is singing in Latin.

To be fair, though, he did go through a lot of shit. It's quite understandable that he'd want to write that kinda stuff.

korn did write some awesome music

they could have been great if jay d hadn't been part of the equation
Quote by korinaflyingv
Alright, Stop!
Collaborate and Listen.

Although when I think about it I'm not really that embarrassed for spending hour upon hours learning that song word for word. As it turns out it was a culturally significant song for my generation. Those five words can set a large room full of into spontaneous rap.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
Alright, Stop!
Collaborate and Listen.

Although when I think about it I'm not really that embarrassed for spending hour upon hours learning that song word for word. As it turns out it was a culturally significant song for my generation. Those five words can set a large room full of into spontaneous rap.

Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Then I flow that a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and watch me jump like a candle
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
why?
how?
when?

well, i'm 24... i'm not 16 anymore

Your user title really fits you well.
Quote by coco-loco

AND STOOPID!!!
You sir, are my nigga.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by little_boy
Your user title really fits you well.

lol ur gay
Quote by little_boy
no u

prove it
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

what a sweet guy
any pop song that i like when the radio plays it 5 times a day.
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Quote by Burgery

Nah, but at least early Korn was decent. (When I was 15, that is...)

I used to listen to a lot of sleaze rock, like Van Halen. Now, I'm embarrassed to say that I ever found songs like "Hot for Teacher" good. Yeah, Eddie's guitar solos were good, but that's about it. I also used to be a Linkin Park fan. *blush*

Quote by Joshwalad
I barely listen to metal anymore. Just incredibly boring.

I've a feeling that people who say this think they've listened to some iconic metal bands, when they just listened to mainstream metal bands or entry level extreme metal bands. (Hint: Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, & Gojira [also insert pop-metal band of the day]...while fun, are not the best examples of good metal.)
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Mar 21, 2013,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
prove it

You have a reference to gays in your sig. That is enough proof for me
Quote by little_boy
You have a reference to gays in your sig. That is enough proof for me

what if im a gay paedophile, little boy?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
what if im a gay paedophile, little boy?

wanna have a gud time honey?
Guns n roses, motorhead, dethklok, ACDC, Buckethead, and Slipknot.
Shit got old real fast.
FORZA CATANIA
Ah yes, the topic of this thread.
I still like everything I used to listen to. I don't remember anything in particular I loved that I now dislike.
Page 1 of 2