Hey, this is my first post in a long time here. I wanted to get some feedback on a new song I made. It's not quite complete, but one of the better demos i've made.

It's got an undertone of Canadian content, draws from Tragically Hip a bit but I'm hoping I have something original in this song, let me know if I don't or if you straight up think it's not good. Of course, if you think its good thats ok too

https://soundcloud.com/patrick-tohill/extended-scene-in-a-hollywood
This COULD be really good, lots of potential. It's mainly the vocals that let it down.

The vocals sound very separate from the rest of the song. You voice sounds like it's fighting it'self half the time, like you have to FORCE yourself to sing, sounds like your not singing from the right part of your body.

And dat mouth noise, you need to cut that out of the source track, no one wants to hear that.

And the room noise makes the vocals sound "cheap" might want to considering changing where you place your mic when you record your voice.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
The website cheap wholesale and retail for many kinds of fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan, also including the handbag,sunglass,jeans,shirts,hat,belt and the decorations, online store,All the products are free shipping, and the price is competitive, after the payment, can ship within short time. the goods are shipping by air express, such as EMS,DHL,the shipping time is in 5-7 business days!

YOU MUST NOT MISS IT,
=== http://www.sheptrade.com ===
cheap jordan shoes $35,
Air max shoes $36,
Nike/shox $35,
handbag $36,
Sunglasses $16,
New era cap $12,
wallet $19,
belt $18,
jewelry $15,
T-shirts $20,
DG Jeans $36,
(NFL MLB NBA NHL) jerseys $25,
=== http://www.sheptrade.com ===
Quote by ChemicalFire
This COULD be really good, lots of potential. It's mainly the vocals that let it down.

The vocals sound very separate from the rest of the song. You voice sounds like it's fighting it'self half the time, like you have to FORCE yourself to sing, sounds like your not singing from the right part of your body.

And dat mouth noise, you need to cut that out of the source track, no one wants to hear that.

And the room noise makes the vocals sound "cheap" might want to considering changing where you place your mic when you record your voice.

Very good points; its been hard for me to objectively reflect on vocals as I just bought a new condenser mic (after singing on this song with a dynamic mic) so there was a huge leap of improvement in recording quality compared to that.

I was singing in an apartment building late at night. 'Mouth noise' i'm not sure of, I'll try and go through track to see if I can eliminate that when I do next take.

I'm assuming the best placement for a mic facing the corner or a room? Right now it's pointing to the middle, just because of the way I set up.
Quote by Crazy

I'm assuming the best placement for a mic facing the corner or a room? Right now it's pointing to the middle, just because of the way I set up.

Not necessarily. It all depends on the room. Try different rooms and placements
It's mainly reflections I was talking about. Try and avoid singing directly towards a flat wall you're more likely to get reflections, a corner would better, but some insulation wouldn't go amiss either.

As for mouth noise, it's that wet sound you make when you're getting ready to sing. Mostly audible after longer gaps, especially at the beginning.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!