So a guy offered me a trade deal including a USA made proco rat 2. Rats like muffs seem to have a lot of myth, legend and confusion surrounding them. Anyways is this rat one of the "good" rats? The link below is a picture of the two pedals I'm trading for (giving him my big box Qtron).

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/msg/3601424945.html
it looks like the reissue to me. they're a good pedal, the Rat is a sound of it's own if you ask me. can be really versatile too, you can dial in some fuzz tones too. it's not a bad pedal to own, and if you really don't like it you can send it out to get modded so it'll be just like they were back in the day. yeah sure the original Rats might be better than these reissues (normally the case with anything) but you can't always just assume new stuff is just automatically suck and only shop old (more expensive) stuff.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
I've got a Rat2 and love it. Great crunch, as a boost, for 80's metal tones and fuzzy tones. I'd like to throw a LM308 or LM108 in there though.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I own old and new, there is a difference if you listen on a good amp just barely, get it for sure, there is no bad rat, if you fall in love like I did then splash for an old one later, I did the same thing with a new muff before settling finally on a musket