A noob here, I'm just getting into playing guitar but have been writing poems since high school, graduated in 90, thats a while. I've got a file of about 60+ poems on every subject from love to rage to sex to helping people.

Any tips on converting poems to songs? or are they too rhyme(y) to make into a song?

It seems like a whole different kind of writing, I'm having trouble changing gears so to speak.

Anyone here write poems and write songs?
Guitar hobbyist, shooting enthusiast, 4wheel driving, hunting husband and father of one.
Quote by mwilson0516
A noob here, I'm just getting into playing guitar but have been writing poems since high school, graduated in 90, thats a while. I've got a file of about 60+ poems on every subject from love to rage to sex to helping people.

Any tips on converting poems to songs? or are they too rhyme(y) to make into a song?

It seems like a whole different kind of writing, I'm having trouble changing gears so to speak.

Anyone here write poems and write songs?

Everybody here writes or crits poems. This is more of a poem critique board than anything... Actually this is just a poem critique board. I would suggest reading the rules to the board then posting a poem and see what people have to say! Have a good day sir.
I write poems to write songs, actually. It's easier to capture the emotion I'm feeling freeform, then try to keep that same feeling in meter later.