Sequoia Throne - Protest the Hero
10 34%
Spoils - Protest the Hero
8 28%
Ruination of the Lost - Unearth
11 38%
Voters: 29.
Hey guys.

Hope you guys had a sweet march break. We didn't get as many submissions this month so voting will probably be a bit easier for you. Remember, vote based on accuracy etc... don't vote for your favorite songs.

Advanced Guitar:

Sequoia Throne - Protest The Hero (Random3)

Spoils - Protest the Hero (WCPhils)

Ruination of the Lost - Unearth (Joshua_Garcia)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Gone for Randon3.

I was distracted on the other two because Phillys has a knocked over waste paper basket in the background and The Joshua Garcias had the fugliest bed sheets I've ever seen. Sorry guys.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
and The Joshua Garcias had the fugliest bed sheets I've ever seen.

I like those bedsheets.
But next time I'll remember to not make up my bed.

So yeah, good job, fellow peeps.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Gone for Randon3.

I was distracted on the other two because Phillys has a knocked over waste paper basket in the background and The Joshua Garcias had the fugliest bed sheets I've ever seen. Sorry guys.

I knew that would come back to haunt me

Quote by soundgarden1986
Nice job everyone. It was a little hard to hear some of the lead work in Sequoia Throne at some parts (namely the faster parts). Same with Spoils.

I think I actually got pretty good match to their tone at parts which made it blend in a little. I actually had my track really high in the mix. Oh well, thanks for the input

Great jobs Josh and Random. I haven't decided yet!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 21, 2013,
Dang, pretty much tied up. I'm quite interested in how this will turn out.
Quote by snipelfritz

Well, I got my vote in. That one was really tough.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Oh man, what happens if it's a tie?
Quote by snipelfritz

on a unicycle
Quote by snipelfritz

Bump-a-dumped.
Quote by snipelfritz

That was a close one.
Would've voted Random, but had to break that tie to end the suspense.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Random3
I've been having a look at a bunch more of them, need to decide which one to record next.

I'm gonna do Devine Suicide of K, but I don't think I'm allowed to enter it. I learned it before but pretty poorly so I want to relearn it, and this time I want to do the bass.

I'll do stuff for the other categories though

Seriously, I just realized how much I've improved since I started doing these in September. (and others too. It's cooler seeing people get better over time) Love these comps. You guys push to actually finish songs when I used to just quit.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Mar 23, 2013,
Just watched all 3.

I saw Random3's cover of Sequoia Throne and thought, "Yeah, it's gonna be him", but then I watched Joshua's cover. Dude is tighter than a jew's wallet! You got my vote, man.
Quote by WCPhils
I'm gonna do Devine Suicide of K, but I don't think I'm allowed to enter it. I learned it before but pretty poorly so I want to relearn it, and this time I want to do the bass.

I'll do stuff for the other categories though

If it's a re-learn for something a few months back I'm pretty sure you can still submit it, other people have done that.

I'll probably do Bone Marrow, but I've also been looking at Blindfolds Aside, Palms Read, Limb From Limb, Hair Trigger and Tandem. Briefly looked over Tapestry but I think that one may take a bit more learning than I will have time for
Quote by Random3
If it's a re-learn for something a few months back I'm pretty sure you can still submit it, other people have done that.

I'll probably do Bone Marrow, but I've also been looking at Blindfolds Aside, Palms Read, Limb From Limb, Hair Trigger and Tandem. Briefly looked over Tapestry but I think that one may take a bit more learning than I will have time for

Ok, that's cool!

Blindfolds isn't too bad. No really hard part that I can remember. Palms Read, Hair-Trigger, and Tandem are bitches though

I can play most of Limb From Limb except for the freaking sweep part. So so so fast, lol
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Dude is tighter than a jew's wallet! You got my vote, man.

"Tighter than a jew's wallet"
Thanks man.
And thanks to everyone else.
Quote by snipelfritz

Which isn't quote as tight as a Lithuanian-Orthodox's wallet.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I want to do more PtH songs for this thing (well, once I stop having a ton of issue come up) but I already learned a lot of the ones I wanted to learn before I started attempting to participate. I'm thinking about MAYBE doing Goddess Gagged or Wretch

edit: And Hair Trigger is probably their most fun song, tied with Sex Tapes.
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Mar 23, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
Ok, that's cool!

Blindfolds isn't too bad. No really hard part that I can remember. Palms Read, Hair-Trigger, and Tandem are bitches though

I can play most of Limb From Limb except for the freaking sweep part. So so so fast, lol

Yeah Blindfolds is by far the easiest out of those, great song though.

Hair-Trigger actually seems easier than I thought it would be, there's an odd tapping section on the low strings using multiple fingers on the picking hand that will need some time but other than that it doesn't seem too bad. Limb From Limb is a bitch but I haven't actually learned the whole thing yet.
Quote by Random3

Yeah, just as long as it isn't something you've learned 70 percent of.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster