I asked before if people can review me so here now is a little 1st take i just made. Many mistakes I know as I just picked up and jammed with no preparation.

Just wanted to give an overall take of my playing not a 100% finalized perfect planned recording.,

This is me doing a impro whilst taking a break from eating my dinner lol

https://soundcloud.com/jamesmk23/voodoo-backing-solo
Last edited by guitarbeero at Mar 21, 2013,
youre amazing
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
u need a record deal brah
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I mean, it's good if you're going for that "every 16 year old dad rock fan boy to ever go into Guitar Center on the weekend that probably hasn't ever seriously listened to any band newer than Nirvana" type of sound.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
fog?

yes im aware its a shit recording quality i just done quick take here no setup...backing track bass heavy also
I think you need to stop hiding how much you suck behind so much distortion and fuzz.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by BeefWellington
I think you need to stop hiding how much you suck behind so much distortion and fuzz.

I like noise
Would love to hear less fuzz though to make a more accurate critique, even if it is a Hendrix cover. But yeah, you'd make him proud though Sounds sexay.

Quote by Todd Hart
So 'crunk and 'gandhi are already pussy-whipped, impressive.

Quote by Burgery
you just think they're being mean to you because you have fragile girl feelings
It was good enough technique wise but something about it left me cold. Scalic runs, not much in the way of melodic lines, somewhat repetitive. Good application of the wah, decent bends. I did think the fuzz was a bit over the top though.

Something you might like to try is taking your favourite licks, and changing their rhythms, changing their endings, and displacing some of the notes an octave. Pentatonic runs will only go so far. Move phrases up and down whatever scale you're working with, experiment.

So, imo it sounds repititious and sterile atm, but you can definitely change that. Experiment with dynamics as well. I know it's voodoo child, but it there never seemed to be any change in intensity throughout. I'm not sure if this is true of your other playing.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
It was good enough technique wise but something about it left me cold. Scalic runs, not much in the way of melodic lines, somewhat repetitive. Good application of the wah, decent bends. I did think the fuzz was a bit over the top though.

Something you might like to try is taking your favourite licks, and changing their rhythms, changing their endings, and displacing some of the notes an octave. Pentatonic runs will only go so far. Move phrases up and down whatever scale you're working with, experiment.

So, imo it sounds repititious and sterile atm, but you can definitely change that. Experiment with dynamics as well. I know it's voodoo child, but it there never seemed to be any change in intensity throughout. I'm not sure if this is true of your other playing.

oh yeh great point i always feel im doing same thing over and over i never thought about moving licks up and down the fret board cheers

Also I think i should slow down more for some points to break it up.

Cheers
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Put it in this thread.

This is The Pit.

This.

You can keep a beat and such. The tone is less to be desired though. Keep at it and check out that thread. The pit isnt the best place for these types of threads.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all