Budget? - $1000-1800CAD?

Favorite Artists? - Slash, Jimi Page, Hendrix, Clapton, Synyster Gates, Quinn Allman...etc My favorite genres are blues/rock, but I'm currently playing in a pop/punk/rock band.

Preferences? - I really like LP's, Strat's, and Tele's, but I'm open to suggestions!

Pickups? - Looking for something with humbuckers preferably. At least one for sure!

New or Used? - Doesn't matter to me. I haven't seen much used around here that I really like, so it will most likely be new.

Location? - Saskatoon, SK, Canada.

Current Gear? -My current guitars are a Epi Snakepit LP, with seymour duncan alico II's, a 85' Contemporary 22 strat with GFS lil' killers, and a stock MIM Tele. I'm running a JCA50H into either a Mesa 212 (v30+C-rex) or randall 212 + 115 Cab (eminence legends).

So it looks like I'm gonna do pretty good on my taxes this year, so I'm thinking about adding another axe to my collection .

I'm the only guitarist in a pop/punk/rock band, so its important that I keep my tone thick and heavy. I mainly use my strat or lp though the jet city with a wah, phase 90, 10-band eq, tc alter ego, mxr smart gate, korg pitchback and a mxr zw-44.

I've had my eye on a http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-traditional-pro-ii-60s-neck-electric-guitar/h89379"> Gibson LP Traditional 60's II that's going for $1700 at my local long and mcquade. I like the tradition, because it has the 60's slim profile neck. I can't stand the standard Gibson neck, its too thick for my liking. I'm looking for something that will likely end up being my main gigging guitar on an upcoming tour.

Aside from a LP, what do you guys suggest? Like I said, I've been looking at the Gibson, but I don't have my heart set on anything yet.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by red.guitar at Mar 21, 2013,
Get a Tele Deluxe. It's a Telecaster with humbuckers!
GEAR

Ibanez RG350EX
Yamaha FG730S
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt
Korg CA-40 Chromatic Tuner
Fender 351 Medium Guitar Picks
find a used PRS CE22, they run $1000 used in the USA. You can find them on Guitarcenters used web site, and I think they ship to Canada
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well, once people suggest things, call up L&M and ask them to look in their used database for the guitar suggest, they can only search by model though.

I was gonna recommend the Tele Deluxe, looks like I got ninja'd.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
I too was going to suggest the Tele Deluxe. Great minds think alike.

I like the Reverend Warhawk II HB if you're looking for something a little different.
OffsetOffset
The Classic 72' Tele does look pretty sweet. You can get it with an f-hole, or trem as well

Does anyone know if these are American made?

What are the fender wide-range pickups like? I've read some reviews that say that rock, and other say they are muddy

The PRS is also a sweet option. I may have to investigate that further as well
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
In that price range, you've got a world of options, including full custom. Short of that, some good options to consider:

Godin:
Lots of good options; I'd start with the Freeway SA or the xtSA, or maybe something in the Icon or Signature series.
http://www.godinguitars.com/godinproductlistingp.htm

Reverend:
Again, many options, but the Reeves Gabrels II sig and Double Agent III might give you the flexibility you want.
http://www.reverendguitars.com/category/guitar/

Carvin:
They're basically custom...
http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshop/

US Masters:
Like Carvin, they're basically custom, but they aim for a slightly harder sound with their pickups.
http://www.usmasters.com/allmodels.htm
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The Godin Type II Classic looks like a pretty sweet axe!

Does anyone have any experience with it? They havent got any in stock at L&M, so I'll see if they can get one in to look at.

Anyone know if that Deluxe Tele I posted earlier is an American series?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H