Page 1 of 2
Ok, this is probably going to make me sound like a hater but.... Why are so many people obsessed with strats and teles? Obviously each to their own, and of course a good one is built well and will play like a dream but in my mind it's almost like why not go with something that has a little more character, if that makes sense to anyone.

Again, I'm not knocking them, it's just so so so many people seem to be obsessed about them when as nice as they may play I can't really see what's so special about them, they don't stand out and have any real wow factor to them IMO at least. For example if you were to ask most people that didn't play guitar to think of an electric they'd probably picture a strat.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm no newbie with guitar, I've been playing 18 years or so, and as the above should infer I have nothing against strats and teles, they do play well and I can see their worth, and in fact I learnt to play on a strat copy but I just don't get why so many flock to them when there is greater variety to be had.

Of course the biggest factor is going to be personal preference, so I guess really what this is about is what do people that love strats and/or teles find so appealing about them?
Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 at Mar 21, 2013,
One reason could be that the Tele has been around for 63 years, and the Strat for 57 years. Hell, your ESP Horizon and Jackson PPS2 are super-STRAT guitars. They are THE guitars, along with Gibson LP's, IMO, that are the cornerstone for electric guitar.

People think of a Tele or Strat first because they were one of the first few major guitar styles ever made.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
My tele has a stupid comfortable neck and is not the standard Tele (mine's a Blackout). That said, nothing quite sounds like a Tele to me. I've had five Tele's and nary a bad one in the bunch, they can also take a helluva beating and keep on going. I'm not huge on Strats, but I know die hard players that love the comfortable body.
OffsetOffset
Quote by AWACS
One reason could be that the Tele has been around for 63 years, and the Strat for 57 years. Hell, your ESP Horizon and Jackson PPS2 are super-STRAT guitars. They are THE guitars, along with Gibson LP's, IMO, that are the cornerstone for electric guitar.

People think of a Tele or Strat first because they were one of the first few major guitar styles ever made.

Definitely very true, and I won't dispute that at all. It's just that there is so much more variety available these days, and that's what puzzles me slightly.
Its the same thing with tube amps I think. They're both tried and true, and with tube amps, they give you the "best" sound. There are many current guitar idols who could only play strats, and tele's and lp's, and there are many guitarists nowadays who want to emulate their idols by buying strats, teles and lp's.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Quote by SteveHOC
My tele has a stupid comfortable neck and is not the standard Tele (mine's a Blackout). That said, nothing quite sounds like a Tele to me. I've had five Tele's and nary a bad one in the bunch, they can also take a helluva beating and keep on going. I'm not huge on Strats, but I know die hard players that love the comfortable body.

Loads of guitars of stupidly comfortable necks though, and again that's something that's entirely down to personal preference. I appreciate they are seriously tough though, and I've heard a good few horror stories that you'd think would total a guitar but have only yielded cosmetic damage. However, that said plenty of other guitars are equally as tough really, when put through the paces.
Quote by AWACS
Its the same thing with tube amps I think. They're both tried and true, and with tube amps, they give you the "best" sound. There are many current guitar idols who could only play strats, and tele's and lp's, and there are many guitarists nowadays who want to emulate their idols by buying strats, teles and lp's.

I think you have a very valid point, it is quite likely that there is a certain amount of the popularity coming from people wanting to live up to their idols. And indeed I think you draw a good analogy with tube amps, albeit a little out of place perhaps in that while it's true that tube amps offer a fantastic sound (and i am an advocate of them myself) there are some excellent solid state amps available these days. Which kinda just brings me back to my original point, in a way...
Quote by JustRooster
$5 says that TS is primarily a metal guitarist.

hoho, you win $5. But still, i think i do have a point, to an extent at least.
And it's not all about music genre, as I said I started out on a strat copy, and that wasn't because I wasn't into metal then, I really was. It just seemed like the guitar to start out on, most likely because it was one of the most popular. And to an extent I think that backs up my point that if you get someone that doesn't play to think of a guitar they're most likely to think of a fender of some variety.
Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 at Mar 22, 2013,
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
hoho, you win $5. But still, i think i do have a point, to an extent at least.

That metal players don't tend to like Stratocasters and Telecasters?

They're obviously not your thing. You're going for a very modern sound, and the guitars you're talking about aren't meant for that. There are tons of guitars that are comfortable to you that sound great and feel great for the sound you want to make and the style you play.

I play mostly Math Rock and Surf Rock. I play mostly Strats, sometimes Teles and Jazzmasters. Those guitars have the sounds, feel, and looks I want. It's that simple. I'm probably not going to get a Peavey 6505+ and the newest Mayoness shred machine when I pretty much run my clean channel 90% of the time.
Quote by JustRooster
That metal players don't tend to like Stratocasters and Telecasters?

No, that isn't my point, and for example look at Malmsteen. He's a metal legend, and loves his strats. I just don't personally see the appeal myself. It's nothing against that particular guitar, or indeed what most people use it for. It's more that I don't quite get why so many find it THE go to guitar.

Quote by JustRooster
I'm probably not going to get a Peavey 6505+ and the newest Mayoness shred machine when I pretty much run my clean channel 90% of the time

Point taken and understood. As I said though it's not about me bashing them, it's more that even within that scope I feel there is (or perhaps at least should be) more variety.
Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 at Mar 22, 2013,
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
Loads of guitars of stupidly comfortable necks though, and again that's something that's entirely down to personal preference. I appreciate they are seriously tough though, and I've heard a good few horror stories that you'd think would total a guitar but have only yielded cosmetic damage. However, that said plenty of other guitars are equally as tough really, when put through the paces.

It's all personal preference. Having owned five Tele's, I can say that this one has an especially comfortable neck.

I guess I have to ask what this thread hopes to accomplish? I mean, you want to know the appeal, and we're telling you, but you seem to write these ideas off, instead offering why these instruments are confounding in popularity or reputation.

I can't speak to every other guitar, but I can say that these guitars carry a great history of fantastic players (inspiring many). I know that I bought my first Tele after watching Johnny Greenwood beat his to hell in a documentary.
OffsetOffset
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
No, that isn't my point, and for example look at Malmsteen. He's a metal legend, and loves his strats. I just don't personally see the appeal myself. It's nothing against that particular guitar, or indeed what most people use it for. It's more that I don't quite get why so many find it THE go to guitar.

it's versatile, universally known to be reliable, been around for years, used by many for generations. I don't get what you're not understanding
Quote by donegan_zealot
it's versatile, universally known to be reliable, been around for years, used by many for generations. I don't get what you're not understanding

Well I guess it's more that it feels like it's been done, if that makes any sense... I don't dispute the reliability or the sound or the playability, I suppose it's more of the design. Tried and tested, true, but has it evolved? Not really, yes there are super strats but those only really tend to cater for metal, and that's kind of a shame.
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
Well I guess it's more that it feels like it's been done, if that makes any sense... I don't dispute the reliability or the sound or the playability, I suppose it's more of the design. Tried and tested, true, but has it evolved? Not really, yes there are super strats but those only really tend to cater for metal, and that's kind of a shame.

Two things:
1) Tried, tested, and true... That's what I look for in a gigging guitar. I suspect many do.
2) There are variations on different models of both the Strat and Tele.

So is it just the body shape that confuses you?
OffsetOffset
Quote by donegan_zealot

It is a good instrument, it's just it seems a little tired, if that makes any sense. Tried and tested yes, but it hasn't really changed very much. Not that I'm saying it really should, it's more that there is a lot more to choose from these days, and it seems a little confusing as to why so many flock to it right away when there are other guitars potentially better suited to an individual. To bring up a case in point, and as i mentioned earlier, I learnt to play on a strat copy. Not because I though it was an awesome guitar but because it naturally seemed like the option to go to because I'd seen so much coverage of it in the media throughout my life. The same applied to several other people I knew that started playing around the same time as me.

I don't write any of these responses off at all, I'm just merely relaying further information to my original point as and when it's required.
Quote by SteveHOC
Two things:
1) Tried, tested, and true... That's what I look for in a gigging guitar. I suspect many do.
2) There are variations on different models of both the Strat and Tele.

So is it just the body shape that confuses you?

No it's not the shape, I have a couple of super strats and love them, it's more that so many flock to just a pretty much standard SSS strat and fall in love with it seemingly without having even given anything else a real chance. I just think that (and as i keep reiterating) there are more options these days.
I believe the phrase, "Don't fix what ain't broke"applies here. Teles, strats and lp's have been around for so long, that you know what you're getting from each guitar.

You could almost say the same thing about Marshall or Fender amps. They've been around a long time, and most people stick with the amp brands that have been around forever.
If someone is looking for cleans (and not wanting to go hunting for a boutique built amp), you send them to Fender. 70's/80's rock? Marshall. More modern metal? (I start to get shaky on brands here ) I hear Mesa Boogie around here lots. They're all go to gear if you're going after a general sound.
Caution:

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
Ok, so you're bothered that people seem to like a certain guitar without presumably having looked at other options. There are a lot of variables there, unless you're speaking strictly of a beginner who may not know his or her options.

I guess I go back to the reliability, who played/plays them, and taste. Some people don't dig certain guitars from the get-go. I'm not a Strat guy, but I fell hard for the Tele. I've looked at and owned many guitars, but I've always had at least one Tele in my rig. Why? I go back to tone and reliability, which have been virtually unmatched by other guitars I've had.
OffsetOffset
I learned on a strat copy as well, and whenever I'd try another guitar such as a les paul, sg etc, etc, It just didn't feel as comfortable and right for me as a strat did. With that said, I do need to put a humbucker in the bridge pickup to get some more power
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by Ippon
I love the Tele, so simple and so challenging. My favorite Tele is a stock Highway One and it sounds incredible through VH4's channel 3 and the Twin Jet's channel 2.

YES. The highway 1 tele is one of the best guitars to be mass produced. They are beautiful and incredibly versatile. I have several strats and teles. I'm not bit on the Gibson LP, but I love my esp eclipse. I think strats and teles are so popular because of the obvious reliability and iconography, but also the single coil pickups. I've played guitars with single coils in the neck and middle position like Jacksons and ESPs, but theyre just not fenders. Its hard to explain it beyond that.

I use the highway 1 tele through a mesa mini rec as my main rig and it kills. From clean to high gain, it does it all.
Last edited by stuntman chris at Mar 22, 2013,
Quote by Ippon
I love the Tele, so simple and so challenging. My favorite Tele is a stock Highway One and it sounds incredible through VH4's channel 3 and the Twin Jet's channel 2.

Have to ask, why challenging? As much as I'm not a fan I never found them challenging, unless of course we're talking in different contexts here.

Not related to quote...
Ok, I get the appeal in terms of reliability and such but again it's just there are other options and it does seem that a lot of people ignore these! For instance, (and please excuse the closed reference here, it's just an example which i feel is valid) there are many that prefer say Jackson to Ibanez. Both companies of which produce guitars of not only similar quality and feel but also targeted at the same market, yet still there is that divide. I suppose really people are just funny, and I don't exclude myself from that. Perhaps this has been a nonsense thread, but it's only brought about because I see so many people going on about how awesome their relatively bog standard strat is when they could have something a little different, and perhaps better tailored to their needs. Be it just a variation on a start or tele, or maybe something a but more different.

Call this thread nonsense if you like but I still feel people should give variety a chance, I did, and it was only through doing so that I discovered the best instruments for me.
It starts as a child...what did you see? What did you hear? Odds are good your earliest electric guitar idols played a Strat, Tele, LP, SG, V, a 355, maybe one of the Gretsch hollowbodies...or a copy of one.

So you probably start off wanting to emulate them. Nothing wrong with that.

As you progress, tastes may or may not change, and likewise your tastes and needs from your guitars.

After that, it becomes an open question as to whether you can find and possibly try out other makers. And then, whether those makers deliver something you think is worth buying as opposed to what you started off with.

Sometimes, that answer is no. Guitar idols like Clapton or Page could have anyone build hem a guitar hat looked like and felt like whatever they want, but they tend to be traditionalist. Rick Nielsen, OTOH, will have anyone build him anything.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by NotTheMessiah30

Hahaha, nonsense. There are an unbelievable number of strat and tele variations to suit practically any music genre and look. A lot of metal guitar companies use the strat body shape with HH configuration. Even if you're just talking about Fender, you again don't seem to know what you're on about. There are Fenders with HH, SSH, p90s, etc. G&L even has HS telecasters, like the Bluesboy. You can get set neck if you want, or classic bolt-on.

I mean, what exactly is so boring and plain about a strat or tele compared to, say, Gibson guitars? Each has been around a long time and has a number of different models for their classic body styles.

Honestly, I can't stand strats myself. Something about the body feel. But that's entirely on me, and has nothing to do with how they play or sound. I fail to see how Jackson and Ibanez are better for rock, blues, jazz, country, surf, etc etc. As was said at the start, you seem to be a metal guitarist whining that more people aren't playing metal guitars. But a lot of people don't play metal, or the kind of metal you like. A floyd rose Jackson HH with EMGs going through a modern metal amp really doesn't help me very much when I want to play Eric Clapton blues licks.

IAnother reason people go with strats and teles is you can get cheap, quality instruments that way, partly because they aren't as flashy as stuff from other companies. A good MIM strat is about $200 all day, every day. A good LTD will run you $400-600 at least. I'd own a MIM if I didn't hate how strat bodies feel against me.

If you want to hear more people talking about buying metal guitars, all you have to do is find a forum for metal guitarists. I guess I could post pics of my Heartfield Talon 1 with Dimarzio pups. Ooh, variety!
For instance, (and please excuse the closed reference here, it's just an example which i feel is valid) there are many that prefer say Jackson to Ibanez. Both companies of which produce guitars of not only similar quality and feel but also targeted at the same market, yet still there is that divide.

Sometimes, it comes to the tiniest of details.

I respect Gibson LPs and Fender Strats & Teles as being great guitars. I might never own one, though, because I don't find them comfy for some reason. However, I own a Fret-King Super 60HB ("Strat"), should be receiving a Malden Bad Karma ("LP") via UPS any day now, and am having a custom "Tele" being made by a luthier in New York that should be complete in late 2013.

Joe Schmoe probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference without looking at the headstock, but most players could as soon as they strapped them on.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 22, 2013,
I think teles look neat and I love the way strats play.

But I'm mostly and Ibanez kind of guy.
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
1. Have to ask, why challenging? As much as I'm not a fan I never found them challenging, unless of course we're talking in different contexts here.

2. Call this thread nonsense if you like but I still feel people should give variety a chance, I did, and it was only through doing so that I discovered the best instruments for me.

1. The incredible tones you can get based on playing style and the different amps and speakers available.

2. A healthy percentage of people on this forum probably have or will go through a variety of guitars and amps.
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
No, that isn't my point, and for example look at Malmsteen. He's a metal legend....

Let me stop you right there. A sick metal guitarist with a strat: Jon Levasseur of Cryptopsy.

I think the reason most people love them, is simply that the idea of what a guitar 'should' sound like is built upon the foundation set by those original 3 guitars. That jangly, crystalline clean tone we all think of is essentially a strat clean. Fat humbucker tones (maybe some fuzz)? Les Paul. That beefy, twangy brown sound? Tele. Simple as that. You can't emulate those original tones better than the actual tones. Most modern sounds are modifications on that, and so don't sound like them. But they were the foundations of our modern tones. It's actually really uplifting to see that the guitar community still recognizes the originals and has such a love for them.

Cheers, cunt.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
this thread is pointless, if not pointless just idiocy.

there are a ton of players one here with more and nicer guitars than i do, which is fine, i have two Gibson LP's two Gibson SG's a Gibson Gothic V, two GIbson Sonex's, two Peavey Wolfgangs (one USA one MIK), three ibanez prestiges (1570, 2570EVSL 3550mz) a borderline vintage MIA peavey guitar (1982)

i also have a strat.

i have owned over ten strats easily, and at least three or four teles but sold all but the strat i have now (don't have a tele atm)

if i am in the right place and right time, i will get a tele.

the point of this is not to say that some people like a little bit of anything. i have different uses for the guitars. i have every shape that isn't pointy is a hallow or a semi. and i sold a 7 a few years back and am looking for one at the moment. different people need different gear, not necessarily somewhere between 20-23 guitars, but more than a few.

i see this as somebody else stated, that since you play metal you don't see a use for anything else, which is rather ignorant, people play what the want to. hell, i play blues through my wolfgangs and my prestiges, but mostly through my LP and Strat. there are a lot of people who play odd. pepper keenen (Down) uses a beat to hell strat that IIRC has a P90 and i think just a SC in the bridge or something like that. he actually uses the trem on the strat too. and this is down, a metal band who uses a SC and a strat.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Ippon
1. The incredible tones you can get based on playing style and the different amps and speakers available.

2. A healthy percentage of people on this forum probably have or will go through a variety of guitars and amps.

for example just for the OP's sake owned over 60, yes sixty. eight years, and i have only bought on this year (IIRC)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Because they may be kind of plain, but the wow factor at least for me IS the playability. I've owned a lot of guitars but none are as comfortable as my strats. And personally I love the look of them. It's like the look of a 65 Mustang. Just classic you know? And one of the big things I like about them is the plastic control panel, in other words, modding without routing.
I don't understand what kind of answer you expect to get and I fail completely to see the point of this thread. That being said I used to hate teles a long time ago, the shape, the stripped down look and the pickup configuration just bothered me and a strat seemed too common and unuseful for me. 7 years later those same shapes I couldn't stand grew on me to the point that I've been saving to buy not one but both of those guitars.
I have a friend who plays shecter and ibanez guitars in his metal band, he used to think like you two years ago, even describing the tele as ugliest guitar ever. As he started to hear a wider variety of music he's now saving for a strat.

What I'm trying to say is maybe you're in one of those phases, I also couldn't stand gretsch semi hollows and now they seem pretty sweet to me.

There's no point to this, play whatever you want because as you said it's personal preference.
Also I feel the need to say this. I play mostly indie rock. But I also play classic metal, death metal, blues, country, emo, classic rock, new rock, and anything else I feel the need to play.

I play all of this on a hss strat..
Boom to anyone that says a strat isn't versatile.

Another thing I personally feel that your opinion is a little bigoted by your obsession with metal and what's cool. Just because it isn't pointy and covered in blood doesn't make it bad. There's a reason their still being made after all these years. Because along with the les paul, the strat and the tele are still the most popular guitars in the world
I love the thickness of humbuckers and i love Les Pauls and SG's, but nothing and I mean nothing compares to the tone of a instantly recognizable Strat or Tele, they can growl or create immense cleans, and the Tele is one of the most versatile of all time.
i think alot of it has to do with the countless variations you can get. theres so many different pickup options from all the different models. you can get a strat suited to whatever genre you play
My favourite guitarists all used Strats, Teles or LPs.

I like Queens of the Stone Age, Pumpkins, the Stones, Led Zeppelin, GnR, Sonic Youth, the Clash, Black Keys, Hendrix.

What guitars do they use?

A Jem or a ESP isn't going to be the best guitar to use to get a blues tone when playing Little Wing.

Lots of guitarists could probably learn a lot more by spending time on the bands I suggested instead of jumping into sweep picking because they want to sound like their idols as quickly as they can because they bought a Warlock.

Honestly, I see guitarists on this site, on Youtube, and in real life who forsake the most basic technique because they jump into advanced techniques way too quickly and sound pretty awful.

Perhaps this is a tangent, but if you buy a certain guitar you're more likely to play certain types of music on it.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
My favourite guitarists all used Strats, Teles or LPs.

I like Queens of the Stone Age, Pumpkins, the Stones, Led Zeppelin, GnR, Sonic Youth, the Clash, Black Keys, Hendrix.

What guitars do they use?

A Jem or a ESP isn't going to be the best guitar to use to get a blues tone when playing Little Wing.

Lots of guitarists could probably learn a lot more by spending time on the bands I suggested instead of jumping into sweep picking because they want to sound like their idols as quickly as they can because they bought a Warlock.

Honestly, I see guitarists on this site, on Youtube, and in real life who forsake the most basic technique because they jump into advanced techniques way too quickly and sound pretty awful.

Perhaps this is a tangent, but if you buy a certain guitar you're more likely to play certain types of music on it.

Praise the Lawddd-a!
Lets just stick to strats, because I know a thing or two about them.

First, instantly recognizable visually to basically every person on earth. Show a silhouette of just the body of a strat to anyone and I'm willing to bet 99% recognize its a guitar. And probably the vast majority of those people will know what the name of the guitar is, and possibly even the original manufacturer.

Second, the fender strat is probably the most widely available electric guitar on earth. Couple that in with it being the most copied design it has basically become ubiquitous, which goes back to point 1 as well.

Third, star power. The guitar legends who get people into play guitar play or have played strats. Jimi, Clapton, SRV, probably 3 of the most popular guitarists that get people into guitar, all primarily known for using strats.

Fourth, strats have probably the largest aftermarket on parts of any guitar. Coupled with the design of the pickguard it allows massive customization by the end user, for relatively little capital in many cases. Plus all the different styles and models that fender produces means that just the Fender strats are extremely varied.

In conclusion, the strat is the ubiquitous 'guitar'.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I personally dont get Strats or Teles either TS. Even Superstrats are bit meh. I do love metal guitars (obviously) and V's but from classicswhat clicks with me are Les Pauls. Yes, LPs. Strats and Teles are soulless as hell but Les Paul gets my full attention. So gorgeous!

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Page 1 of 2