So right now, I'm running a GK 1001RBII bass head, and It's been a workhorse for 2 years now, but now I'm looking into maybe a different set up.
I don't have the money for an AxeFX, which I would prefer, but an Avid Eleven rack mount set up would be around $400, then I'd get cheap power amp until I get something better.
For guitar, I'm running a Carvin V3M with a tube screamer and a Decimator.

My question is, has anyone ran an Eleven rack for guitar and bass and had success? (not at the same time, just for use as both. I play bass in my band, but at home, I play guitar alot more often.)

My other question is, can I just get a Carvin SS power amp and use it for bass AND guitar? (I'm not sure how these things works, I've always ran heads for bass and guitar.)
Then, when I get the money for a decent tube power amp, would I be able to use THAT for guitar and bass too?

My biggest concern outside of that, is my sound being too "digital" sounding. I'm a smidge bit of a purest with my sound quality.

Help?
Guitar gear used:
LTD EC-1000 Sunburst (jb/'59)
'94 Peavey Reactor EMG loaded
Eleven Rack
Crown XLS1000
Carvin Neo 2x10 and 1x15
Spaun Drum Kit
I don't see why you couldn't use it for both. The Eleven rack has bass amp models too, doesn't it? And even if it didn't have, it would still work but maybe not sound that good. I mean, amps are amps, it doesn't really matter what you plug into them. They amplify sound, there's no magic inside of them. They don't detect if you are playing guitar or bass or something else. Guitar amps just may be voiced a bit differently. But some guitar amps work well for both bass and guitar, same with some bass amps. The only thing why people don't recommend you to use guitar amp for bass is the speakers that may not handle the low frequencies. So just use a bass cab and it should be OK.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I already have a 1x15 and 2x10 cab I use live for bass, so that won't be a concern. I was just checking before I bought an Eleven and power amp. It's got a bass expansion pack I would be purchasing.
Thanks
Guitar gear used:
Eleven Rack
Crown XLS1000
Carvin Neo 2x10 and 1x15
Spaun Drum Kit
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Be sure to use a bass cab, or a proper FRFR cab when using it for bass. Otherwise, you're fine with it.

^This. The Eleven should work fine for both, as long as you tweak it properly. more than a few bassists are using the Fractal Axe-FX II for their tone and effects, so the Eleven should work out fine. Just don't play it through a guitar cabinet or the speakers are doomed. For bass, you might want to consider using your Eleven and dispense with the power amp and cabinet, and just go straight from the Eleven into the mixing board/PA system.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
^This. The Eleven should work fine for both, as long as you tweak it properly. more than a few bassists are using the Fractal Axe-FX II for their tone and effects, so the Eleven should work out fine. Just don't play it through a guitar cabinet or the speakers are doomed. For bass, you might want to consider using your Eleven and dispense with the power amp and cabinet, and just go straight from the Eleven into the mixing board/PA system.

My new guitar player is using the original Axe FX, and that thing has got me sold on this kinda set up.
I have a GK 1001RBII head that I'm running into a bass 2x10 and bass 1x15 right now, so I have everything I need. I'll be selling the GK to get an Eleven and a power amp.
Plus I figure, I can use the guitar presets to run into my 2x12 for guitar, and It'll be a pretty universal rig
Guitar gear used:
Eleven Rack
Crown XLS1000
Carvin Neo 2x10 and 1x15
Spaun Drum Kit