Hello everyone,

I was trying to record my guitar-output via my notebook but somehow it won't work. This is my set-up so far:

Guitar -> Amp (Peavey Vypyr) -> Notebook

Let me say the Vypyr has a headphones/recording output wich I conected with my notebooks mic-in. Thing is, I get some sound but its intermitent.

Any ideas what I could do? Could it be the driver? I've checked so far and there are no updates to it.

Thanks in advance!
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
You can't. The mic input is not designed for this. You need an interface. Go read the sticky.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
You absolutely can, that's just plain unhelpful.

It'll probably be rather noisy though, I wouldn't expect wonders.

What software are you recording into? No need for drivers if you're using your laptop's standard mic input.
Quote by kyle62

It'll probably be rather noisy though, I wouldn't expect wonders.

What software are you recording into? No need for drivers if you're using your laptop's standard mic input.

I was planing to use Audacity. But as I said, I have problems as soon as I plug my amp into my laptops mic-in.

I have two audio-recording-devices to choose from on my laptop:
the internal microphone and stereomix. Problem is, the internal microphone has to be activated in order to record any sounds, even those pluged directly into the mic-in (already tried deactivaging the internal microphone and activating stereomix). The next problem is that the sound, as it is played back by my laptop, is highly disrupted.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
Quote by kyle62

I'll stick by what I said in the interface sticky. It can work, but most of the idea I have no idea how and it's next to pointless to try and fix it when you can buy the worlds cheapest interface and get way better results.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
I'll stick by what I said in the interface sticky. It can work, but most of the idea I have no idea how and it's next to pointless to try and fix it when you can buy the worlds cheapest interface and get way better results.

Well, can you recommend me an interface that is any good? And somehow affordable?
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF

Quote by metalmingee
Quote by Dragonfyre137
Well, can you recommend me an interface that is any good? And somehow affordable?

He's already done that in the sticky.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yup. The first interface on that sticky will run you all of $30. You can apparently get unbranded versions too which are exactly the same but way cheaper.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Dragonfyre137

Yeah. go on ebay and search for 'guitar link'. It's a little USB guitar interface that you can get for around $10, and it does the job fine. Behringer sell the exact same product with their own branding, but it's quite a bit more expensive.
Quote by kyle62
Yeah. go on ebay and search for 'guitar link'. It's a little USB guitar interface that you can get for around $10, and it does the job fine. Behringer sell the exact same product with their own branding, but it's quite a bit more expensive.

....and that's the first interface mentioned in the sticky.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
okay, thanks so far. I'll check for it on ebay.
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF

Quote by metalmingee
Quote by GaryBillington
....and that's the first interface mentioned in the sticky.

Well technically the one I mention is the branded one, not the unbranded one.

Quote by DisarmGoliath