Poll: Do you like airports?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like airports?
Si
17 61%
Meh, I can deal with it.
6 21%
Nein.
4 14%
TS is ein knob.
1 4%
Voters: 28.
Page 1 of 2
I absolutely love airports. The excitement to be going somewhere and getting to see all the planes makes me feel like a big kid.

Not to mention the tense moment when your luggage comes around the collection thingy.

Do you like airports?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Yeah, I love sitting around for hours being surrounded by the great unwashed and their children. I also love getting up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning so I can get to check in.

I also love watching my luggage come around on the conveyors. The excitement of whether or not the airport crew have ****ing mullered it is a brilliant natural high after several hours being cooped up in a metal tube with 300 people using 2 toilets.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I used to but I've aged about 50 years in the last 10 years so not anymore.

Points to metacarpi for using 'mullered'. I don't hear that word enough.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

You described exactly what I feel at airports OP! Yeah I do like them. Plus you may see or meet funny and interesting people. Like in 2011 at the JFK airport, I chatted with the singer-guitarist of some indie band which was coming to perform a few dates in my country. He was cool
Last edited by Jyrgen at Mar 22, 2013,
Yep. I have to, living where I do in relation to where I'm from.

I'd probably make a journey just to go through an airport/on a plane if I could
I love traveling and airports are part of the journey. So yes.

Airports are interesting because nothing really matters in there apart from when your flight is. I like people watching, guessing where they're going or why they're going there and how they feel about being in an airport. Each airport has its own culture too. Yeah I love airports.
cat
The idea of going to airports is pretty fly, but getting caught up with the shit at the airport always brings me down...
Quote by guitarxo
I love traveling and airports are part of the journey. So yes.

██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Aeroplanes and airports are a front to God almighty !!!!
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
I've only been in an airport or airplane twice in my life and the last time was in 2007.
They're pretty cool. The longest I've been on a plane is 4 hours so I just slept the whole time.
I'm going to Australia next February so it may be my first time going alone. My parents want to go with me so that's a bit of a downer.

EDIT: My service marketing professor told me the best way to get upgrades on flights is to ask the check in counter 15-30 minutes before take off.
Last edited by Extra Ordinary at Mar 22, 2013,
Quote by metacarpi
Yeah, I love sitting around for hours being surrounded by the great unwashed and their children. I also love getting up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning so I can get to check in.

I also love watching my luggage come around on the conveyors. The excitement of whether or not the airport crew have ****ing mullered it is a brilliant natural high after several hours being cooped up in a metal tube with 300 people using 2 toilets.

Lol

If you know how to book a flight you don't sit around for hours or have to wake up at absurd hours. If you go onto Kayak & select the cheapest flight possible, then you might.

OT: I love airports. Why? Because most airports have bars. There's nothing like loading up at the bar, making small talk with people who actually have stories to tell, then sleeping on the plane.
Quote by metacarpi

Metacarpi summed it up best.

I would like to add: I love to be seated between two fat people who, one, hasn't learned in the 35 years of his existence to open a bag of potato chips properly without causing an insane mess. Along with the other fat guy who falls asleep with that annoying nose-whistle for an hour straight.
Quote by Dimarzio45

I would like to add: I love to be seated between two fat people who, one, hasn't learned in the 35 years of his existence to open a bag of potato chips properly without causing an insane mess. Along with the other fat guy who falls asleep with that annoying nose-whistle for an hour straight.

And yeah, I know it isn't AT the airport. But you know it's going to lead to that.
Quote by Extra Ordinary

EDIT: My service marketing professor told me the best way to get upgrades on flights is to ask the check in counter 15-30 minutes before take off.

That does work
Quote by Dimarzio45

As my original posts mentions "if you know how to book a flight"... Most people don't book middle seats, especially if you're flying solo.
Airports suck **** but that's mostly because you have to get there like 2 hours early to get through security because some stupid muslims decided to hijack a couple planes a decade ago.
Quote by metacarpi

basically
Quote by AxeToFall
As my original posts mentions "if you know how to book a flight"... Most people don't book middle seats, especially if you're flying solo.

What do you think they have to offer you when they've run out of window seats?
Quote by Showiddlydiddly
If there was a hell, it would be an airport. Or a museum.

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Dimarzio45
What do you think they have to offer you when they've run out of window seats?

Then you've obviously waited too long to book that flight, so you select a different time or airline from your 30 options.
Airports blow.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
airports are like hospitals. The scene of intense joy, instense sadness and incredible boredom. Fun the first couple times you go because of all the cool gadgets and machinery but gets old very quickly
I made this thread on my phone and I swear I didn't submit it was going to add a poll

edit: poll added

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Mar 22, 2013,
Quote by AxeToFall
Lol

If you know how to book a flight you don't sit around for hours or have to wake up at absurd hours. If you go onto Kayak & select the cheapest flight possible, then you might.

OT: I love airports. Why? Because most airports have bars. There's nothing like loading up at the bar, making small talk with people who actually have stories to tell, then sleeping on the plane.

I book my flights in the middle of the night so I don't waste a day at each end travelling. With work I'm lucky to be able to get away for a week, and I'm damned if I'm wasting those days at airports, so I book late flights.

Thanks for the condescension though.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Airports suck. The only thing that makes them bearable is that the reason you are there is (most of the time, for me anyways) to go somewhere awesome.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Don't get me wrong, I'd love museums, but I've never actually found one which I can spend time in without feeling lightheaded and/or nauseous. Same story with airports. It something about the air.
Last time I went to an airport, I had to wait an extra hour for my plane. Apparently the Chelsea players were more important than us supporters who'd just paid £300 to see them lose 4-1 to Atletico Madrid.

Therefore, I hate airports.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
dis nigga thinks si is a german word
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by stratkat
I've never been to one. I'd have to be off my tips and drunk to get on a commercial plane.

Please tell me this isn't an actual thing. It's even worse than tidbit
I like airport threads.

thought I saw double. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1594067
But there were 2.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by Burgery
dis nigga thinks si is a german word

dis nigga knows that si is romanian for german.

wait..

Quote by angusfan16
Page 1 of 2