Hey guys!

So i want to ask if someone around here knows if it's possible to open 2 screens with guitar pro 6? i know you are able to do it in guitar pro 5 but it would be awesome if you could do the same on guitar pro 6 instead of using the tabs on the program.

The main reason i wonder is because me and my band are writing songs in 2 different tunings, and instead of tabbing around on the program it would be great if you could open up 2 windows and work with them in 2 different screens

Thanks alot for answears!
I can't really understand what you mean. Maybe you need the "global detune" button?
Quote by Zaqq
I can't really understand what you mean. Maybe you need the "global detune" button?

What i mean is if you are able to open guitar pro 6 in 2 windows instead of one window with 2 tabs
Yes it's possible.

Which Windows version do you have?

The following works for 8 (and 7)
You need an extra user account for your PC, if you only have one - set up an extra from the control panel. If you need steps on how to do this I can give you a link but you can just google it as well.

1. Just run GP6 as usual to start the first one
2. Find where GP is installed (C:/Program Files/Guitar Pro 6/GuitarPro.exe usually)
3. Now, hold SHIFT and Right Click mouse ->Run as different user
4. Input the secondary user login and password if needed

You should now get another GP6 starting. You might have to re-input registration information - but that's it, you've got 2 GP6es running and can probably start more if you need

Hope it works for you - post back if it doesn't. Cheers