Hi fellas,

Book in a studio tomorrow & I'm doing some last minute prep to my guitar & I've noticed an issue with the stop bar on my ESP Eclipse.

One of the screws/studs is loose even when fully tightened, if I pull on the bridge that side of the stop bar lifts up out the guitar.

When I'm playing is there any chance of this popping out of place?

If I got some wood glue & glued a toothpick to the inside to allow the threads to grip. Would this work?
Last edited by AndyGray at Mar 22, 2013,
I'd leave it be until you're done in the studio unless you have another guitar. It'd be quite the irritance to miss studio time for guitar work.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
TBH, in my old strat the same sort of thing happened and I rammed some electrical tubing in & it worked really well. I'll take two guitars anyway!
Shouldn't have any issues, man. The tension of the strings will keep the screw in place, anyway.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
just go buy a Metric and US Customary allen key set, it's always good to have plenty of them anyway.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
just go buy a Metric and US Customary allen key set, it's always good to have plenty of them anyway.
Now why would he want to do that?

I picked up a set from B&M for 99p the other weekend exactly because you can never have too many allen keys. And at that price I can afford to leave them lying around and lose them like I usually do.
Quote by Viban

+1 to that. What exactly does that have to do with this particular problem though?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
^He had a post about losing the allen key for his stop bar intonation adjustment, he must have deleted it.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
^He had a post about losing the allen key for his stop bar intonation adjustment, he must have deleted it.
I can vouch for this. Just couldn't resist highlighting the fact you were replying to a non-existant question.
Quote by von Layzonfon
I can vouch for this. Just couldn't resist highlighting the fact you were replying to a non-existant question.

Why do people always attempt to make me look crazy? Don't I do a well enough job on my own?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.