Hello pit, I come here just to write about my little disapointment with that "Wednesday Question" and the list that every friday UG gives us.

I guess the vast majority of the people in this site are American but is just so difficult to find one "10 Best albums of all time", "10 Best guitarists of all time" list that includes at least one band/album/artist from out of USA, Canada or UK?

I mean, here in Spain people think Americans are egocentric and know nothing about the outter world. I wanna believe they are not really that way but I can't.

What are your thought about it? (specially those not from the USA)

And sorry about my english
Speak English or go back to Mexico
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Its because most good bands come from those countries. A few exceptions being Norway, Sweden and Germany. Some good stuff come from Brazil too.
Silverburst
It doesn't have to do with America in anyway. If America makes the best music then oh well.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by pucio
Still waiting for non-joke answers.

Shouldn't have posted in the pit if you wanted non-joke answers :P
I never find the lists very satisfying.

Awesome avatar by the way. Seeing them in about two months.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by soundgarden1986
Maybe... just maybe people like them for the actual quality and, don't give the slightest shit about where they come from. It's not some ego trip thing.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Name one great world famous band from Spain and then we'll talk.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by pucio
Still waiting for non-joke answers.

You think they're joking
Quote by theogonia777

Su Ta Gar is pretty good but they aren't famous.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by theogonia777

That's the American type of comment one would expect...

I actually listen very little spanish music (I think I don't like my language to express feelings) and I didn't try to say that Spain has great music.

Sorry to have hurt your feelings.
Quote by pucio

I actually listen very little spanish music (I think I don't like my language to express feelings) and I didn't try to say that Spain has great music.

Oh world.
Silverburst
Quote by pucio
I mean, here in Spain people think Americans are egocentric

That's weird because here in America no one thinks about Spain at all.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by pucio

The point wasn't that the band has to be from Spain. You're bitching about all of the bands being USA, Canada, or the UK. You said that you're from spain, so its easy to assume you mean theres good spanish music. If there isn't any in spain, then name one band from somewhere else that is popular enough worldwide to make it onto one of those lists.

Also, someone from a country known mostly for being prideful in excess probably doesn't have a lot of room to call American's out. Maybe you don't have that Spanish Pride. But maybe not every American is not the same too.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Last edited by Danjo's Guitar at Mar 22, 2013,
You see, the countries of the world are like an American high school clubs. America is like the kids on the football and basketball teams. The UK and Canada are the kids on the soccer and hockey teams (respectively) where they're cool because they're on sports teams, but people don't care about those as much unless they're winning states. Other countries are like the sewing club, the Asian club, the juggling club, etc. Nobody really cares about those clubs unless they are in them.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's because the music industry was basically built by the UK and America. Canada and a few of the Nordic countries have muscled in a little, but the worldwide stage is still dominated by acts who are either English or American.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
a few of the Nordic countries have muscled in a little

Maybe if you're talking metal, which is like .0892% of the music industry. Most of the other European countries like Italy and Germany are of far more prominence than Scandinavia in the music industry due to the amount of EDM, europop, etc that comes out of there, which is much higher up in the music industry than metal.
Quote by pucio
Hello pit, I come here just to write about my little disapointment with that "Wednesday Question" and the list that every friday UG gives us.

I guess the vast majority of the people in this site are American but is just so difficult to find one "10 Best albums of all time", "10 Best guitarists of all time" list that includes at least one band/album/artist from out of USA, Canada or UK?

I mean, here in Spain people think Americans are egocentric and know nothing about the outter world. I wanna believe they are not really that way but I can't.

What are your thought about it? (specially those not from the USA)

And sorry about my english

In the United Kingdom we think Americans can be fat, stupid and arrogant... But then that's probably us being fat, stupid and arrogant.
Quote by theogonia777
Maybe if you're talking metal, which is like .0892% of the music industry. Most of the other European countries like Italy and Germany are of far more prominence than Scandinavia in the music industry due to the amount of EDM, europop, etc that comes out of there, which is much higher up in the music industry than metal.

Sorry, I should have clarified I was talking about rock/guitar-based acts, as per the OP.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
The point wasn't that the band has to be from Spain. You're bitching about all of the bands being USA, Canada, or the UK. You said that you're from spain, so its easy to assume you mean theres good spanish music. If there isn't any in spain, then name one band from somewhere else that is popular enough worldwide to make it onto one of those lists.

Also, someone from a country known mostly for being prideful in excess probably doesn't have a lot of room to call American's out. Maybe you don't have that Spanish Pride. But maybe not every American is not the same too.

The only thing I wanted to point out was the fact that (In my opinion) there isn't a real, let's say, "Top 10 best albums of all time" wordlwide. It seems always seen from an American point of view.

For example, in this last list, "10 best albums of the 1980s". There's Master of Puppets. You can argue it's a great album because Metallica are one of the more (if not the most) famous Thrash Metal band in the world and that album was a crucial point in their career...
I totally agree with that.
I like melodic metal and Helloween were a pioneer band in the Power Metal scene in Germany with The Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt. 1 & 2. I'm not saying it should make it in the list but I don't see anyone even mentioning it on the coments and that's a thing I don't understand why.

The same happens with the 1990s albums. I saw one person in the comments that mentioned In Flames when we all know they are (someone would say were) one of the best and first bands in the Melodic Death Metal scene.

And again, this is my opinion and I'm not saying my favourite bands should be on those lists but I see it kind of strange that no one is mentioning those bands.
Quote by pucio
The only thing I wanted to point out was the fact that (In my opinion) there isn't a real, let's say, "Top 10 best albums of all time" wordlwide. It seems always seen from an American point of view.

For example, in this last list, "10 best albums of the 1980s". There's Master of Puppets. You can argue it's a great album because Metallica are one of the more (if not the most) famous Thrash Metal band in the world and that album was a crucial point in their career...
I totally agree with that.
I like melodic metal and Helloween were a pioneer band in the Power Metal scene in Germany with The Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt. 1 & 2. I'm not saying it should make it in the list but I don't see anyone even mentioning it on the coments and that's a thing I don't understand why.

The same happens with the 1990s albums. I saw one person in the comments that mentioned In Flames when we all know they are (someone would say were) one of the best and first bands in the Melodic Death Metal scene.

And again, this is my opinion and I'm not saying my favourite bands should be on those lists but I see it kind of strange that no one is mentioning those bands.
http://news.sky.com/story/120511/hendrix-voted-worlds-best-guitarist

I am so old, I remember this when it broke. - This news story on Sky News from 2002.
It said some vote had been taken and the top 10 included a lot of Brits and it started by having Slash and using Novemeber Rain's music video with that... I remember that, it also named others and said Hendrix was number one.

I remember that.
Because the entries on those lists are voted by the users, and since the majority of users here come from the USA or UK they tend to only vote bands/albums/musicians from their own country. And the reason for why you don't see people posting many foreign bands in the comments is because most people are aware that these lists are not an accurate depiction of which bands/albums/musicians are the best and therefore don't care
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________