i have a fender Stratocaster, and the amp i am using is my brothers old one... Fender Frontman 15G and clearly it sucks... and could never make the same sound quality as many post-hardcore bands so i plan to buy a new one but i have no idea which amp i should get
Well, a used peavey 6505 is probably going to be your best bet. Fill this out so we know for sure. A mesa dual rec would also be nice. Soldano SLO, Krank Revolution, etc.

Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
I don't see the 6505 being a post-hardcore amp being a post hardcore because its a genre that needs cleans and frankly he is better off with the front man for that genre, hell almost anything is better for post hardcore then the 6505.
Ts please post your budget, favorite guitarists, and location.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
what are some examples of post hardcore? there are so many sub-genres that i am always lost what sounds like what.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Aaaand with a quick google search.. Its hardcore... Stop with the stupid sub-genre's that dont matter...
ledzeppelin7510 wrote:

come on guys, this could be great for Portnoy; remember when Neil Peart left Rush to join My Chemical Romance? Oh...wait...
Quote by Magnificoamar
Aaaand with a quick google search.. Its hardcore... Stop with the stupid sub-genre's that dont matter...

few more keystrokes from my computer, i agree, hardcore. +1

and +3.14159265359 again for the prefixes/suffixes in general.

OP if you want some help, tell us some bands you like. i will help you, its just i can't find what you are looking for becuause you didn't really leave us with much.

odds are you will want a new guitar. go play some, probably want a humbucker at least in the bridge.

amp, you want something new, if i knew what sound you were into are i could help you again.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Post hardcore is pretty much emo/punk what ever its high gain amps with garbage cleans is not what ts is looking for.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Silverstein, from first to last, escape the fate, too late the hero, something in that ballpark?i I vot engl powerball until budget is set
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
When I hear post-hardcore I think of Refused, At the Drive-in, Envy and what not

so in that vein of tones I would recommend a JCM800 or thereabouts. That's probably too spendy so look for a used Laney AOR or JCM900/2000. (or peavey vypyr 60)
Alexisonfire use pretty high-gain custom Morris amps - I know Wade used a Hiwatt (or did, anyways, before he smashed it at their last show lol) too... I dont know too much about anything post-hardcore past that though.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Hit YT, searched post hardcore, clicked through a few videos... and realized why I hadn't really listened to it before now...

On topic: Gain, obscene amounts of gain. You'll need a 5150 III / 6505 / 6505+ with two Metal Zones in front along with an EQ pedal set to a nice, mid-less V shape and jock strap two sizes too small (but only if you intend to sing). Throat lozenges may be a good addition.
Quote by 4FunandProphet
ock strap two sizes too small

Maybe if they had invented jock straps earlier, there would have been less eunuch roaming the churches.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
No budget? Soldano SLO.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100