Poll: Do you like Ultimate-Guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like Ultimate-Guitar?
Yes indeedy do.
60 36%
No diddly dont.
19 11%
More like Ultimate-Gaytar.
45 27%
A knob is TS.
42 25%
Voters: 166.
Page 1 of 3
the site is crap, but i stuck around for the forums.
i don't know why i feel so dry
The collection of tabs is pretty much the only reason to use the site. I still have no idea why I continue to browse the forums occasionally.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
The collection of tabs is pretty much the only reason to use the site. I still have no idea why I continue to browse the forums occasionally.

Because you can never leave.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
site is shit
tabs are shit
articles are super shit
the people on here are mostly shit
this list is pretty shit too
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by leony03
Because you can never leave.

I swear, every single time I do it I end up going "why did I even bother?"
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I swear, every single time I do it I end up going "why did I even bother?"

Thats the UG effect!

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I like the forums, kinda sorta. I Don't post much but i do occasionally lurk. I think my time here is coming to an end, but thats what they all say right?

Other than that, i basically just look at chords for songs, don't bother with the tabs anymore.
I like you guys. Some of you. Sometimes.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What's up with all these mirror threads?

I made one about airports.

People copied my idea.

I copied my own idea.

Profit.

Quote by angusfan16
I like the pit, but the rest of the website is crap, especially the new, interviews and articles. I do use the tabs from time to time, though.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
I like the pit, but the rest of the website is crap, especially the new, interviews and articles. I do use the tabs from time to time, though.

Hey, the Recordings forum is awesome - too awesome for you, in fact. Hmph

GG&A and GB&C are cool too, haven't really been in any of the other forums
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Out of all the guitar forum sites this one has the most well organize/in depth posts relating to theory, gear, and general knowledge of the guitar itself (IMO). As for the tabs, well if you find it on any other tab site then 9 out of 10 times it'll be on UG so I'd say it's thorough. I will say this, other forums seem to be a lot more polite and relaxed. You don't see nearly as much insults and threads going off topic because somebody said something that drove everyone nuts.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What's up with all these mirror threads?

SHUT UP MAN IT'S FUNNY AND ORIGINAL
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I'm a terrible guitarist. When I first started in 2006 I used this site for tabs. Now I'm enamored by the craziness

Overall, I like it.
The forums are the only thing I use these days. Maybe a chord chart here and there.
It was my privilege
It has tabs when I need them, it has news articles, which are shitty, but they do keep me up to date with whats going on and who has a new album. The forums have stuff to read. The pit is funny about 15% of the time.

Also theres a sexy teacher lady in the add on the front page. (Anyone happen to know who that is?)
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Also theres a sexy teacher lady in the add on the front page. (Anyone happen to know who that is?)

Weirdhands McPhotoshopped?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Let's see...
- the staff are incompetent and make money off user submitted content without notice or permission
- good tabs often get rejected for dumb reasons while shit tabs often get accepted without a hitch
- most the forum users are insufferable douchebags.

Yeah, love it.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Last edited by Dynamight at Mar 22, 2013,
Quote by Eastwinn
the site is crap, but i stuck around for the forums.

and the tabs section. everything else is shite.
Quote by Dynamight
Let's see...
- the staff are incompetent and make money off user submitted content without notice or permission

You seriously think that?

- good tabs often get rejected for dumb reasons while shit tabs often get accepted without a hitch

I am not involved in that, but I imagine that you get a reason why your tabs weren't rejected and I doubt they are 'dumb' - probably valid reasons, but with the huge number of tabs submitted it will always be tough for a group of people to be 100% consistent with what is accepted and what isn't.

Most people in the world are, too, if you don't know them on a personal level (and many still are then).

Yeah, love it.

Nobody is forcing you to be here...

Quote by Danjo's Guitar

Psst... it's a cartoon/CGI
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Weirdhands McPhotoshopped?

Man, her hands are ****ed up
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
It passes the time.
=^● ⋏ ●^=
myanimelist! | steam!
---------
i'm a waste of my freedom / cause i have imprisoned myself
with this crippling lack of wealth / and my decaying sense of self
UG goes in phases for me. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's not, and sometimes I have no other choice.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
You seriously think that?

"Think"? Both are observable facts, but I wouldn't expect a mod to confirm it.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I am not involved in that, but I imagine that you get a reason why your tabs weren't rejected and I doubt they are 'dumb' - probably valid reasons, but with the huge number of tabs submitted it will always be tough for a group of people to be 100% consistent with what is accepted and what isn't.

An equally expected response.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Most people in the world are, too, if you don't know them on a personal level (and many still are then).

Thanks for the life lesson, but I'm actually comparing this website to other websites

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Nobody is forcing you to be here...

Not liking a place isn't the same as not wanting to be there.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Eh, most people waste their time on Facebook, I waste it here. So if it wasn't for the pit, I'd be even more bored than I am. Plus the tabs come in handy if I need to learn something real quick.

7/10 will keep coming here.
Quote by Dynamight

Well, I don't get paid... no other mod, S mod, CC etc. get paid. Those running the site on a technical level are paid, but you don't actually see them posting in here much... And I don't see how you think they get paid for using other people's stuff without consent, but that's another matter...

Thanks for the life lesson, but I'm actually comparing this website to other websites

Cool, I'm sure they're great websites

So instead of staying on those websites you prefer to UG, you're 'wanting to be here' spending your time on a website you don't like?

Anyway, I won't argue any further - keep on doing whatever it is you're doing and such.
Quote by Minkaro
I hate you all, this is a terrible site with terrible users and terrible tabs and news articles.

I'm staying though.

This is more or less my opinion on the matter.
Quote by Dynamight
You're an idiot. I distinctly remember you (or someone like you) in site feedback ranting about this and everyone proved you wrong.

You're basically saying, "UG charges people to look at my tabs". That's false. Your tabs are there and can be accessed/viewed for free. UG charges people to use their TabPro software, which displays user submitted content in a different format.

Regardless of whether you can accept that or not, by submitting something to UG you are agreeing to UG's terms, which is that all user-submitted content becomes property of the site. If you don't like it, tough tits. Stop submitting content then.
Tabs are often rejected for:

A - being shit. Users are involved in the tab approval process. If they vote to deny the tab, it won't be approved. If nobody votes for or against it, it's usually approved unless:

B - there's plenty of pre-existing tabs for that song and your tab isn't significantly different enough to warrant a new tab. I know how this works. There was a song on UG that had a bunch of tabs, but every single one of them had the intro wrong. So I submitted a new tab, and it was denied. I asked why, showing video proof that my tab was right and was the way the band played it, and I was told that since there were so many tabs for the song already I should just submit it as a correction on the existing tabs.

C - it's an unsigned artist/really small unknown independent artist. Unsigned artists have to have their tabs submitted under Miscellaneous Artists or something like that. Independent artists on smaller labels and whatnot have to have proof of label backing in the tab (a link to the label's site or something) in order to be approved. It especially happens when the tab is for an artist that doesn't exist on UG yet. I had a few tabs denied because the artists weren't on UG yet. I resubmitted with some evidence, and boom, they were approved.

Try to view things objectively. Instead of getting all pissy and making passive-aggressive comments that are out of place, you should spend more time in the "Where's My Tab" thread. I know you're familiar with it.

I'm willing to bet most of your tabs were denied for one or more of the reasons above.
How big of a moron does one have to be for one to voluntarily hang around places that they so actively dislike without having a real reason to be there?
Quote by Dynamight
Let's see...

Yeah, love it.

-Pretty sure that's the single most stupidest thing I've heard all day. But if you insist, I'd love to see some proof of that incredibly random assumption.

-I have no idea what tabs you're looking at, but I'm sure you aren't looking at enough. Good tabs are actually usually always accepted, while dumb tabs usually get denied because either 10 other versions are already posted, or hardly any effort was put into it. I spend more time in the Approval Queue than I should an I rarely see any good tabs get rejected.

-Sometimes. Sometimes it's just their sense of humor. But certainly not most. There are good users on here.

Edit: ^Yeah, that.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Page 1 of 3