Yeah you're right, I'm using reaper, and only recorded using amps, but I'm want to try out a digital rig 'cause my amp is not good at all.
First you need to put the plugin(s) in REAPER's plugin folder. Copy the .dll file from wherever it is to one of these locations depending on whether you're using 32 or 64 bit OS and REAPER:
32bit OS: C:\Program Files\REAPER\Plugins\FX
64bit OS, 32bit REAPER: C:\Program Files (x86)\REAPER\Plugins\FX
64bit OS, 64bit REAPER: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\Plugins\FX
if you're not sure what kind of OS or REAPER you're running, just find whichever one of those folders actually exists.
Once you've copied the plugin there, open REAPER, create a track, click the add effect button, and find your plugin. If you cant find it press F5 to rescan the effects.
If you're using LePou amp sims, you also need LeCab or another impulse response loader, and some impulse responses of speaker cabs so you emulate the speaker section of an amp too - the LePou plugins on their own with no cab simulation will sound terrible, as you would expect if you played through an amp using its effects loop as an output into a little speaker not designed specifically for guitar amps.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Yes, I've download those too, I just didn't know how to use them Do I run them in any special order? What does the impulse loader do?
The impulse response loader is just something that loads a simulation of the speaker cab (which is the 'impulse response'), and just like with a normal amplifier setup, you put the amp sim in the first position of your track's channel strip, and the cab loader in the second, and you select the impulse response in the cab loader.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.