http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/youtube-bloody-bullfight-video-ban-sparks-spanish-outrage-article-1.1296085

I think it's a good thing because if Spaniards are less distracted by sadistically murdering animals for sport maybe they can build a functioning economy. Your thoughts?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Steak is tasty.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
te quiero puta
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
No creature should get joy out of seeing another creature suffer. Especially if it's frivolous.

I can't blame them for being human, though. We suck at breaking traditions. I'll drink to that.
Like I give a shit about how "important" it is to their culture. It's animal abuse.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Bullfighting is only acceptable when the matador gets mauled and killed.
PM me for newts
Bullfighting is horrible. I remember my dad telling me a story about going to see one and he thought it was horrible. He said the bullfighter would cut the ears off the bull and throw them in the crowd. He was a teen at the time and it was in Mexico. I guess they should outlaw the viewing of it on Youtube in Mexico also.
STಠ_ಠ
I just can't imagine what kind of stress that bull is under. All this noise, all this clamor, and for what? So it can be slowly stabbed and killed? Real cool, brah. Real cool.
Only agreed if they keep the goring videos, like when that bullfighter dude got a vasectomy courtesy of an angry bull.
Whether it's a bull messing up some stupid matador OR a video depicting how hamburger are made it should have to abide by Youtube's rules on what content can be uploaded to their site.

It is not censorship!

It is Youtube's right to decide what users post
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
Last edited by James_Water2 at Mar 23, 2013,
Quote by James_Water2
Whether it's a bull messing up some stupid matador OR a video depicting how hamburger are made it should have to abide by Youtube's rules on what content can be uploaded to their site.

It is not censorship!

^ this

If Youtube were a government entity (which conspira-fags argue it is) then people would have a legitimate right to complain.
Quote by James_Water2

It is not censorship!

well this entire post is flawed. it is censorship, but it's fine because its their own stuff. if I say fudge instead of **** I'm censoring myself.
Quote by captaincrunk
well this entire post is flawed. it is censorship, but it's fine because its their own stuff. if I say fudge instead of **** I'm censoring myself.

a.k.a. Ultimate Guitar deciding what they want to post. It's not censorship because it's a private company.

Truly literal Constitutionalists will argue that while it's very discriminatory and just plain poor judgment, it still should not be illegal for a business to bar any kind of person from doing business with them. A business is a personal property, and people should have the right to expose that property only to those they deem fit.
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos
a.k.a. Ultimate Guitar deciding what they want to post. It's not censorship because it's a private company.

but it is censorship because that's what the goddamn word means

educate yourself and come back, noob

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos

Truly literal Constitutionalists will argue that while it's very discriminatory and just plain poor judgment, it still should not be illegal for a business to bar any kind of person from doing business with them. A business is a personal property, and people should have the right to expose that property only to those they deem fit.

the constitution doesn't say shit about youtube, and youtube isn't personal property, it's part of google which is a massively multinational corporation.
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos

There's the concept of self-censorship though, which was what crunk was referring to.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
There's the concept of self-censorship though, which was what crunk was referring to.

it isn't even self censorship in this case since youtube is silencing the voices of others trying to speak through youtube, rather than youtube censoring its own voice (voice being used metaphorically here). this is more like a teacher asking people to upload their papers online and then censoring them with consent (through the EULA and all that)
Quote by ErikLensherr
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/youtube-bloody-bullfight-video-ban-sparks-spanish-outrage-article-1.1296085

I think it's a good thing because if Spaniards are less distracted by sadistically murdering animals for sport maybe they can build a functioning economy. Your thoughts?

I came in here to post "if they worried less about youtube and more about their economy maybe they wouldn't be so fucked." I see my services are not needed.
Quote by ErikLensherr

> Implying those lazy dagos will get jobs

"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by ErikLensherr
Your thoughts?

I bet successful professional matadors swim to their jobs through a crowd of willing spanish women.
Quote by captaincrunk
but it is censorship because that's what the goddamn word means

educate yourself and come back, noob

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship

the constitution doesn't say shit about youtube, and youtube isn't personal property, it's part of google which is a massively multinational corporation.

Oh, literal definition of censorship. I'm so caught up in the modern use of the word, referring the censorship laws/bills/issues. Language can be a bitch.

Youtube isn't personal property but it is private property. Personal or private, it's semantics. My point is that Youtube (re: Google) is not run by any government entitiy. It's run by citizens. This makes it OK to let it do whatever it wants, until enough people disagree with it that it either changes or dies. Again, a citizen decision, not a government one.

Semantics is a real bitch when having a real conversation.
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos
Oh, literal definition of censorship. I'm so caught up in the modern use of the word, referring the censorship laws/bills/issues. Language can be a bitch.

the literal definition reflects the modern use of the word. use extends beyond what highschoolers scrawl on bathroom walls
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos

Youtube isn't personal property but it is private property. Personal or private, it's semantics. My point is that Youtube (re: Google) is not run by any government entitiy. It's run by citizens. This makes it OK to let it do whatever it wants, until enough people disagree with it that it either changes or dies. Again, a citizen decision, not a government one.

Replace the word youtube with government and see why you're silly
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos

Semantics is a real bitch when having a real conversation.

no, semantics is everything there is to a conversation, it's the entire point of even trying to communicate. to dismiss it out of hand as though it's getting in the way is like complaining that there's too much steak meat on your T-Bone
Quote by captaincrunk
the literal definition reflects the modern use of the word. use extends beyond what highschoolers scrawl on bathroom walls

That sounds nice and all but no it doesn't. Just look at how many definitions and contexts there are for, say, the F word. The word "censorship" brought up a different idea in my mind than yours. I felt like that difference was clarified and addressed. Moving on.

Replace the word youtube with government and see why you're silly

I fail to see the point here but it's irrelevant. I'm on hour 21 and beer 5 lol.

no, semantics is everything there is to a conversation, it's the entire point of even trying to communicate. to dismiss it out of hand as though it's getting in the way is like complaining that there's too much steak meat on your T-Bone

Two people thinking of a word differently is part of semantics. We both defined it just a tad differently, so I disagreed with you where I didn't really need to or mean to. This whole spiel is digressing rom the original point anyway.

Let Youtube do it, animal abuse is wrong, Youtube shouldn't be stopped under any legal grounds.
It's justified censorship.

Although their justification is quite shoddy and is a simple "it's our shit and we don't want your nasty shit in our shit".

It's still censorship, though.
As a dane living in Spain I have the chance to watch all this first hand without being pushed to either like or hate the tradition by any culture. And I've got to say that, yes they do still have bullfights, but very few of you who don't live here know how few provinces/states in Spain still allow them. 2000+ bullfights every year sound like a lot, but it used to be way more and now they are concentrated in just a few arenas in the most traditional parts of Spain. I think it's a horrible thing and if I was spanish I'd hope they could abolish them completely, but since I'm foreigner I don't really think it's my business. And one thing you have to keep in mind: these bulls have a veeeeery long and healthy life before the fight, where they are treated like prize animals, having the best doctors and best grassing. So, I'd still rather be a fighting bull than an ordinary farm bull locked inside and used only for procreation.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Hydra150
Steak is tasty.

Not steak from a bull killed in a bullfight. Research has proven how stress and exercise can have dramatic effects on meat quality, that's why bulls killed in a bullfight are very rarely eaten, because their meat doesn't taste very nice.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I hope they get rid of all those "sexy fart" videos next.

This is actually the thing which makes it bothersome for me.

If youtube wants something specific off their website, they do have the right to do that, however they should target everything that falls under that "specific" without any preferential treatment.

Which really isn't the case.
Quote by Tim the Rocker
As a dane living in Spain I have the chance to watch all this first hand without being pushed to either like or hate the tradition by any culture. And I've got to say that, yes they do still have bullfights, but very few of you who don't live here know how few provinces/states in Spain still allow them. 2000+ bullfights every year sound like a lot, but it used to be way more and now they are concentrated in just a few arenas in the most traditional parts of Spain. I think it's a horrible thing and if I was spanish I'd hope they could abolish them completely, but since I'm foreigner I don't really think it's my business. And one thing you have to keep in mind: these bulls have a veeeeery long and healthy life before the fight, where they are treated like prize animals, having the best doctors and best grassing. So, I'd still rather be a fighting bull than an ordinary farm bull locked inside and used only for procreation.

It's fucking barbaric regardless of how the bulls are treated beforehand. If it was their tradtion to sacrifice a young child to the sun every Summer Solstice, I would be against that too. You shouldn't let things like this continue even if it's not your "business".
As a spanish I must say I believe there's more people against bullfighting than in favor of it.
I'm totally against it and I can't figure out how can someone like that. I mean, it seems a barbaric habit typical of "uneducated" people, but I've seen people studying at university talking in favor of it.
We need less bullfighting and more gladiator battles.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by Tim the Rocker
snip

You do realize these animals are tortured, mutilated and disabled pre-fight, right? You know they partially blind them, right? You know they use caustic agents on their legs, right? You know they keep them in darkness so they are disoriented, right?

Even if they win, with the odds stacked against them immensely, they are guaranteed death.

That is why I personally keep my fingers crossed for the goring of every bullfighter I see, and on the rare occasion that they are, I hope for an agonising and protracted death.
Best use of "gory" I've seen today.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Not steak from a bull killed in a bullfight. Research has proven how stress and exercise can have dramatic effects on meat quality, that's why bulls killed in a bullfight are very rarely eaten, because their meat doesn't taste very nice.

I've always wondered how much of an impact stress has on the quality of American beef. Have you seen our slaughterhouses?
I remember there was a time where a bull in a bullfighting whatever jumped into the crowd and ****ed shit up.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Bulls used for bullfighting (what we know as "toro bravo") have a really tough meat and are only used for bullfighting.

That's why some defensors of bullfighting claim that this type of bull would be extinct if it weren't for bullfighting and say that's a way to preserve it. They try to make us see them like some kind of ecologists and that's half annoying and irritating...
Quote by ErikLensherr

I laughed...hard