Page 2 of 4
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Some hippies that were stoned all the time.
Wannabe punks who couldn't play their instruments.
Hair Metal fags.
Unwashed, suicidal nerds.
A Pop-Rock band who used to look like trannys.

... I hate you

Quote by robertsanidiot
Jesus died for their sins. It would be a waste if they just didn't sin it up. If you ask me, it's almost unchristian if you DON'T eat the kiddies.
Quote by StewieSwan
Hahaha you short fuck
Quote by due 07
LOL manlet
Quote by TunerAddict
in what alternate universe did this occur?
The one we live in.

They were massive. They defined an era. Stop trying to revise history.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
The one we live in.

They were massive. They defined an era. Stop trying to revise history.

They where popular but nowhere near the biggest band in the world. I mean greenday was more popular than them at least where I lived. Like half the school had greenday shirts and a small minority of emo fruitcakes had mcr ones.
You can't compare a band that was popular for 25 years to a band with a 5 year span of popularity.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
They where popular but nowhere near the biggest band in the world. I mean greenday was more popular than them at least where I lived. Like half the school had greenday shirts and a small minority of emo fruitcakes had mcr ones.

>school

That means absolutely nothing to me, kids have poor taste in music
That said I have every Green Day album but the newest two or 3.
They weren't even people who liked greendays older stuff. I'm talking about just jumping on the pop-punk bandwagon.
Quote by stratkat
>school

Not sure if anyone listened to mcr outside of their teens.
Even worse, I have a few of their albums that were printed in black and white.

When he used to play guitar solos before Nirvana and grunge trends made shredding 'uncool'
Last edited by stratkat at Mar 23, 2013,
Green Day was popular when I was five. They were popular when I was twelve. They were big when I was sixteen. They're big now that I'm twenty three.

MCR was popular when I was in high school.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by cornmancer
How was Uno Dos Tre?

No bueno
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I still don't see MCR as defining the era. I'm not even saying that because I dislike them, I just never really thought they where big enough for that.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
I still don't see MCR as defining the era. I'm not even saying that because I dislike them, I just never really thought they where big enough for that.
The were the face of "emo."

How is that not era defining?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
No bueno

Que triste.

I think MCR has a better claim to speaking for a generation than The Sex Pistols. Yeah they had a corner on the punk market, but they only made one album and after 1978 or 79, punk became pretty niche.
Last edited by cornmancer at Mar 23, 2013,
Quote by stratkat
>school

The only one I'm missing is Warning on CD. I have Kerplunk on vinyl and it's pretty awesome. It comes with the Sweet Kids EP
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Fall Out Boy was just as popular and quickly faded after breaking up.

I still listen to some of their songs, some of their cheesier (and usually popular) tracks make me cringe, but one's pete wrote about his anxiety in creative ways I like.
He was still a bit of a douche though, good writer when he wanted to be.
Quote by element4433
The were the face of "emo."

How is that not era defining?

You'd see like a small group of emo kids but that was it. It wasn't really so insanely mainstream that when you think of 00's the first thing you think of is emo kids.
Quote by cornmancer
Que triste.
Si, pero yo espero
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
The only one I'm missing is Warning on CD. I have Kerplunk on vinyl and it's pretty awesome. It comes with the Sweet Kids EP

I have them on CD, look out reprinted them, but I think green day sued them for the reprinting of the album and they had to stop it.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
You'd see like a small group of emo kids but that was it. It wasn't really so insanely mainstream that when you think of 00's the first thing you think of is emo kids.
Their videos were number one on TRL all the time. They got played on pop radio.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Their videos were number one on TRL all the time. They got played on pop radio.

It might just be me then. I just never really thought they where that big.
Quote by stratkat
I have them on CD, look out reprinted them, but I think green day sued them for the reprinting of the album and they had to stop it.

I think they sued Lookout for unpaid royalties, so Reprise now reprints Kerplunk and 1039 Smoothed Out/Slappy Hours.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
It might just be me then. I just never really thought they where that big.
It's just you. They have two platinum albums.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

What is everyone's issue with Nicki Minaj???
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
The Black Parade was a kickass album. Their other work had some pretty good stuff too. Most people who don't like them only don't because lol emo.
i thought they broke up like 5 years ago
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I'm gonna miss these guys. But everyone else I know overreacted to this. It's just a band not like your life is purposeless now. If they were that important, you still have their old music anyway. They'll probably go on a farewell tour later and you'll have a last chance to see them live.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
it's like I make threads knowing they're gonna be shit but I make them anyway

Quote by kertets
Wire his sack to the electrical socket the next time, little fucker will be shootin lightening bolts all over the house.
I heard about this last night. I'm really disappointed, especially considering how sudden it seemed. They were a perennial top 5 favorite band for me.

I think Mikey Way was involved in a "cheating scandal" about a month ago. I can't help but feel this is somehow related to that, and it's a damn shame if that's the case.
They were big yea, with a massive marketing campaign.

But the biggest band/artist in the world?

2006: Not in the top 10: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_in_music#Top_10_best-selling_albums_of_2006

or

2007: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_in_music#Best-selling_albums_globally

or

2008: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_in_music#Best-selling_albums_globally_.26_United_States

To me, the biggest bands in the world are the ones who sell the most albums.

Nirvana were the 2nd highest selling band with Nevermind in 91, Pearl Jam at 3 with Ten, Chillis were at 6 with BSSM.

Imagine how big they were, and then compare it to the Black Parade in 2006. Nowhere near as big. The Chillis had the biggest selling Rock album of 2006 with Stadium Arcadium.

In 2007 it was The Eagles and Linkin Park globally with Nickleback being the biggest rock band in the US.

in 2008 is was AC/DC, Metallica and Coldplay.

In fact, I don't see them topping any yearly charts in any list from 2006, the year they released the Black Parade. I think they were everywhere, but they weren't selling anything near The Chillis, Metallica, Link Park. But I agree, they were huuuuge amongst a certain demographic.

I'm struggling to find a top selling rock albums of those years, but still they aren't close to the bands I listed and those bands were the biggest.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Mar 23, 2013,
They were decent musicians that marketed themselves very effectively and tried to "stand for something."

Never a group that I connected with but many people did.

My girlfriend is very upset.