Page 3 of 4
The split has me going over their first two albums again, which I haven't done since 2005.

Dat middle school nostalgia. They're still really catchy and good pop-punk albums IMO.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I liked them, but their newer stuff kind of sucks.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Probably the last remnant of my childhood They're still one of my favorites. It's so sudden too, they were planning a tour and everything. It'd be nice if they would confirm it/deny it (if it were to be some kind of mistake) on their twitter pages.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I don't know what universe some of you are living in but ive never seen this band as being that big. Ive met like three people in my life that even listen to them
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Irondevil
I don't know what universe some of you are living in but ive never seen this band as being that big. Ive met like three people in my life that even listen to them

They were a step down in popularity from Linkin Park or Nickelback.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
They were a step down in popularity from Linkin Park or Nickelback.

I've met one person that listened to Nickelback and not a single that listens to Linkin Park

Maybe they were bigger in other places, but most of the people ive known in my life just havent been fans of those 3 bands
________________________________ ________________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
Quote by Irondevil
I've met one person that listened to Nickelback and not a single that listens to Linkin Park

Maybe they were bigger in other places, but most of the people ive known in my life just havent been fans of those 3 bands

I can't really use my own personal experience when it comes to who was most liked around my area. For half of my schooling I went to a special Christian school and have been homschooled since, so I've been out of the loop on what's popular in the Rock world.

TDG and Breaking Benjamin were big with everyone I knew, though.
They're part of what made up my middle-school musical taste and such, and though I'm not really into their music as before, it still saddens me a bit. ;o
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by Irondevil

You surround yourself with people that have horrible taste in music then. Linkin Park and Blink 182 were all the rage when I was a kid.
Last edited by VillainousLatin at Mar 23, 2013,
Quote by Mephaphil
Once the Beatles spoke for a generation.
Then the Sex Pistols spoke for a generation.
Then Guns and Roses spoke for a generation.
Then Nirvana spoke for a generation.
Then... My Chemical Romance spoke for a generation.

I'm a fan and I've read a fair amount about them and from what I've read about Guns, and from what people say, they were a refreshing antidote to the shitty hair bands that were dominating music at the time. Along came Axl and Slash, looking like they had just slept in a doorway, talking about inner city life and smack and people related to that.

So I say yea, people identified with them really well. Maybe you don't see it that way, but lots of people did.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Mar 23, 2013,
So long and goodnight. Even though I don't like their music.

Quote by Hereiwas
What is everyone's issue with Nicki Minaj???

She's unbearable
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by fail
She's unbearable

She's kinda passed me by, I don't have a clue who she is.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by fail

She's unbearable

+ 1029382

She just sounds like a parody of herself, and looks, well every time I see her I can't help but picture Mrs Potatoe Head

OT: Quite liked some of MCRs earlier stuff, and after their latest stuff which has seemed quite popular, don't know why they have split
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
I always liked them. Oh well. Rip MCR.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
lol @ the hate in here because they were popular.

They actually had some really good songs, catchy, decent lyrics, good guitarist.
The jealousy/butthurt in here is strong.

I really didnt like their stuff after the black parade, however.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Hereiwas
What is everyone's issue with Nicki Minaj???

Terrible lyrics
autotune
bitch
her second personality/normal personality bullshit annoys the **** out of me
full of herself

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Mephaphil
She's kinda passed me by, I don't have a clue who she is.

Just watch her video that was posted. You won't need to know more than that.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Yea, that was pretty terrible. Do record companies not check what they sign off on sometimes?

I don't quite know what to make of it.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil
Yea, that was pretty terrible. Do record companies not check what they sign off on sometimes?

Well they've made millions off of her bullshit so in that sense they have succeeded.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Well they've made millions off of her bullshit so in that sense they have succeeded.

Don't worry, they'll pay.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by JimmyBanks6

They actually had some really good songs, catchy, decent lyrics, good guitarist.

I really didnt like their stuff after the black parade, however.

So much truth in this post.

I didn't like The Black Parade that much but loved Danger Days. It was a catchy album and far more cheery. Even heard Na Na Na Na on Radio 1 last week.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Mephaphil

Both of her albums went Platinum.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
There are some interesting rumors going around. Might just be nonsense, but for what it's worth:

[spoiler="DENIAL! Hope.]
Quote by Someone on MCR's Fan Blog
1-I've heard on tumblr that they have had some troubles about the copyrights of their name: My Chemical Romance. I dont know the exact info but that's something.

2-I've heard Frank wasn't actually aware about what happened at all when they gave the news on their official page. Maybe they called him later so he won't say something that makes us think they didn't break up.

3- they probably said that because of their copyright problem. They had to "disappear" so fake a break up and then they'll come back with a different name OR the same MCR we all know and love but without any copyright problems.

4-They have made a whole new studio. They can't just drop that like garbage. They worked really hard for it.

5-Gerard talked with Matt Devine about MCR5, remember? They already have half of the album.

6-They haven't released their last work. They can't drop that too.

7-The tour page was acting screwy. Suspicious, huh?

8-There's this interview of at press with Gerard where he explains the rumors.

9-in the goodbye paragraph they talked of MCR as an adventure. ONE. One of many they might have. They will have. Think about this.

Number 4 and part of number 5 are pretty much confirmed points, and I think they're the strongest points as well. I feel like there might be more to this.

Some of the other points (if they're true) lead me to believe they could be "splitting up" to get out of a contract with their label or something like that. Didn't Blink-182 do something similar?
Quote by TunerAddict
Both of her albums went Platinum.

Good point, that means she writes good music then

Yours Sincerely
Quote by Nick92Slayer
Good point, that means she writes good music then

Didn't say that, just saying people like it enough to buy it, probably more so than MCR.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
The Black Parade was the album that put 'emo' into the mainstream, not that it was solely responsible for it I think it just came at that right time to get it to that point.

It's funny I remember the month it came out, my friends that were all listening to industrial and metal music enjoyed it then all jumped on the hate bandwagon when it started to get really popular, myself included if I was to be completely honest.
If i had to choose a fav song by them, it would be The Ghost of You, awesome music video as well.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by TunerAddict
Didn't say that, just saying people like it enough to buy it, probably more so than MCR.

No doubt and I personally just dislike her compared to other artists. And thought you were taking a stab

Yours Sincerely
And with this, it's definitely not a ploy to get out of a contract like mentioned

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/gerard_way_shares_thoughts_on_my_chemical_romance_break_up
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
This band had some good songs, and in my opinion they were getting progressively better with each album. I'm not really upset they are splitting, but I guess I'm glad I saw them back in 2011.
Quote by theogonia777
Man, generations need to start letting good bands speak for them.

Hear, hear!

@OP:

Quote by JimmyBanks6

If you say so...

I actually like several popular bands, MCR was NEVER one of them.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Mar 25, 2013,