Page 1 of 128
naedauuf
1,025 IQ

A thread for discussion of the game, story, gameplay, builds, tips & tricks and everything else Dark Souls

Don't forget to sticky this thread!

USER LIST

Xbox live tag: NJBour
SL 1-120

Xbox live tag: MageroSTC
SL 51-120
Dislikes: Being raped by quad spectral monarchs.

Steam name: MetacarpiUG
SL: 50 - 120
Likes: "rule of cool" armour, building Bleed damage like a boss
Dislikes: Gankers and Hackers

xcox gt: Necrosean
SL: 1 - 140
Likes: Sens Fortress speed runs, Anor Londo invasions and being invaded in the burg.
Dislikes: getting trapped in the tomb of the giants without warp.

Xbox GT: Brewmasterr
SL: 100 - 125
Dislikes: Gold Tracers, Dark bead

Steam: Shakin_Bacon (Dog--)
SL: 35-120
Dislikes: Dark Bead, fat rolling, 4 Kings.

Xbox360: Beyond the Mind
SL: 40, 115, 140

Steam: crypticus
SL: 0

Dislikes: Everything
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Jun 15, 2013,
Weaponized
Creaky
1,756 IQ
Love the game, thought the challenge was great and the style was amazing. I used a black knight sword for like 80% of the game, depending on the boss, I either had Havel's armor or nothing (and black knight armor for the final boss to look like a badass)

Thought the hardest boss was Sif. Especially since by the time I got him to low enough health to kill I didn't want to ;_;

Centipede Demon was easiest, beat it my first try by just wacking it's legs, summoning Solaire, and spamming estus.

A game with similar mechanics (really hard, how you use items) that people should check out if they really dug this is Monster Hunter. Tons of content and 4 player co-op.

I have reservations about Dark Souls 2, hope it turns out fine.
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33611170
If she is poor then she is a fucking idiot despite being an atheist.

last.fm
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
In.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
My first character I used the starting Wanderer armor throughout the entire game and ended it with two-handing the black knight halberd. BK weapons are incredible. The character is total garbage, such random stats and I (for some reason) put a whole bunch into resistance

Using the machete that Capra Demon uses right now on my current character. +15 at the moment total str build. Just walk in and destroy EVERYTHING

I'm really hopeful for DS2, but if I recall correctly there is a different director. It's a scary sequel.. It could turn out total garbage or blow us all away. It has a LOT to live up to, in my opinion.

And I've been looking at Monster Hunter, but I don't think they make one for PC
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Last edited by naedauuf at Mar 23, 2013,
Disturbed_EMG
UG's Howling Hawk
2,396 IQ
Quote by Weaponized
A game with similar mechanics (really hard, how you use items) that people should check out if they really dug this is Monster Hunter. Tons of content and 4 player co-op.

Second.
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
my first play through I didn't even know what was going on

I got to the capra demon without spending a soul because I didn't realise you could level up

ended up with a str/faith build that absolutely dominated

currently running a SL1 build and a DEX/INT build (1000+ damage per hit in PvP if I get my buffs down)
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
The first character I beat the game with was actually my third because I never knew what anything meant. Using humanity all the time, never upgrading anything, levelling up random stats

I have a dex build with pyro, but he kind of sucks. I might scrap him and just stick with my current str/end/vit build, and make a new faith build. I never made one before but I heard they're boss as ****.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
sunlight blade/darkmoon blade are both extremely powerful

my first char had 3x resistance

Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
894 IQ
My latest character (currently in NG++) started off as an INT build, but I found that it became massively less effective late into NG+, so I've also dropped some stats into STR and DEX. Currently running around with a Gravelord Sword +4 simply because of "rule of cool".

I started a new character the other day who's going to be a FTH build primarily, but I'm not more than 20 minutes in with that guy.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
naedauuf
1,025 IQ
I want to try NG+ and go as far as I can with my str build. I'm going to level him up as far as I can. I would try it with my Wanderer but I don't think he'll last too long. Such a haphazard build. He did great at the beginning though. Kill Asylum Demon in 2 hits, Taurus in like 4-5.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

zomgguitarz1234
Everything you love sucks
2,920 IQ
Hearing about how hard this game is makes me interested in checking it out. I'm just worried theres a shitton of grinding.
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
894 IQ
There's little reward for just grinding in Dark Souls
Quote by GLP_Arclite

naedauuf
1,025 IQ
There kind of is grinding if you can call it that. A lot of the bosses are optional, meaning to beat the game you dont have to beat them. Grinding in this game is beating those bosses for souls (exp/money) or items/weapons. It's fun grinding in DS because it isn't your average grinding.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
it's not grinding i don't think

it's just exploring/getting (monetary) gains for it
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
stuntman chris
42 IQ
I love this series. Unfortunately I haven't had the time or skills to beat it yet...someday. I found demon's souls got soooo much easier once I beat it once or twice but dark souls has some fights that got me. I am trying to beat it without reading any help or additional info online. Took me forever to try a lightning weapon on Ornstein and Smough...game is so tight tho
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
So, no bonfires in New Londo Ruins eh.
Pretty sure i'm right at the Four Kings boss door, but I don't think i'm prepared for it.

Edit: Well **** me. I walked off the stairs and died. Wtf is this.
Edit2: Well, **** these guys. First Dark Souls rage quit.
Last edited by institutions at Mar 23, 2013,
Tastytaco
67 IQ
Just got to Arno Londo. I am psyching out after every encounter.
metacarpi
Too old for this ****
894 IQ
Quote by institutions
Pretty sure i'm right at the Four Kings boss door, but I don't think i'm prepared for it.

2 things -

1) if you don't equip the abysswalker ring or whatever it's called from Sif, you insta-die.

2) keeping attacking the kings as they go through their dying animation - it still takes hp from the big bar, and that's the one that counts.

Also, if you're really struggling, Witch Beatrice's summon is nearby if you used her against Moonlight Butterfly
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
I rage quit this game like 5 times in a row after i couldn't even beat the first boss
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
I've been wanting to play this pretty badly again. I bought it when it first came out, played for a few hours, nearly had an aneurysm out of pure rage, and then returned it.
Sail upon the open skies
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
921 IQ
Quote by institutions

I quit for like two weeks right at the same spot as you
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
Quote by metacarpi
2 things -

1) if you don't equip the abysswalker ring or whatever it's called from Sif, you insta-die.

2) keeping attacking the kings as they go through their dying animation - it still takes hp from the big bar, and that's the one that counts.

Also, if you're really struggling, Witch Beatrice's summon is nearby if you used her against Moonlight Butterfly

Yeah I got that. I actually did better my first time fighting without Beatrice and with only 4 estus flasks than I did this last time with her and with 8.

I think it's just come down to me needing to grind shit to build up a faster weapon. I can't do this with my one-handed zweihander. I can't kill one before the next shows up and I end up getting swarmed by like 4 at a time.

Quote by captaincrunk
I quit for like two weeks right at the same spot as you

So hard
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
921 IQ
Quote by institutions
Yeah I got that. I actually did better my first time fighting without Beatrice and with only 4 estus flasks than I did this last time with her and with 8.

I think it's just come down to me needing to grind shit to build up a faster weapon. I can't do this with my one-handed zweihander. I can't kill one before the next shows up and I end up getting swarmed by like 4 at a time.

So hard

Try buffing your weapon with charcoal pine resin and two handing it. The Zwei is a good weapon but since the kings have infinite poise it's not a good choice since the Zwei sacrifices DPS for the chance to knock people around with it.
Chris3235
Its soo easssssay
508 IQ
Quote by institutions

So hard

Why don't you summon other people to help you? the summon signs are normally right at the start of new londo. I summoned one other person to help me and did it first time without knowing what was gonna happen

That was with full havel armour with a large club +15.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
921 IQ
Quote by Chris3235
Why don't you summon other people to help you? the summon signs are normally right at the start of new londo. I summoned one other person to help me and did it first time without knowing what was gonna happen

sometimes summons work against you on the four kings because the 4 kings gain hp for it
loose bowels
You left me...
187 IQ
Not played this in a couple of months (I was getting a bit obsessive and not really doing anything else). Last place I was at is the castle filled with snake men.
OUT OF ORDER
institutions
TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
95 IQ
Quote by Chris3235

I don't have XBL.
Scissortooth
114 IQ
I've been playing Dark Souls A LOT recently. Not really even touched tomb raider. I've made a female dex/int build and I have my first character who is about level 150. He's mainly a tank. The Black Knight greatsword can be brutal for PVP. If you two hand that and land a hit, you can stun lock almost anybody and follow up with a couple more hits

I've been trying to figure out more of the story. The chaos people are interesting to me. I got kirks armor near the spider lady who is quelaags sister? If you join the covenant you give her humanity. so does kirk always invade you because he is gathering humanity for her?
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty
119 IQ
H-h-h-hey guys? I like Dark Souls too!
please dont shun me

I just got to NG+ for the first time. I'm using a SL125 Dex/Faith hybrid with lots of endurance, mainly targeted at PvP. Which is incredibly fun, by the way. For me, it makes the PvE seem boring sometimes.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Smeghead64
I wanna be a boat
10 IQ
I just started the dlc. Gone for a full dex build with the lifehunt scythe and all the blood resist gear I could find. Im loving the scythe but its risky because I can be killed in one hit by some things.
OSCILLATE WILDLY!
Scissortooth
114 IQ
Quote by cho0onger
H-h-h-hey guys? I like Dark Souls too!
please dont shun me

I just got to NG+ for the first time. I'm using a SL125 Dex/Faith hybrid with lots of endurance, mainly targeted at PvP. Which is incredibly fun, by the way. For me, it makes the PvE seem boring sometimes.

Awesome. What miracles do you use? My tank build currently has 30 faith. I use sunlight blade, wrath of the gods and magic barrier at the moment. Might swap magic barrier for another wraith of the gods or a healing miracle. I'm starting to realize how annoying I must be in PVP
King Twili
UG's Constable
2,161 IQ
From what I've heard the game was only hard because of a punishing/terrible control set up.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty
119 IQ
I use the Great Scythe sometimes. With Halberd class weapons, you have to make sure your swings always connect with something, or they get that stagger animation which is measured in ice ages. It'll always leave you open to counterattacks.

EDIT: @ the lifehunt scythe guy

Quote by Scissortooth
Awesome. What miracles do you use? My tank build currently has 30 faith. I use sunlight blade, wrath of the gods and magic barrier at the moment. Might swap magic barrier for another wraith of the gods or a healing miracle. I'm starting to realize how annoying I must be in PVP

I use Sunlight Blade, Wrath, and Greater Lightning Spear. The Spears are really only good in PvE, but when you do hit a player with them it does do a shitton of damage even through guards. Healing miracles are pretty overrated, their animation is even longer than the humanity-pop animation. You'll get backstabbed 9/10 times. I'll probably also put another stack of wrath in there, but I didn't save Rhea on my first playthrough.

EDIT2: 30 faith here too

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Last edited by cho0onger at Mar 23, 2013,
Darron_dot
10 IQ
The pvp is one of my favorite things about this game. Probably one of my favorite gaming experiences.
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
Quote by King Twili
From what I've heard the game was only hard because of a punishing/terrible control set up.

hell no
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
921 IQ
Quote by Scissortooth
I've been playing Dark Souls A LOT recently. Not really even touched tomb raider. I've made a female dex/int build and I have my first character who is about level 150. He's mainly a tank. The Black Knight greatsword can be brutal for PVP. If you two hand that and land a hit, you can stun lock almost anybody and follow up with a couple more hits

I've been trying to figure out more of the story. The chaos people are interesting to me. I got kirks armor near the spider lady who is quelaags sister? If you join the covenant you give her humanity. so does kirk always invade you because he is gathering humanity for her?

yes, kirk used to be a darkwraith but then he joined the chaos covenant. he's the only npc in the game in the covenant other than perhaps quelaag herself but there's no dialogue to confirm that.

Quote by King Twili

your friends must be idiots then
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
so if kirk is in the chaos servant covenant when he invades you why is shown as "darkwraith kirk"? how is he invading without the red eye orb from being a dark wraith? (aside from cracked orbs I guess..)

that's confusing me
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.