Page 3 of 128
It's actually a good idea to test builds.

Even so, I couldn't picture myself doing it.. Haven't cheated in any game since my PS1 Gameshark
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

It also allows you to do some slightly more interesting things. I was dual wielding halberds yesterday. You can just do into a room and use the heavy attack and spin attack everything in the room. Tis proper cool.
I must admit I'm tempted to do it myself when I finally tire of my NG++ character.

I'm packing duplicates of most of the "Unique" weapons. Would love to plonk on a full Havels Set fully upgraded, and dual wield Dragon's Teeth, or Black Knight Greatswords etc.

ULTIMATE TANK!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
My last character looked badass. Mixture of the gold hemmed set and some heavy armour. You end up coming out like a more badass version of a Nazgul from LoTR.
Ever had a duel that involved you walking in on an invader fighting a human and they both stop fighting to look at you to see what you'll do?

That shit always makes me lol. Then I wave and just watch the show.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by JackalUK
My last character looked badass. Mixture of the gold hemmed set and some heavy armour. You end up coming out like a more badass version of a Nazgul from LoTR.

My armour's always a mix of "rule of cool" as opposed to what's actually best for me.

The last combo I vividly remember was Eastern Armour, Guardian Hands and Feet, Gold Hemmed Hood I believe. Then some other heavy helmet looking thing.

I just love how chunky the Guardian bits are - lovely!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Nelsean
Ever had a duel that involved you walking in on an invader fighting a human and they both stop fighting to look at you to see what you'll do?

Love it.

I also love invading, and coming across two people already engaged in combat. I like to sneak to a vantage point and launch a Crystal Soul Spear at one of them and watch them panic.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I've never really PvPed in it. And I've only been invaded maybe 3 times in the whole time I've been playing. Once on the xbox and twice on the PC. The one fight the guy was absolutely useless, but he won because I was concentrating too much on ending the fight quickly with a back stab. I was easily whittling him down and got silly then got caught. The other times I got slaughtered.
Quote by Nelsean

I've participated in 3 phantom - 1 host mini tourneys. Things like that make up for 3v1 tranquil walk of peace black knight greatsword lagstab gankfests. Sometimes the online community is great.

EDIT:
Quote by metacarpi
I also love invading, and coming across two people already engaged in combat. I like to sneak to a vantage point and launch a Crystal Soul Spear at one of them and watch them panic.

You monster.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Last edited by cho0onger at Mar 25, 2013,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtT2xYZbWBs

posting this for the glory of the thread
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Gold-Hemmed hood is easily one of the coolest headwear.

Quote by metacarpi
My armour's always a mix of "rule of cool" as opposed to what's actually best for me.

The last combo I vividly remember was Eastern Armour, Guardian Hands and Feet, Gold Hemmed Hood I believe. Then some other heavy helmet looking thing.

I just love how chunky the Guardian bits are - lovely!

Depends for me. With my heavy tank character I just go with what's strongest, but still allows me to medium roll (currently silver knight armor). With my Wanderer I just wear whatever is coolest but still allows me to fast roll. He's a fast ****er. I don't know how anyone can play with fat rolling.. I just can't do it. It's so slow!

@the PVP talk: I'm slowly getting better, but sometimes it's hard.. A guy had the sunlight spear and just poked me from far away until my endurance went down, then just kept poking me for minimal damage. I died by way of poking. Couldn't even do anything at all.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Last edited by naedauuf at Mar 25, 2013,
People who min/max with armor suck, they break my immersion so bad in PvP. You ever seen Smough's leggings without the torso? Dear god. That and mother mask wearers:

EDIT:
Quote by naedauuf
@the PVP talk: I'm slowly getting better, but sometimes it's hard.. A guy had the sunlight spear and just poked me from far away until my endurance went down, then just kept poking me for minimal damage. I died by way of poking. Couldn't even do anything at all.

All the spear miracles are super easy to dodge, doe. And, I'm gonna assume by your use of the word "poke" that this person had a rapier or spear and was shield turtling. You should try the heavy attacks of the Shotel (found in Sen's). Most shield turtles freak out and don't know how to react, and you win. The attacks go through shields, if that wasn't clear.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Last edited by cho0onger at Mar 25, 2013,
brb 60vit + mask of mother + elemental weapon

i call it

the wanker
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
As I mentioned earlier, it's worth taking a look at the top 'PvPers' on the PC. The top 8 or so are always hackers. When I looked last night I discovered they can also hack their appearence now. One was invisible apart from his head, so it was a floating knights helmet. One was a stupidly thin black man with neon blue hair. They can make some interesting stuff.
Interesting? Sounds ******ed to me.

I've never understood the appeal of hacking in PVP, ever. Where's the satisfaction in it? You haven't won through skill, you've won through breaking the game so you become Superman.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

It's the trolling mentality isn't it. What's the fun of hacking in any game? Most people do it just because it annoys other people. I once read a thread on a forum where a hacker went in-depth into why he hacks. For him it was getting an edge over the competition. He wanted to use it because he wanted to win. When he was asked why he doesn't drop the hacks and just play and get better his mentality was, why should I. I'm already winning. He trolled the **** outta everyone by just constantly repeating the same line. "I spent £10 and now I'm better than you, and you can't do anything about it"

It basically comes down to those who don't have the skill and don't want to lose, and those that do it just to piss people off.
I can understand wanting to break open a single player game and seeing what you can do with it, but in a competitive environment I really don't get it. The arguments all make a logical sense, but I just don't get that mindset.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I hate hackers. To me it ruins the experience of the game, not only for everyone else, but mainly for yourself.
My gear consist of chesters hat, artorias chest plate, gold hemmed robe bottoms, and a set of gloves. The weapon I use usually depends on the mood I'm in, but I usually use a maxed murakamo and an occult uchigatana, unless I'm feeling the claymores.
The one thing I used to hate was dark magic, that is until I learned that you can either roll it, or reflect it away with the silver pendant.
Just went through and killed Nito, Seath, Went to Ash Lake, killed the Hydras, joined the dragon covenant, then went o the painted world (first time in both Ash Lake and Painted World), and killed Priscilla. Next stop is the DLC (for the first time), then Bed of Chaos, then Gwyn, then I win.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
Just went through and killed Nito, Seath, Went to Ash Lake, killed the Hydras, joined the dragon covenant, then went o the painted world (first time in both Ash Lake and Painted World), and killed Priscilla. Next stop is the DLC (for the first time), then Bed of Chaos, then Gwyn, then I win.

I hope you explored Painted World, there's a lot there that's easily missed.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I think when I got back from the Painted World I had enough of those soul items for like 80k souls, or close to that.

I decided to leave the Four Kings alone for now, and yesterday went and killed w/e that on-fire Stray Demon-thing is and the Centipede guy.
That's what I was thinking. Every drop is pretty much like 3000 souls each. It's crazy.

I'm pretty sure I got everything. The only thing I know I didn't open was that door that leads to Priscilla, but I beat the dragon on the top part and dropped down from there.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by institutions
I think when I got back from the Painted World I had enough of those soul items for like 80k souls, or close to that.

I decided to leave the Four Kings alone for now, and yesterday went and killed w/e that on-fire Stray Demon-thing is and the Centipede guy.

You're really close to Bed of Chaos then, he's at the end of Lost Izalith.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by naedauuf
That's what I was thinking. Every drop is pretty much like 3000 souls each. It's crazy.

I'm pretty sure I got everything. The only thing I know I didn't open was that door that leads to Priscilla, but I beat the dragon on the top part and dropped down from there.

So you've been to the annex? Searched all the buildings? Been underground? Beaten Phalanx?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I stopped at the bonfire right after the Centipede, the one with Solaire, so idk what that is but it sounds pretty scary.

I also upgraded my zweihander to +15 and am considering getting and fully upgrading those dragon fist weapons you make from the iron golem core, for luls.
Quote by institutions
I stopped at the bonfire right after the Centipede, the one with Solaire, so idk what that is but it sounds pretty scary.

I also upgraded my zweihander to +15 and am considering getting and fully upgrading those dragon fist weapons you make from the iron golem core, for luls.

Do you want to save Solaire?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Save Solaire?
Well, i've heard he goes crazy or something later, but if there's a way to keep him from doing that then yes.
He's a bro and the way he rises from the ground is cute.
Is the Demon Great Machete considered a good strength weapon? I got a +15 one, and my **** does it ever do work. I got pinwheel in 2 hits with the thing. Bosses drop like flies to it. Most enemies are 1 or two hits.

Quote by metacarpi
So you've been to the annex? Searched all the buildings? Been underground? Beaten Phalanx?

Yup, yup, yup, and yuuuup. I'm very thorough

Quote by Darron_dot
Ahh my first time fighting Priscilla. Such fond painful memories...

Is it supposed to be hard?
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Last edited by naedauuf at Mar 25, 2013,
Quote by institutions
Save Solaire?
Well, i've heard he goes crazy or something later, but if there's a way to keep him from doing that then yes.
He's a bro and the way he rises from the ground is cute.

DO NOT EMTER LOST IZALITH FROM THAT BONFIRE.

You know the entrance to Firesage Demon? Facing that, go right and down there - there's a different route to Lost Izalith there.

Unfortunately, to open it you need to join the Chaos Servant covenant, which can be found by breaking through the illusiary wall just below where you rung the second bell of awakening. To open the shortcut to Lost Izalith, you need to feed the head of the Chaos Servant covenant 30 Humanity.

Once done, open the shortcut, and kill all the Maggots - the one with red eyes will drop a Sunlight Maggot. Go rest at a bonfire, quit, and reload.

Head back to the shortcut, and Solaire should be sat there, depressed. This means he'll be available to summon against Gwyn.

He might be there with a Sunlight Maggot himself, in which case something's not been done right throughout his storyline, and he'll be insane and attack you.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Oh ok. Good thing I stopped there then.

I think i'm already in that Covenant actually.
30 humanity? Is there a good place to farm for humanity?

I saw that little area before fighting the firesage guy.

I'll have to do this the next time I play
Quote by institutions
Oh ok. Good thing I stopped there then.

I think i'm already in that Covenant actually.
30 humanity? Is there a good place to farm for humanity?

I saw that little area before fighting the firesage guy.

I'll have to do this the next time I play

Covetous Gold Serpent ring, and farm those tentacle headed things at the bottom of the tower where Seath imprisons you after he kills you the first time.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I haven't got to that part yet. Should I have?
It's where the orange fog wall was in Anor Londo, shortly past the first bonfire, before I got the Lordvessel, right?
Quote by Nelsean
Prepare to cry is pretty damn awesome.

The story of Solaire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skV-q5KjrUA

that mother and child statue thing isn't actually solaire anyway, that statue is in like 12 other places. the ending where he thinks solaire links the flame doesn't work because you can just bail and not link it at all
Quote by metacarpi
I must admit I'm tempted to do it myself when I finally tire of my NG++ character.

I'm packing duplicates of most of the "Unique" weapons. Would love to plonk on a full Havels Set fully upgraded, and dual wield Dragon's Teeth, or Black Knight Greatswords etc.

ULTIMATE TANK!

havel's set is unupgradeable

Quote by naedauuf
Is the Demon Great Machete considered a good strength weapon? I got a +15 one, and my **** does it ever do work. I got pinwheel in 2 hits with the thing. Bosses drop like flies to it. Most enemies are 1 or two hits.

Yup, yup, yup, and yuuuup. I'm very thorough

Is it supposed to be hard?

DGM is a top tier weapon
I just used it because it looks cool, never even knew if it was good or not

I've got a fire man-serpent sword that I'm going to hopefully get to +15 eventually (need to farm green titanite). How does it compare?
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
I just used it because it looks cool, never even knew if it was good or not

I've got a fire man-serpent sword that I'm going to hopefully get to +15 eventually (need to farm green titanite). How does it compare?

normal MSGS is also top tier. also fire only goes to +10. a +15 normal man serpent greatsword is my main on my strength build
Ah. I was just experimenting because I just found the undead blacksmith for the first time and he allows a fire weapon. I started upgrading that as a fire weapon (will do to +10), also started upgrading that giant wooden club to +15. I want to see how that thing handles. I wish dragon scales and twinkling titanite were farmable. There are many other weapons I want to try.The Dragons Tooth for one. I've missed 3 of those bugs in this playthrough. 6 twinkling titanite gone
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
Ah. I was just experimenting because I just found the undead blacksmith for the first time and he allows a fire weapon. I started upgrading that as a fire weapon (will do to +10), also started upgrading that giant wooden club to +15. I want to see how that thing handles. I wish dragon scales and twinkling titanite were farmable. There are many other weapons I want to try.The Dragons Tooth for one. I've missed 3 of those bugs in this playthrough. 6 twinkling titanite gone

twinkling titanite is farmable. the clams by seath drop them (even after he's dead). In addition they can be bought for 4800 souls at the blacksmith in anor londo
I thought he only held a fixed amount?

I never knew this! Time to upgrade the shit out of the BK Halberd

I gotta get PVPing with the dragon thingy for Dragon Titanite, too.
Quote by MetalGS3SE