Page 5 of 128
Quote by institutions
So these things are a good place to farm then, I guess?
I'm only getting 0-3 every run, but am also getting around 11k souls.
Doesn't sound like much, but my level ups are only costing 40k right now because i'm level 82, so it's a decent bonus imo.

level 82? jesus christ that's really high for that area of the game. I don't think I was that high leveled when I beat the game!
first time I beat the game I was around SL50

I like farming humaniy there because you don't have to trapse all the way down into the tomb and kill all the mobs etc

the babbies are good though because they keep respawning

up to you
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
this place is working well enough for me atm.
only bad part is that i have to remove havel's ring to wear the gold serpent one, which puts me into a bad weight class.
i could always change armor but bah.

Quote by captaincrunk
level 82? jesus christ that's really high for that area of the game. I don't think I was that high leveled when I beat the game!

lol really?
i haven't farmed souls for levels at all or anything, and afaik, i still have quite a bit of the game left to experience.
i have been fighting literally every enemy though, and going after every boss, optional or not. just because i want to experience it all.

i would like to play a dex character next, but i kinda want to continue to NG+ with the character i have now.

is there a time when i should stop upgrading certain stats btw?
my VIT and STR and now both at 40, and my END is at 38 or something.
Generally speaking 40 is the cap for END. Everything else depends on your build
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Okay.
Is it worth it to start pumping a bunch of points into dex at this point in the game?
There are quite a few cool weapons that I need a certain amount of dex to weild effectively and scale from dex, so I was just wondering.

Sorry for asking so many questions lol
Depends on how you want to play - do you want to pvp eventually? if so it's best to min-max rather than partition across the board

since you already have 40 str you could now take a few paths

>faith
>int
>vit (tank)

where do you want to go?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
The whole "start new char for PVP" thing is part of the idea. You start a new character and have a week to make him as good as you can. Then he's put to the test

Quote by institutions
this place is working well enough for me atm.
only bad part is that i have to remove havel's ring to wear the gold serpent one, which puts me into a bad weight class.
i could always change armor but bah.

lol really?
i haven't farmed souls for levels at all or anything, and afaik, i still have quite a bit of the game left to experience.
i have been fighting literally every enemy though, and going after every boss, optional or not. just because i want to experience it all.

i would like to play a dex character next, but i kinda want to continue to NG+ with the character i have now.

is there a time when i should stop upgrading certain stats btw?
my VIT and STR and now both at 40, and my END is at 38 or something.

I beat the game at 75 with my Wanderer and am currently 80 with him. My str build is level 80 and I've got like 4 bosses left to kill. Haven't farmed once. IMO you people need to spend your souls when you have em!
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Mar 25, 2013,
i spend them on upgrading materials and green blossoms

i have an addiction
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by naedauuf
Ah. I was just experimenting because I just found the undead blacksmith for the first time and he allows a fire weapon. I started upgrading that as a fire weapon (will do to +10), also started upgrading that giant wooden club to +15. I want to see how that thing handles. I wish dragon scales and twinkling titanite were farmable. There are many other weapons I want to try.The Dragons Tooth for one. I've missed 3 of those bugs in this playthrough. 6 twinkling titanite gone

You can farm dragon scales from the blue drakes in drake valley (I think it's called that) Just keep in mind they are not exactly a common drop and it can take some time. You'll want full item discovery if you do it
Quote by N_J_B_B
Depends on how you want to play - do you want to pvp eventually? if so it's best to min-max rather than partition across the board

since you already have 40 str you could now take a few paths

>faith
>int
>vit (tank)

where do you want to go?

probably no pvp because i don't have XBL and don't plan to get it ever.
i'll probably just go tank on this character. it's how i've sort of been playing anyway (though with lots of rolling because i like rolling)

kinda want to make a fast, lightly-armored, dual fist weapon guy
Quote by institutions
probably no pvp because i don't have XBL and don't plan to get it ever.
i'll probably just go tank on this character. it's how i've sort of been playing anyway (though with lots of rolling because i like rolling)

kinda want to make a fast, lightly-armored, dual fist weapon guy

check out a youtube series titled the boxer, it's a dark souls playthrough using fist weapons
Quote by institutions
>the guy
natn pls

i don't have tomb of the giants yet and i don't have the dlc.

I didn't recognize you by your avatar. Why Inst. Why.

Taurus Demon plunging attack tower isn't the best hypothetical spot for the PvP thing y'all are talking about. Some people (myself included) don't want to beat him so they can get invaded in the Burg at some point. If you want somewhere secluded, I recommend the pit where you find the dragon scale near the bonfire in Lower Blighttown.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
I remember having a discussion with someone in the old GT about whether the dude in the bottom of the tower pre-Taurus Demon was actually Havel, and I just had a thought. You find all of Havel's gear in Anor Londo. He was of pretty distinguishing rank, so one would assume he would live in Anor Londo, thus leaving all his gear there. Another question: Why would he even be in the Undead Burg in that tower? What could he have possibly been doing there? You'd figure he'd be in Anor Londo or something, no?
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
I remember having a discussion with someone in the old GT about whether the dude in the bottom of the tower pre-Taurus Demon was actually Havel, and I just had a thought. You find all of Havel's gear in Anor Londo. He was of pretty distinguishing rank, so one would assume he would live in Anor Londo, thus leaving all his gear there. Another question: Why would he even be in the Undead Burg in that tower? What could he have possibly been doing there? You'd figure he'd be in Anor Londo or something, no?

read the description to the key that gets you into the room he is in. it says someone (it's havel) was locked in there by a dear friend (gwyn) for his own good
Well then my argument goes to shit

Why's his gear in AL, though?
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
Well then my argument goes to shit

Why's his gear in AL, though?

why is lautrec's gear in the room with ornstein and smough no matter where you kill him?

basically havel's set is a super powerful set and they can't really let you have it 7 minutes into the game
Quote by captaincrunk
read the description to the key that gets you into the room he is in. it says someone (it's havel) was locked in there by a dear friend (gwyn) for his own good

from the lore I assumed that it was one of havel's rag-tag followers
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
I heard a theory saying that Havel himself did not need "Havel's Ring" because, well, he's Havel. He's naturally strong enough for all his gear. However, his followers used these rings. It would explain why you find it on that guy in the tower, and not among Havels gear.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by naedauuf
I heard a theory saying that Havel himself did not need "Havel's Ring" because, well, he's Havel. He's naturally strong enough for all his gear. However, his followers used these rings. It would explain why you find it on that guy in the tower, and not among Havels gear.

you don't get ornstein's armor when you kill him. in fact, the majority of characters don't drop their armor when you kill them. petrus, rhea, patches, gwyn, orn and smough, lautrec, onionbro, oniondaughter, iron tarkus (you can summon him for the golem fight, he isn't, laurentius, the swamp witch protecting the bed of chaos, kirk knight of thorns, everyone
Quote by Havel's Greatshield description

Greatshield of the legendary Havel the Rock. Cut straight from a great slab of stone. This greatshield is imbued with the magic of Havel, provides strong defense, and is incredibly heavy. A true divine heirloom on par with the Dragon Tooth.

That and the ring's description contradict one another. But it does say there that the shield itself was something Havel owned. So that and the key make me think it's him in the bottom of that tower.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper
Last edited by cho0onger at Mar 26, 2013,
Quote by cho0onger
That and the ring's description contradict one another. But it does say there that the shield itself was something Havel owned. So that and the key make me think it's him in the bottom of that tower.

exactly, I don't think his knights ALL had a dragon's tooth and ALL had a massive shield cut from a gigantic slab of rock
I just realized my main is lvl 150. wtf was I trying to achieve. :/

I'm making a Dark Wraith char and stopping at lvl 50 for pvp.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
I just realized my main is lvl 150. wtf was I trying to achieve. :/

I'm making a Dark Wraith char and stopping at lvl 50 for pvp.

why not continue your main into NG++ and beyond, make it your PvE character? the game gets more and more challenging
Quote by captaincrunk
why not continue your main into NG++ and beyond, make it your PvE character? the game gets more and more challenging

I havent even finished the dlc. It kicks my ass royally. Plus he was my first and I think I f'd up his stats by giving him too much str. Plus he's a zweihander wielder and i'd rather try something less barbaric.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
I havent even finished the dlc. It kicks my ass royally. Plus he was my first and I think I f'd up his stats by giving him too much str. Plus he's a zweihander wielder and i'd rather try something less barbaric.

at high levels you'd have massive strength and other stats anyway
You could always bring him to level 200 and have him participate in the 101-200 bracket of Battle of Stoicism. You'd have to beat Artorias to get to that and I've never gotten a match in it though.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper
Quote by captaincrunk
exactly, I don't think his knights ALL had a dragon's tooth and ALL had a massive shield cut from a gigantic slab of rock

This doesn't work either though because you can have both Havel's gear in Anor Londo and "Havel" with his gear in the bottom of the tower at the same time. There's 2 sets of dragontooth/shield etc
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
As as extension of this and piecing together some other pieces I have read. It's very possible that the Havel you fight is an impostor. When you get to Anor and find his equipment you also get a cursed club. It could be that he fell from grace and was removed and one of his followers was put in his place. As for the duplicate sets, it's known that havels ring increases strength of users and that his followers had similar armour. And dragons have more than 1 tooth. It's very possible there are more 'havel' sets around.
Killed everyone/got everything except Gwyn, and I still need to go to the DLC then my NG STR build is done. 40str 40end 38vit at the moment. Trying to upgrade the dragons tooth.. It's +4 right now. I might join that dragon covenant to invade players who've got dragon scales. It's only level 4 and only about 150 dmg less than my giant +15 Machete. I like where it's headed

Anyone got a favorite Demon weapon? I got ****loads of demon titanite and want to try something fun.

I'm sad to know I finished all my contact with Siegmeyer. I helped him kill those things in Izalith, and he didn't kill himself or die so I imagine his hp was over 50%. I didn't even know about his daughter though
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Last edited by naedauuf at Mar 26, 2013,
Then I shall get the demon spear

I just went through the DLC.. **** is Manus an asshole. Took me 4 tries, Artorias 3. Really these bosses are more for dodging than anything. You can kill them with no damage if you read them right. They're quick, but if you dodge in the right direction you'll be golden.

BTW how do I get into that locked tower?
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Also Master Key, the only sensible starting gift.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper
I got the master key, the door still says "locked".
Quote by MetalGS3SE

I picked that tiny ring that gives a tiny boost to HP because i'm ******ed.
Luckily later on you can buy the master key, but at that point it's really not even useful, it seems. I haven't actually unlocked anything with it.
You can get that ring from Seigmeyer in Anor Londo, if you follow his storyline.

And yea, I don't find it too useful myself. Most of the time I explore ever place and buy every key item from merchants, so I usually have the key to the door when I open them anyways :/
Quote by MetalGS3SE

OH you mean the locked tower in the DLC. Yeah, you need the Crest Key, it's on a mimic towards the end of Oolacile Township. I thought we were still talking about Havel. Derp.

Quote by institutions
Is he the onion head guy?

The ring isn't even really worth it anyway at any point tho.

FTFY

Quote by CoreysMonster

Quote by OneHappyCamper