hey all.
I'm trying to record my guitar with the fx that waves audio GTR provide using Audacity but it only records the guitar clean sound with no fx. In short words I want to record the ouput sound and not the input . Is that possible?
Till now I've been recording with fx using Guitar Pro but the sound quality of the recorded is not good.
I'm using win7 and there's no "mix" option in the sound menu."show disabled" and "show disconnected devices" options are enabled.
the sound card I use is the scarlett 2i2
Does Audacity even support VST plugins? I'm sorry but I can't really help you until you get a real DAW. Krystal Audio Engine is free and will be good enough for what you're doing, then you just need to load up GTR as a VST.

Bonus Tip: Don't ask questions about things you've pirated here, people get crappy about it. And when you're using a Waves plugin with Audacity of all things it kinda gives it away.
Quote by chatterbox272
when you're using a Waves plugin with Audacity of all things it kinda gives it away.

This.

Get a real DAW, and don't pirate. I don't give a crap about the morals...the fact is there's freeware out there that does just as good a job as most of Waves' stuff. LePou plugins for example.
who said I'm pirating?
audacity is free , waves is a trial edition and Guitar Rig LE was included with a usb interface I got.