Ok, so first I'm wondering what kind of effects I would use to get that jangly reverb drenched pop sound like My Bloody Valentine (sunny sundae smile EP in particular) and Jesus and Mary Chain (psychocandy comes to mind). Is it mostly EQ manipulation? Because that's really the only thing that I can think of that will add to that. What kind of reverb is used in that type of music? Is it spring?

And second - I've had my mind set on getting a drum machine recently, but I don't really know what I should get. I'm deciding between the Zoom RT223, Boss DR770, and Alesis SR18. I don't really know much about any of them, besides the fact that the Zoom is the least expensive and uses sampled drum tracks (from what I've read). I don't really want to go the whole software kit route because I'm on Linux and don't really want to bother with configuring it, nor do I want to be glued to a computer.

Thanks
Free bump day.

I don't know anything about the tone of those bands but I can recommend the Hardwire RV7 reverb pedal. It has plate, hall, spring and several others that are all usable.

My advice on the drum machine is to ask in our new Drum subforum.
I have a digitech digiverb, which is a lower end model of the RV7. I also have a Quadraverb which I use for reverse reverbs. I did some research online and found that a lot of the sound comes from EQ. What are some decent pedals? I was looking at a boss ge7, but I hear that they're noisy.

I'll go to the drum forum for the machine I guess.
Most EQ pedals you find out there are pretty decent actually.

Hell, I use a cheap Danelectro 6 band EQ. It was $35 I think. Most people will recommend the MXR 10 band EQ. It is virtually noiseless and has great flexibility. I think it is around $115 new. The Boss pedal does get a fair amount of love too. I've never used one but they are around $70 and I think the only down side to it is that it does not have a volume slider like the Dano and MXR have. I think that is a key feature myself. EQ pedals are a glorious thing though and can fit into just about any rig so I highly recommend them. Still not sure how it fits in with this specific 'tone' you are looking for. Can you hook us up with a youtube clip or something?
The Boss EQ does have a volume slider, the only downside is that it isn't noiseless.

MXR 6 Band EQ is the one without the volume slider.