Is anyone had experience with a Fender Mustang, and the sound breaking down about 10 minutes after the Amp is turned on?

sound byte here

Fender Mustang 1 (about 18 months old)

http://snd.sc/Yw8LSe

The first part, is just after I turned the Amp on. The second part is ten minutes later, same preset same Guitar, pickup & settings.

Are these things throw aways after a couple of years?
Last edited by wiggedy at Mar 23, 2013,
To be honest man it does not sound like there is anything wrong with the amp. It soudns as though some flanger has been added to the tone, nothing less, nothing more.
Quote by Moose_Guitarist
To be honest man it does not sound like there is anything wrong with the amp. It soudns as though some flanger has been added to the tone, nothing less, nothing more.

Yeah, if I wanted to add Flanger....

It's the same preset..... I added nothing.... it can't be turned off...

Definately something wrong with it!
Most amps like that aren't even worth taking to a tech to have it looked at. I agree with Moose_Guitarist in that it seems like a flanging sound has been added to it. If you are 100% set on it being something wrong, then check if it has a factory warranty or pro coverage from wherever you bought it and get a replacement.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
Most amps like that aren't even worth taking to a tech to have it looked at. I agree with Moose_Guitarist in that it seems like a flanging sound has been added to it. If you are 100% set on it being something wrong, then check if it has a factory warranty or pro coverage from wherever you bought it and get a replacement.

I would know, if I add Flanger.... It happens on every pre-set.

Since about a week ago, it happens every time I use the Amp after about 10 minutes it makes a slight popping sound and then.... this horrble sound.

I agree, it probably isn't worth trying to fix probably a throw away. Anyway I am going to try Fender, they should last longer than 2yrs.
Quote by wiggedy
I would know, if I add Flanger.... It happens on every pre-set.

Since about a week ago, it happens every time I use the Amp after about 10 minutes it makes a slight popping sound and then.... this horrble sound.

I agree, it probably isn't worth trying to fix probably a throw away. Anyway I am going to try Fender, they should last longer than 2yrs.

It has a 5 year transferable warranty so just call or e-mail Fender and talk to them about it. You can also try updating the firmware in it (if you haven't already) it could fix the problem if it's just a bug and not a faulty part.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
It has a 5 year transferable warranty so just call or e-mail Fender and talk to them about it. You can also try updating the firmware in it (if you haven't already) it could fix the problem if it's just a bug and not a faulty part.

5yrs Cool, I have the reciept just couldn't find the waranty card anywhere.

Yeah, tried a forced firmware update ... no good.

Thanks