Page 1 of 3
I'm still torn up from last night. That's what she said.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I seen the other seasons but not the new one. I'll probably wait until it's finished airing that way I don't have to wait a week to see a new episode.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'm still torn up from last night. That's what *Caesar* said.

Fixed.

As I mentioned in the other Spartacus thread, last night's episode was fantastic.

Crixus died a gladiator's death with his beheading, which is probably what he wanted all along. I just wish Tiberius hadn't been the one to strike him down, that kid is becoming this show's Joffrey. Can't wait for him to get what he deserves. The camerawork and writing was spectacular last night, Crixus in particular had some fantastic speeches.

Also, this scene made me so sad. Apparently there are season clips that prove Agron isn't dead, but still.
http://www.afterelton.com/2013/03/spartacus-preview-agron-and-nasir-say-goodbye
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Mar 23, 2013,
Quote by iro-bot31
Fixed.

As I mentioned in the other Spartacus thread, last night's episode was fantastic.

Crixus died a gladiator's death with his beheading, which is probably what he wanted all along. I just wish Tiberius hadn't been the one to strike him down, that kid is becoming this show's Joffrey. Can't wait for him to get what he deserves. The camerawork and writing was spectacular last night, Crixus in particular had some fantastic speeches.

Also, this scene made me so sad. Apparently there are season clips that prove Agron isn't dead, but still.
http://www.afterelton.com/2013/03/spartacus-preview-agron-and-nasir-say-goodbye

oh yeah man, That speech from Agron had me almost tearing up.
Caesar's face when Crassus asked why he wasn't sitting on a horse was priceless.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
also wtf is up with Tiberious killing everybody and trying to be this badass?

Hmm.....well he certainly is trying, and it's not an easy thing to ****ING KILL CRIXUS LIKE ****.

I kind of like him as a char though. He seemed to me to be a whiny bitch initially, but considering that episode where he killed one of Spartacus' men and didn't want to retreat, and him just trying to **** everything, he may be not as a whiny bitch as I thought.

That Ceasar scene though..........ehmm....lol?

It seems obvious there will be a Caesar vs Tiberius battle at some point. Maybe it will happen in the middle of the final battle with Spartacus (while everybody is too busy to notice them fighting), with Caesar obviously winning and gaining more respect from Crassus.

Or maybe Kore will kill Tiberious and both will die in the middle of battle too or something.

Damn. When I initially read the title of this episode, I thought "Okay, so Crixus and Spartacus will part ways this episode. This means that Crixus will die in the finale right? He'll spent the next episode marching towards Rome and maybe die there, and then comes the finale with Spartacus defeat"

WHY DID YOU TRICK ME INTO THINKING CRIXUS WOULD BE ALIVE ONE MORE EPISODE STARZ?
YOU CAN'T DO THAT

Please let Agron be alive
Or at least survive until the next episode or the finale.

Also I bet Naevia will survive and they will use her to send Crixus' head to Spartacus (that does sound ****ed up though)

Also all those speeches. All those damn speeches man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXS3Zq6TmQ0

WAIT

AGRON MIGHT STILL LIVE!!!

ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS KILL TIBERIUS AND CAESAR WILL HAND AGRON TO THEM!

I mean, it CLEARLY showed them crucifying Agron....but maybe they take him down? Pretty pleas?

He's alive though......THANK GOD.
If not it was just too much, with him dying just like that ;_;
Caesar is acting really butthurt. tehehe
Quote by jakesmellspoo

Anyways, I've seen lots of people complain about Crixus dying at Tiberius hand's
You know, with Tiberious being a coward bitch and all that.

However I have to think....how else would Crixus die then?
Nobody except Spartacus and Gannicus can best him on a 1v1, specially not Crassus or Caesar or any normal soldier.

That battle with Caesar showed it, in only 20 seconds Crixus defeated Caesar and almost killed him.
It would have been an outrage somebody else defeating the "Undefeated Gaul" in battle like that, unless we have witnessed some "legendary soldier" abilities from Caesar/Crassus or something all along (which we haven't. They aren't gladiators but generals).

If Crixus had to die it had to be from a cheap shot like this.
The only other way was him being ALONE against like 100 soldiers....but even then I wouldn't believe it if he died (he could easily kill thousands of soldiers if he wanted to).

If he was on a 1v2 with Caesar and Crassus it may have been, but I think he could have bested them there anyways.

This might be a good way to make everybody hate Tiberious more, and give us a believable death for Crixus...

...although yeah it doesn't really sound good, "Crixus, death by whiny boy" :/

But again....how else could have he died? Defending Naevia perhaps? Like taking a sword blow instead of her or something?
Everybody hates Naevia as well (ever since she killed that blacksmith) so people would still be outraged....

I don't get the Naevia hate, personally. She killed one innocent man, sure but Crixus also assented to killing all those Roman hostages and no one seems to give him shit for it. Maybe it's because she's a woman.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't get the Naevia hate, personally. She killed one innocent man, sure but Crixus also assented to killing all those Roman hostages and no one seems to give him shit for it. Maybe it's because she's a woman.

Yeah but you know, it's like "That Crixus, opposing Spartacus again like always", but Naevia just looked like a crazy bitch. Plus, she killed a friend of Gannicus which is at the same level of popularity than Spartacus ( I actually like him more, at least more than the new Spartacus, Andy Whitfield was so damn better).
I'm not a huge Naevia fan, but I don't get the hate either. I can only imagine people were upset by the casting change, but to be honest I don't think that season 1 Naevia would have been believable as a fighter. This new actress pulls off the feral warrior woman act great.

How do you guys want the show to end? Spartacus' body was never found according to historians, so I guess they could end with him escaping and being assumed dead.

EDIT: I actually think Liam is just as good as Andy, I have no problem with that change. I'll always miss Andy in the role but I think Liam is fantastic.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Mar 23, 2013,
Quote by iro-bot31
I'm not a huge Naevia fan, but I don't get the hate either. I can only imagine people were upset by the casting change, but to be honest I don't think that season 1 Naevia would have been believable as a fighter. This new actress pulls off the feral warrior woman act great.

How do you guys want the show to end? Spartacus' body was never found according to historians, so I guess they could end with him escaping and being assumed dead.

But that would look so... cowardly, I don't know man, I don't want him to die.

Edit: I don't know, he sometimes seems forced, and I have also noticed sometimes when he tries to be serious he kinda has a very subtle smirk in his face that makes me a but mad. I mean he has been pretty good, but I don't feel as if he's as convincing as Andy when it comes to seriousness and sadness, it has something to do with his face.
Last edited by VillainousLatin at Mar 23, 2013,
In the end I think Spartacus and his crew have to win in some small/symbolic way, even if they lose the actual battle and all die. The writers aren't going to give the Romans a total victory and leave it super depressing. But what that small victory will be, I haven't a clue.

As for the actor, Andy was more charismatic than Liam and had more pathos I think. He was more believable as a profoundly sad guy who'd lost everything. But I give Liam credit for coming into an impossible position, replacing a guy everyone loved who died of cancer, and doing a very decent job of it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Mar 23, 2013,
There's one thing I don't get:

Tiberius wanted Crassus to go to Spartacus, Caesar wanted him to defend Rome.
This was basically the whole point of the rape scene, Caesar blackmailed Tiberius into convincing his father to go to Spartacus, and to not take orders from Caesar he....well.....stuck it in his pooper.

This would have meant Tiberius wouldn't be following the "command" from Caesar, which was to convince Crassus to defend Rome and would instead pursue Spartacus...

...so why the hell where they going to defend Rome then? Tiberius just said "Oh **** it let's defend Rome"?
Or Crasuss had the final say in defending Rome?

That didn't make much sense, I had hoped they'd shows more details about why that happened
Anyways, my predictions based on the preview and trailer:

-Crassus lets Naevia leave to give message to Spartacus
-She arrives, they fire a bonfire in honor of Crixus and fallen, and make that speech
-Crassus takes the 500 men from Spartacus and starts crucifying them, Agron being amonst them
-Tiberius keeps taunting Caesar. Maybe more rapey time.
-Caesar willingly goes into Spartacus' camp, and gives them that deal of 500 men for Tiberius. He makes it seem (to Romans) that he was captured by the others.
-Spartacus and men (Gannicus+Lugo and shit) go and kidnap Tiberius and his men (his 2 bodyguards). Dunno where
-They go into the Arena and first kill his 2 bodyguards, as shown in the promo
-Tiebrius goes to fight, gets beaten up as hell by gladiators
-Caesar shows himself from a tent or something, and he kills Tiberius
-Caesar honors his arrangement, and tells Spartacus where his men are crucified so they can take them quietly in the night, as long as they go back to their place
-Caesar and Spartacus give each other a bro handshake and honor their deal
-Caesar then gives Crassus inside info about Spartacus and stuff, and tells him Tiberius died and shit

I doubt it'll be any different from that.
Well I have to check it now.

edit: Goddamnit man
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
Well I have to check it now.

edit: Goddamnit man

Actually they spoil 2 of them....but one is already kind of spoiled via the promo
Agron of course. But apparently he gets un-crucified

These guys that create the titles for the tracks suck with spoilers lol
If you really look into the trailer, it spoils a lot of things actually.

It spoils who is alive in the "ending battle" for instance. You can see Naevia, Agron, Nasir, Castus, Gannicus, etc in there.
It also spoils the "romance" that happened this episode with Laeta

Damn these people are bad with spoilers >_>
Quote by gonzaw
There's one thing I don't get:

Tiberius wanted Crassus to go to Spartacus, Caesar wanted him to defend Rome.
This was basically the whole point of the rape scene, Caesar blackmailed Tiberius into convincing his father to go to Spartacus, and to not take orders from Caesar he....well.....stuck it in his pooper.

This would have meant Tiberius wouldn't be following the "command" from Caesar, which was to convince Crassus to defend Rome and would instead pursue Spartacus...

...so why the hell where they going to defend Rome then? Tiberius just said "Oh **** it let's defend Rome"?
Or Crasuss had the final say in defending Rome?

That didn't make much sense, I had hoped they'd shows more details about why that happened

Doesn't care, raped Caesar.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
In terms of Andy vs Liam, I don't think there is anything in it. I want to say I prefer Andy but that is only because Andy was the first. If Liam had been Spartacus the entire time then no one would be complaining.

I don't know what happens to which characters historically, and I don't know fully which characters are fictional, but I would like to think Gannicus will escape with Sibyl.

And yeah I think it's a given that Tiberius will die. We know from history that Caeser and Crassus don't die yet, and Tiberius has been built up to become the main villain over the series.

In terms of who will kill him.... I would say either Naevia as revenge for Crixus, or Kore as revenge for... rape, or Caeser as revenge for... well... more rape.

EDIT: And my answer to Tiberius changing his mind about going back to Rome was that after ravaging Caeser's poop chute he had no problem with agreeing with him. He humiliated Caeser and then took the man's advice.
Last edited by Random3 at Mar 24, 2013,
Oh my God, that was the best episode since "Kill Them All" to me. The gladiator fight scenes were among the best the show has done (Gannicus tossing the head into the crowd was genius) and the end was so damn moving. "For Varro" had me tearing up, then rememberance of Sura and Barca and Oenameaus and Duro and all of the fallen, culminating in the entire crowd chanting Crixus' name...powerful stuff.

I also really liked Naevia this episode (I'm usually pretty indifferent to her).
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Apr 6, 2013,
I had a big grin on my face for that entire sequence, especially when Gannicus fought. Really took you back to the first season.

And Mr. I Rape Anybody Who's Mean to Me died, yay.

Can't believe the last episode's upon us already.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
This was a good episode.

I thought Gaius would return the favour to Tiberius in their long road with perils, before killing him right before going with Crassus, but oh well.

I was hoping Spartacus would yell "THIS IS SPARTA.....CUS!" and kick someone off the edge of the cliff
I also don't really get how Kore hates Tiberius so much....even more than Caesar and Naevia
I mean...at least she raised him and "loved" him until a few episodes ago, I'd think she'd be more reserved in the whole "I want you to die" issue, at least compared to Navia who ONLY knew him as "the guy that killed my soulmate", and Gaius as "the whiny brat that comes out of nowhere and gives me forced sexy time".
Quote by gonzaw
This episode also reminded me I have no idea what the names of most gladiators are.
I had to wiki "Duro" to remember it was Agron's brother >_>

I didn't remember who Sura was. Then it's like, oh yeah his dead wife who started this whole thing. She had nice tits.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Page 1 of 3