ok, so im having an issue with reaper.
basically, i have windows 7 64 bit. but whenever i load a vst that is 64 bit, it bridges it to 32 bit. is there a way i can get around this?

also, whenever i go to play/record something now, everything goes all glitchy, almost like the latency is way too low. however, i have my latencies set to 512, which should be PLENTY for my pc...

my pc's set up is:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
RAM
6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6670 (Dell)
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio (but i use ASIO4ALL)

with these specs, this shouldnt happen..,.
it's very apparent when i load up the same set up on my dad's laptop, running Windows 7 64-bit (which only has a 4-core 2.3 ghz processor and 4 gb of ram), and it runs perfectly fine without any of these issues.

the performance meter shows only a total of 25% of my cpu being used while armed for recording. so...what's the deal here?

...any ideas as to what the problem is?
it hasn't always done this. it just started happening last summer, and i just cant stand it anymore.

is there a setting somewhere i can change?
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
What's your ASIO4ALL panel look like other than latency? For some reason my interface goes glitchy if I don't tick the 44.1khz > 48khz option, as it's a universal driver you will need to tweak until it suits your hardware.

You've got 64-bit windows but are you using the 32-bit version of Reaper?
nope, it's the 64 bit reaper...but whenever i load a vst it loads bridged in 32, even though the vst itself is designed for 64 bit operating systems.
i'll try your other suggestion now.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
that didnt seem to have an effect...i'll mess around a little more with asio4all though.
any other suggestions?

Quote by FireFromTheVoid

Twatter