What's up guys?

Got a '73 super reverb and for some reason it's tone almost resembles as if I were playing on one side of a wall and it was on the other. The highs seem almost dulled over like its sound could be brought some much more to the forefront. Could this be a tube problem? It came home from the store not too long ago and I'd imagine they serviced it.

Any experiences with this type of problem?? Help would be appreciated cause I know it has way more potential than this. Thanks
cheers betch
Quote by j.pagejr.
What's up guys?

Got a '73 super reverb and for some reason it's tone almost resembles as if I were playing on one side of a wall and it was on the other. The highs seem almost dulled over like its sound could be brought some much more to the forefront. Could this be a tube problem?

it could be an 'anything' problem. your description is pretty vague, it could be you just don't like the sound of the amp or it could be that the amp needs some repairs.

some clips would help us diagnose the problem if there is one.

Quote by j.pagejr.
It came home from the store not too long ago and I'd imagine they serviced it.

why was it in the shop?

usually they list what work they do to an amp on the receipt when you get the amp out the shop. if you call them up they might be able to tell you what they did.

they could have never turned the amp on depending on why it was in the shop in the first place.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
How old are the tubes?
Have the caps been replaced?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sorry i'm from MA. It came from the shop as in I bought it. It's a bit hard to explain but when I first played it in the store, I fell in love cause it sounded great. Turn er up to 5 or 6 and it really sounds as if I'm playing it from a different room. It's not a muddy sound but more if a lack of presence and brightness. The brightness switch does work but its not enough. Thanks for the replies
cheers betch