Page 1 of 2
Are you the laughing stock of the whole town, in the best way possible?
How did evolve into the comedic genius you are today?
Was it merely a survival instinct, to compensate for your terrifying appearance?

Pit dwellers, if you consider yourself to be funny, how did you become funny?
By watching lots and lots of Mighty Boosh

edit: actually the truth is I'm quite hit and miss with my hilariousness. I say basically every mildly funny thing that comes into my head and every now and then one of them is genius.
Last edited by captainsnazz at Mar 24, 2013,
Watch Everybody Loves Raymond.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr

________ A
________C
________E
________!
I'm hilarious, everything that comes out of my mouth is genius, so genius that not even I was expecting it to be that funny, so ya I am.
I showed them my dick.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
it's like I make threads knowing they're gonna be shit but I make them anyway

Quote by kertets
Wire his sack to the electrical socket the next time, little fucker will be shootin lightening bolts all over the house.
I don't consider myself funny. I consider myself a knob. Stupid annoying knob you.

Fine, if we're going to be serious about it, I wouldn't say I became funny. I just say the things I say mostly because I find it entertaining to me and speaks for the humorous side of my personality. I mean, I make serious thought out comments too, but more often they're humorous. If people find it funny, that's great. If people don't / find me annoying, that's okay too. Though no one has claimed I'm annoying yet, so I guess I'm doing okay. If they told me though, I wouldn't be bothered by it.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 24, 2013,
Quote by captainsnazz
By watching lots and lots of Mighty Boosh

edit: actually the truth is I'm quite hit and miss with my hilariousness. I say basically every mildly funny thing that comes into my head and every now and then one of them is genius.

That's what I do! I just talk and joke about everything and sooner or later people find the things I say funny. So yeah :P
Playing guitar since 2010

Quote by theogonia777
well said

that galalayo nigga would have been all like

bitch ain't no way they'll ever have telescopes that can see pluto

but we have telescopes that can see pluto so fuck that guy
first step is to say nothing and get an idea of whats funny

then you just dont stop saying shit

rinse and repaet
farts poop
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Just pay one or two people to pretend you're funny, then other people will see and feel pressured to also find you funny.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Watch other people being funny. Not your friends, professionals. Good comedy has more to do with timing and delivery than most people seem to think. Watch enough stand up and you'll start to get a feel for it. And if you really want to be dedicated, look for comedians that suit your style. If you're a low key person, watch Mitch Hedberg. High energy, cocaine-era Robin Williams. That sort of thing.
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by COBHC145
Watch other people being funny. Not your friends, professionals. Good comedy has more to do with timing and delivery than most people seem to think. Watch enough stand up and you'll start to get a feel for it. And if you really want to be dedicated, look for comedians that suit your style. If you're a low key person, watch Mitch Hedberg. High energy, cocaine-era Robin Williams. That sort of thing.

Yup this.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I spent most of my life not being funny at all. I told more "one man jokes" than I care to admit. I'm considered a funny guy at whatever job I work at, but not so much in school or home. My sense of humor is dry to say the least, so it requires the ear of someone who's not easily offended, which is anyone that works in a restaurant as I do.
If there is any advice to a sense of humor, I think it would be don't be too serious. Lighten up. Don't take life too seriously, don't take yourself too seriously, just stop being so uptight and serious. If you can make fun of yourself, you are on the right track.

Anyways, it looks like you are already being too serious. I mean, you are overanalyzing it a lot if you ask me. Just start out doing or saying things that you personally find funny or amusing. Sometimes others will share in the laughter, and other times you're laughing alone. Either way someone is laughing ..and eventually you'll get the hang of it or find a crowd that shares your sense of humor.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Good Ol' Ramos
My sense of humor is dry to say the least, so it requires the ear of someone who's not easily offended, which is anyone that works in a restaurant as I do.
This is another way of saying "I'm not funny."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i'm not that funny but i use what i call the mitch hedberg theory. the more jokes you tell the more chances that one of them will be funny.

however mitch was really good at recovering from a bad joke. i am not.
I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given.
Standup comedy and just being quick/witty/funny in real life are two completely different things.

I feel like alot of people could train to become good stand up comics.. just being naturally quick thinking and funny is another thing entirely. Some people just aren't funny.. it's a characteristic not a skill, imo. Hence why people describe someone as " he has a good sense of humor". Its not something you can train or develop. If you honestly don't have a good sense of humor.. don't dwell on it. I'm sure you've got things you're good at too.
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Mar 24, 2013,
Quote by element4433

I don't think you should ever have to make fun of other people, to be funny. At work or not. Most the time I can make people laugh making fun of myself, or dumb things i've done. If you have to pick on people to make others laugh, you're not creating the joke.. you're just making fun of someone and everyone else is laughing at that person.
Quote by element4433

Sure, why not.

"I'm not funny" is too absolute, though. It forces the listener of that statement to assume I'm never funny anywhere, ever. We all have our places and people we're funniest with. My friends don't think of me as the comedian of the group, but at my job, I am. With my sister, I am. With certain people in my educational career, I'm the funniest guy they've ever met.

Back when I was in the military, nobody thought I was funny.
man its not like you are doing a stand up routine chill out and stop trying to over-analyze stuff. nobody likes a dude trying too hard to get a laugh. just chill out and be yourself. if you are quick witted its chill, you just need to find your demographic and the people who appreciate you. you arent like a snowflake mate.
It's just a personality trait. There is no way to "be funnier", you're either funny or you are not.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I was bullied as a child and I developed a stinging wit as a defense mechanism. Then I got three concussions and now it's pretty much all gone. After the third one, I've even started stuttering on occasion. That kills a lot punchlines.
Quote by element4433

Idk someone told me they thought I was funny because of how dry my humor is.
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Idk someone told me they thought I was funny because of how dry my humor is.

It's all subjective.
Quote by ErikLensherr

Do the opposite, BOOM. Comic gold!
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

being funny has less to do with what you say and more to do with how you execute it. and if people generally don't see you as a funny person, unless you really hit gold you're probably fucked.
Quote by TheChaz
I was bullied as a child and I developed a stinging wit as a defense mechanism. Then I got three concussions and now it's pretty much all gone. After the third one, I've even started stuttering on occasion. That kills a lot punchlines.

Not if you sound like this little dude

Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
All of my friends would probably say I'm funny, up there in the top "comedians" of the group. I joke around more often if it's a close friend, around others I sort of hold back in a way.

On UG I don't think I've really come off as an exceptionally hilarious person, but w/e. Half of you probably don't recognise me.
West Ham United
As actual advice to the OP, as corny as it sounds, just be yourself. Really all there is to it.
West Ham United
I am funny.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Watch lots of TV. Throw obscure, yet funny quotes into conversation when appropriate.

For example:
'We should plan this out'
'I have a plan so cunning you can put a tail on it and call it a weasel.'

Etc.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Mephaphil
Watch lots of TV. Throw obscure, yet funny quotes into conversation when appropriate.

For example:
'We should plan this out'
'I have a plan so cunning you can put a tail on it and call it a weasel.'

Etc.

Maybe where I am it's different but that's just lame.
West Ham United
Yea, that's the joke. Lots of people do that, they overload on pop culture references as a filler for unoriginal material. The point is; Don't do that.

Also UTI!!!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by desperatechris
Why arent germans funny?

Because they can't beat the Jew-prank anymore; once you have killed 6 million of them, there is no more comedy to be made. They have already reached the stars. They became: the übermensch; emotionless. They transcended comedy.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Mar 24, 2013,
Page 1 of 2