Kickstarter Page

If you don't want to give them ALL of your money RIGHT NOW there's something wrong with you

I am a cheap bastard regarding games (I basically torrent EVERY game I have), but I'll give these guys all I've got.....or at least the pledge that gives me Wasteland 2 as well
....when I get my paycheck that is >_>

For those of you who don't know, this is the sequel to Planescape:Torment, basically like the best PC game ever created.

(like any of this wasn't obvious by my avatar )
Last edited by gonzaw at Mar 24, 2013,
Quote by superunknown
I'll go ahead and say that this probably belongs in the gaming thread
>.>

Sorry bro, but this is just too important to make a measly post in the Gaming Thread to be buried and never be seen again....

EDIT: Wait, could this be considered advertising?

If so, I'll edit the OP so it's not advertising it but it's still subtly telling you to go spend money on it and everything related to it.
Last edited by gonzaw at Mar 24, 2013,
It looks good, but I feel like it's going to be at least 3 years out from release, and I don't want to drop any cash when I don't know what the hell I'm gonna be doing three years from now
1) They already have a surplus of 2,000,000 dollars.

2) It is very unlikely for this game to be the "best PC game ever", I would assume you are in a complete denial of reality, didn't bother to try other games, or just have a specific taste.

3) I believe you should find more important things to worry about.
Quote by gonzaw
1)More money = More stuff in the game

2)P:T was the "best PC game ever". This may well be too, I dunno, it hasn't been released yet

3)God forbid I waste 1 minute of my life to make a simple thread for discussion

1), not necessarily so, and if it SO, they have plenty.

2) I was referring to the game of the past you mentioned, for it to be best, which I consider to be impossible from the get-go considering how wide games in variety go, it would mean that it surpassed every single computer game that has come out since computer gaming was introduced.

3) You are absolutely allowed to do so, but you seem overly enthusiastic about something that, for one, you can't influence, and might not even turn out to be good.
Quote by Aralingh
1), not necessarily so, and if it SO, they have plenty.

2) I was referring to the game of the past you mentioned, for it to be best, which I consider to be impossible from the get-go considering how wide games in variety go, it would mean that it surpassed every single computer game that has come out since computer gaming was introduced.

3) You are absolutely allowed to do so, but you seem overly enthusiastic about something that, for one, you can't influence, and might not even turn out to be good.

1)Yes it does. Check the kickstarter, they have those "goals" and the more money they get they guarantee they put more specific stuff into it and get more people into the team

2)Well geez stop being so literal. It is a ****ing great game though, and off the top of my head I can't really say "game X is definitely better than it", in certain aspects

3)You should play the original, know the team, watch the kickstarter video , read the kickstarter page, etc before saying something like that.
Yes, it might "suck", but it's improbable.

Anyways, I'm totally entitled to be enthusiastic about this....again considering the original
Once I finish Throne of Baal I'll finally get around to playing Planescape Torment. Sliightly obsessed with the old Infinity engine DnD games and I've only heard great things about PT!
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Quote by gonzaw
1)Yes it does. Check the kickstarter, they have those "goals" and the more money they get they guarantee they put more specific stuff into it and get more people into the team

2)Well geez stop being so literal. It is a ****ing great game though, and off the top of my head I can't really say "game X is definitely better than it", in certain aspects

3)You should play the original, know the team, watch the kickstarter video , read the kickstarter page, etc before saying something like that.
Yes, it might "suck", but it's improbable.

Anyways, I'm totally entitled to be enthusiastic about this....again considering the original

1) But they already have more than the triple of the amount they deemed necessary, surely there is a logical border to what amount of money would be essential for the highest quality product.

2) If you made a threat declaring "(insert band here) is the best band ever" you would certainly be met with admonition and perhaps a few honest replies. Honestly you couldn't have expected otherwise.

3) No amount of "playing the original, knowing the team, watching the kickstarter video, reading the kickstarter page" would convince me to claim that a future release of whatever game/book/film would live up to the expectation set, you can hope for it to be well, but to preemptively claim it to be as good as you claim it to be is not only statistically incompatible with reality, it's also dishonest.
hy·per·bo·le/hīˈpərbəlē/
Noun:
Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally
In the last 24 hours I have referred to coffee, surprisingly short train journeys and the Persian Empire 'the best thing ever'. All these statements were true in their own ways! I'm sure Torment (both of 'em!) shall be equally superlative
Quote by IgnoreThis
hy·per·bo·le/hīˈpərbəlē/
Noun:
Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally

I won't take that claim literally.

Quote by gonzaw
You are ruining the fun dude

I am not, simply debating a common issue.
Quote by gonzaw
But this "common issue" you are "debating" has nothing to do with the game
You haven't even talked about the actual game yet.

Yes, I haven't played it. I'm debating the underlying context.
Aralingh, I believe you should find more important things to worry about.

Anyway, on something more relevent - so how does Planescape compare to say, Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale gameplay wise?
Quote by IgnoreThis
Aralingh, I believe you should find more important things to worry about.

Anyway, on something more relevent - so how does Planescape compare to say, Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale gameplay wise?

I do have more important things to do, but you will not find me walking off on a on-going discussion if I initiated it.
Wat

It ended up with $4.2 million in funding...
...it had like $3.2 7 days before the funding ended.

That's insane.

I know these guys deliver though, and they will. No need to hype since it'll be released in 2015 so we can just forget about this until we get a demo or some shit and I'll be bumping this thread like crazy

See ya
Game is out

Quote by Aralingh

http://www.pcgamer.com/torment-tides-of-numenera-review/

89 / 100

Seems it did turn out to be quite good
Yeah but...

Quote by gonzaw
Release is on December 2014.

what happened here
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by gonzaw
Sorry bro, but this is just too important to make a measly post in the Gaming Thread to be buried and never be seen again....
I make measly posts about things I'm a hardcore fan of all the time though.

Something about CRPG's really turn me off. Especially when the camera is angled for strategy (also strongly dislike) instead of first or third person view.

Wouldn't have spent my money then and won't spend it now.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 1, 2017,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I make measly posts about things I'm a hardcore fan of all the time though.

Something about CRPG's really turn me off. Especially when the camera is angled for strategy (also strongly dislike) instead of first or third person view.

Wouldn't have spent my money then and won't spend it now.

fucking casual

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Never cared about these kind of games, sorry, I'm a casual too

They're always way too optimistic with the release dates. The only thing I've kickstarted is La Mulana 2, which had something like 2015 and it's still not out lol
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Yeah these indie devs need some goddamn management skills shit
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Nice bump. I'm hearing good things about this game, maybe I'll look into it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by TheChaz
It looks good, but I feel like it's going to be at least 3 years out from release, and I don't want to drop any cash when I don't know what the hell I'm gonna be doing three years from now

Whoa.