Page 1 of 3
As the title says. Every Pokemon game is a rehash of the last one with minor changes. Every recent CoD game is a rehash of the last one with minor changes. Isn't it amusing how people always seem to overlook that when talking about Pokemon?

There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Girls are the same point being?

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
That's why I stopped buying Pokémon games.

I don't even know what CoD stands for.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I still play Soul Silver, but that's the only pokemon game I've played since the original silver. I don't play Call of Duty, either. My recent games have been Battlefield 3, Phantasy Star Online 2, Dragon's Dogma, and Forza 4
because cod sucks ass
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
This thread is just a rehash of a previous gaming thread with minor changes.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
At least up to Generation 3, there were always major updates. Haven't played any of them beyond that though.

And aren't the next Pokemon games gonna be 3D? Is that not something new?
I am a big fan of the original 151 pokemon, but after that it all went wrong. I can tolerate the second gen also.
But CoD started off being a shitty rehash of older games. Well, at least around when it started to be huge, I dunno how the original CoD compares with other games of its time.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Pokemon games actually add a hell of a lot of new features in each iteration. Sure the gameplay is similar, but that can be said of most franchises.
At every Olympics the discus is exactly the same, has been for years, in fact all sports are like that. Clearly they are the worst games of them all.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Pokemon games actually add a hell of a lot of new features in each iteration. Sure the gameplay is similar, but that can be said of most franchises.

This, and lets be fair: why change a winning formula? Banjo-Kazooie did that with nuts and bolts, and look what happened. I like the game personally but there are thousands of fans who hated it
Yeah, and every Madden/MLB/NCCA/2k/other sports game is just a rehash of the released the year before with minor changes.

So aren't the GTA games. I mean, how many times does a new guy in the city manage to take it over?

And what about all of the Final Fantasy/Zelda/Mario games that are all the same with every installment?

You can say the same thing about any video game franchise, so there is no point in arguing it. Also, my first Pokemon game was Diamond (I know, I'm almost 18 and my first one was a gen 4 game) and I played every other one in that generation (Heartgold/Soulsilver, Pearl, etc) and they are the same in game style since it's the same generation. I have Pokemon White, but I can't tell you if its different than generation 4, but I can tell you that there are some changes between Black/White and the games I've played.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by Crofty89
This thread is just a rehash of a previous gaming thread with minor changes.

Touché.
Pokemon games are good tho.

CoD games aren't bad, they just gradually became bad, because good business decisions in giving the large shitty fanbase exactly what they want.
Great for business, bad for the games.
Quote by daytripper75

I think Black Ops 2 is better than both MW3 and Black Ops.

I agree, WAW and MW2 were brilliant, Black Ops was alright, MW3 was horrible, and Black Ops 2 is great.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Yes, but Pokemon was fun to begin with.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
lets talk about real games

Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
The problem with CoD isn't so much the games (though they aren't the best), it's the fans and the way the games are marketed. The fans treat it as the most "hardcore" awesome FPS in the history of everything, and the same people ruin the online community by constantly shit-talking and making up fake ways of "cheating" in order to have an excuse as to why they suck (refer to "hard scoping"). And then you have advertisements coming from EVERYWHERE (Doritos, Mountain Dew, WalMart, etc.), so much so that when a new game comes out almost every other game coming out at around the same time gets completely overshadowed. Imagine being a game developer and scheduling your new series to start on November 12, and the new CoD gets announced to be released on the 13th. Your game gets completely blown over by CoD, and pretty much the only games that survive the Winter sales quarter are well established games with large fanbases.

tl;dr It's not that it's a bad game, it just has an awful community and monopolizing business practices.

/rant
ಠ_ಠ
I agree. Pokemon and CoD proved you can ship the same shit over and over with a few new features and collect millions of dollars. If you argue other games do this, it is fine up to a limit. There are well over 10 pokemon games out with the same "go on a pokeventure" shit, and like 6 CoD games modeled after Modern Warfare. Where does it end. "Oh cool I can fight with 3 pokemon at the same time and weather affects fights now omg where do i put my money"
Quote by Burgery
lets talk about real games

Have you even played Fallout 1 or 2 you loser
Last edited by Weaponized at Mar 24, 2013,
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I agree, WAW and MW2 were brilliant, Black Ops was alright, MW3 was horrible, and Black Ops 2 is great.

And Hans zimmer also composed the soundtrack for mw2
Quote by Weaponized
Have you even played Fallout 1 or 2 you loser

ya man they sucked ass so i stopped
Quote by korinaflyingv
I was always working under the impression that that's exactly what you're supposed to do. If it's not broken don't fix it.

The only thing I would say about COD is that there's a new game every six months and they're indistinguishable from each other. If they spaced it out a bit more, it might not be so obvious.
Pokemon is an almost social kind of game where people explore and interact. I'd hate to be stuck with a limited set of lvl 100 pokemon and forced to battle with other lvl 100 pokemon of the same gen.
As for cod. Well. Beats my ball.
Quote by Burgery
ya man they sucked ass so i stopped

sorry not enough 420 no scope head shot dubstep doritos 4 u
Pokemon has the bonus of not killing your brain cells, though.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by soundgarden1986
Whenever a series tries something new
example of series trying something new

People use that Banjo and Kazooie game as an example but that's different. People wanted a platformer and got a vehicle building simulator. Like, I think it's fair to bitch about that after a decade of waiting.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
2002, 2006, 2008

There was no CoD game released in 2004. I guess they don't come out every year either
Page 1 of 3