You mean most technically skilled? Without a doubt John Entwistle. Check out his solo here:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=xTEmldzx1xE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DxTEmldzx1xE
Victor Wooten is also very technically skilled and I'm a big fan of his work. Les Claypool is also very technically skilled although his music is very strange and corky. Stuart Hamm is up there too. im sure many street performers have gotten very good at the bass. There are some very influential bassists who were not near the technical level of these for example Paul McCartney, Flea, John Paul Jones, Jaco Pastorius and others. But their influence still remains powerful to many bassists.
^actually that's not that hard of a solo. It's all minor pentatonic scale.

Some of John's other stuff is amazing though. He and John Paul Jones really amaze me. Both laid down the standard for taking bass forward in rock and popular music.

If we are staying in the area of electric bass, I would add Stu Hamm and Stanley Clarke. John Myung is also up there as well.
Trying to repost the vid cause I don't think it worked last time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTEmldzx1xE
Just skip to 4:10 and let your ears climax.
I probably wouldn't say Stanley Clark is very technical even Bunny Brunnel and him played bass together and Bunny seemed to be significantly better. He might be one of the most influential bassists of all time but the OP is asking for technical. So I would still say John Entwistle at the top, followed by Victor Wooten, Les Claypool, and Stu Hamm. John Myung has a couple pretty fantastic solos where he taps on the fretboard and he is very technical (certainly more so than me) but I wouldn't say he is quite on the level of the rest. I hate to put down Stanley Clark he is one of my favorite bassists and I am obsessed with School Days
Franck Hermanny.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Outside of those mentioned, take a look at Evan Marien, Hadrien Feraud, Michael Manring, Yves Carbonne, Steve Bailey and Armin Metz
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by sam_ofzo
Outside of those mentioned, take a look at Evan Marien, Hadrien Feraud, Michael Manring, Yves Carbonne, Steve Bailey and Armin Metz

Armin Metz is awesome. Anyone who doesn't recognize the name needs to head to YouTube.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
Armin Metz is awesome. Anyone who doesn't recognize the name needs to head to YouTube.

Agreed, his work with the Nadishana trio is truly amazing
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
So Technical = Virtuoso?
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B
i think its reasonable to assume that the virtuous players are technical.
you have however brought something akin to the Euthyphro dilemma into this discussion
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Dang, you made me look something up.

Perhaps the Technical Players are Technical for Technical and Ego sake, while the Virtuoso executes technical things due to musicality, not narcissistically saying, Hey! LOOK AT ME!!!!!!

Like this:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGdW2tglFRwQMAr.Gl87UF?p=technical%20death%20metal%20sheet%20music&fr=ush-mailn&fr2=sfp
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B