I've wanted one of these for about a decade but never wanted to drop the amount they usually sell for. Then this one came around at a cheaper-than-Epiphone price and I just couldn't resist. It's an Ibanez Artist from 1979, I think this was the "2622 model" in cherry/wine red. Active electronics, etc.

It's been rather heavily modded but for the price I can't imagine it not becoming a fantastic player. Here's a few photos, more when I have it in my grubby little hands...

Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Thanks Tom! I need another guitar like a hole in the head, but under $400...not passing that up.
Those are super super nice guitars man. Congratz and nice color.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm curious what the pickups are, won't know till I pull them. I'm guessing Dimarzios...
From what I can tell, just the single coil and the 5-way switch.
Love Artists! I have played one just like that, fantastic guitar!

The bridge is classy as shit as well.

HNGD!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CustomAxe
I'm curious what the pickups are, won't know till I pull them. I'm guessing Dimarzios...

i'm guessing super 70s.

HNGD!!!
Quote by gregs1020
i'm guessing super 70s.

HNGD!!!

I thought those always had the gold covers but I suppose they could've been removed. I'll find out soon enough!
And now the wait begins...hopefully by Friday she'll arrive.