Hey guys, loooooonnnnngggggg time no post. What've I missed?

Any djent players on the forum? I run an overdrive in my signal, and as well getting rid of any hiss I'm looking for a gate to just tighten things up a la djent guitarists. Does anybody have any experience doing this? Any recommendations?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Noise gates can tighten things up, but not massively. My NS-2 for example does not have a quick enough decay to really make things tight-sounding on its own, even on the quickest setting. Having said that, if you put the threshold up really high, you might be able to make it work a bit better, although you would have to sacrifice some tone. You might find you just need to tighten up your playing
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Concerning in the studio I haven't used any sort of noise gate, it's just when you're jumping around on stage it's pretty difficult to pay to attention to all the nuances haha. I did briefly try out my guitarist's NS-2 at rehearsal last night, but I couldn't really make much of a judgement in such a short period of time.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
You can get NG and Comp out of something of Studio Quality like the Digitech Studio Quad v2 for about $100
Ibanez BTB 1006 Fretless and 405 (no Barts)
456 & 455(w/Barts)
Genz Benz NeoX400 112T & NeoX 112T cab.
Digitech BP-8 (x2)
Yamaha PB-1
Boss: SYB-5, PS-2, OD-20, EQ-20, PH-3,BF-3, CE-20, DD-20
Morely A/B