Page 1 of 2
Hi I am a metal fan and my ethnicity is Pakistani. I've been a metal head for many years now (about 4 years) ,I'm 22Years old. Anyways the thing is that metal scene here is totally non existent. I have not come across a single person yet that likes metal music I mean there are fans of commerically super successful bands like Linkin Park and Metallica but that's about it. Almost anyother band is unheard of but My concern is that do metalheads in west think that metal is not for brown persons or do they find it weird that a brown person likes metal? I mean if a person from pakistan is in a metal band or concert will you think that its umm weird or something? Sorry if anything in my post offends anyone, I have absolutely no such intentions .

And yea btw my fave. Bands are Nightwish, Bullet for my Valentine, Within temptation, Hammerfall, Amaranthe, Soilwork (if that helps)

I've asked this elsewhere but on that site I don't think I'll get any replies soon.
Hopefully metalheads are not typically racist, so I would hope that no, they would not think you are weird or out of place there.

Also, I have never heard someone refer to himself as a brown person before. lol

Of course not, sweetie. All metalheads are repulsive, regardless of race
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
This is gonna be closed before 30 posts.

And even though everyone hates to admit it, race matters in all music, there are so many stigmas attached to music. People always notice white rappers or black musicians in a rock band because that's not the norm. Not saying it's something that can't be overcome, but there are stigmas attached to race and music.
Quote by StreetLight3989
This is gonna be closed before 30 posts.

And even though everyone hates to admit it, race matters in all music, there are so many stigmas attached to music. People always notice white rappers or black musicians in a rock band because that's not the norm. Not saying it's something that can't be overcome, but there are stigmas attached to race and music.

This. Everything this.

And it works the same way for the listeners. For example, in high school there was this black guy who was waaay into j-rock. We all knew him as that black guy who was waaay into j-rock. He probably got his reputation for that because it's not usual to see a black guy waaay into j-rock.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
If you play pakistani metal people will think it's neat and exotic. If you are pakistani and just play metal people won't give a ****.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
it's weird seeing people who aren't white in metal bands, but I don't care. The lead guitarist from The HAARP Machine is from the middle east, Tosin Abasi and Howard Jones are both black. Unless you're into nsbm I don't think anyone cares what race you are.
sunbather is shit
Pakistanis playing metal? So yeah right you'll probably use that as an excuse to get on a plane then put bombs in the guitars or something. Well we're not falling for it.
Well according to my copy of rolling stone's encyclopedia of rock and roll, metal is made for a white, adolescent audience. So yes it is weird that a brown person would like metal.
I live in an ethnically diverse city and I find it difficult to find a brown person who likes metal.
You don't have to be a specific nationality or have a specific skin color to play Metal. Metal is commonly played by white, urban males, just like Hip-Hop is commonly played by black, inner city males. It doesn't matter, it's just the demographic that relates to it the most.

ot: race doesnt matter. ever. you like what you like. etc.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Last edited by iHurricaneGTR at Mar 24, 2013,
I'm saddened by this thread.

Ever Forthright - 2 Black guys.

Glass Cloud - 2 Black Guys

Skyharbor - bunch of indians

Periphery - One Brown Guy, an Asian.

Volumes - All honorary niggas.

Animals as Leaders - 2/3 not white guys
Look up Vernon Ried ts He has a rather interesting perspective on this as a black rock musician and he talks aabout this in a few interviews.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Living Colour,all the members are African American. Phil Lynott the original guitarist of Thin Lizzy is black and irish. Slash's mother is African American.
The fact that people are posting specific bands with members that aren't white proves that race matters in metal. It's not inherently racist, there are just stigmas that exist about the genre. Being a different race than white might actually be an advantage in metal if you're good. You stand out more, like it or not.

This is just how it is now and hopefully in the future these stigmas won't exist. They do now though.
Quote by Jako215
I'm saddened by this thread.

Ever Forthright - 2 Black guys.

Glass Cloud - 2 Black Guys

Skyharbor - bunch of indians

Periphery - One Brown Guy, an Asian.

Volumes - All honorary niggas.

Animals as Leaders - 2/3 not white guys

Jesus wtf happened to long hair in metal? ****ing hipsters.
I think Sepultura is Brazilian. I even heard that one of the members of BVB is Filipino.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Also, I have never heard someone refer to himself as a brown person before. lol

It's quite widespread in the UK at least now, since the American usage of "asian" has started to confuse people.

And no TS, metalheads already have enough people to hate for bullshit reasons without being racists too.
race means absolutely nothing in metal, I've been listening to and playing metal for over 26 years and listened to plenty of bands with non white members and had no influence on whether I liked/disliked them. you should watch "global metal" which is a documentary done by a fellow Canadian and you'll see. metal doesn't care about your race/background/colour. when I was a teen I loved Suicidal Tendencies, who had a black guitar player, and the rest of the band was latino, actually looked like gang members though with the "one button" done up at the top of their shirts and the bandanas, and they were a kickass band, didn't like their newer stuff as much though. and someone on here already mentioned Vernon ried on this thread, listen to some of his guitar solos, a lot of skill there and some pretty damn cool tremolo work
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Jesus wtf happened to long hair in metal? ****ing hipsters.

all us old metalheads have gone grey or bald now, LOL !!
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5u1nH2yPwI
No. Race does not matter in Metal.
Quote by laid-to-waste
bunch of south/central american people are into metal, so it's pretty normal for brown people to be into metal. I do not know much about Pakistani culture (though I've worked with a pakistani before, good guy) so I don't know what they tend to listen to and stuff.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
This. Everything this.

And it works the same way for the listeners. For example, in high school there was this black guy who was waaay into j-rock. We all knew him as that black guy who was waaay into j-rock. He probably got his reputation for that because it's not usual to see a black guy waaay into j-rock.

Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Yup, if you're not black you can't do metal well. Fact.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Page 1 of 2