Hi guys.

I have a Mexican telecaster and I'm thinking of getting a tremelo arm put on it. However, the only trem-system available for it that I can find in England (where I live) is the Bigsby B5 kit. These look great and are meant to be high quality but cost £190.

However, I heard about this American website called guitarfetish.com that is meant to be very good. Whilst looking on there I found this:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Xtrem-Top-Mounte-Vibrato-Roller-Bridge-Combo-Nickel-Finish-_p_4431.html

Now the difference in price here is huge. To get this sent to me in the UK, including delivery (which is an additional $17), will cost me around £55. I like the way this thing looks and I wouldn't mind the fact that it isn't a 'brand name' part.

Here's my problem though, I know nothing about tremelo systems at all. I was hoping for some advice on how it would compare to the Bigsby B5. I know that these may not be well known but I'm hoping some of you may have used one or could make an informed guess.

Basically I was hoping to get information on the following:

- will the Bigsby stay in tune better?

- would the Bigsby be easier to use? as in easier to actually play? maybe the arm would be smoother or something.

- would the Bigsby system be better sounding than the cheaper kit? what I mean by this is that more expensive wah pedals can have a bigger sweep and sound fuller. Could the same thing apply here?

If any of these questions are stupid I apologise but I would rather look like an idiot than be misinformed.

Cheers.
I Googled that for you, had a read of the first 3 threads and people seem pretty happy with them. I haven't used them myself but generally people say they keep tune very well, don't require drilling to the body and do their job well.

I did read that people said it may leave a mark on your guitar.

I doubt many folk have used it here. The vast majority of people here play LPs or Strats/superstrats and would either go for a Bigsby because of brand and quality or have a guitar with a trem on it. But I could be wrong!

I'd go to a forum for guitars that don't have trems on them like mylespaul or tdpri.

But Google says that lots of people are happy.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

That thing is intriguing. Definitely never seen or heard of it before.
Paul Reed Smith CE-24 2005 and Santana SE with Seymour Duncan pickups.
Line 6 Amplifiers
Boss Effects and Steve Vai's Wah Pedal
Dunlop Picks and Elixir Strings .48

WEBSITE
https://www.guitarchalk.com
I don't know that one, but you might want to look at Trem-King.

http://www.tremking.com/

I stumbled on those because they're the tremolo of choice of Tradition Guitars.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I used a GFS trem on a Les Paul last year and thought it pretty decent. I compared it to my Gretsch with an actual Bigsby, and the GFS felt slightly tighter and more responsive. As for tuning and keeping tune, I didn't have that issue with the GFS or the Bigsby.
OffsetOffset