So this is maybe a week late, but I've been too busy to get a proper NGD thread made haha. I got this off of a user over on the sevenstring forums because the deal was too good to pass up; an Ibanez RG8 with a set of Dimarzio D Activator pickups and a hardshell case. The day after I got the guitar, I found on SS a guy selling a Bareknuckle Nailbomb bridge pickup for less than $100, so I had to jump on that as well!

The guitar itself is pretty impressive for the value. For a $400 guitar, the build construction is solid and I've had no issues with tuning stability/setup/bridge/etc. The neck is real nice and thin, even if it is significantly wider than my other guitars. After a little getting used to, I was able to play 8-string barre chords relatively easily. Only thing I still need to adjust is making new patches on my Axe FX for this since my existing patches are a bit too muddy for it.

Unfortunately because of school and whatnot, I haven't gotten around to writing anything substantial with it yet, but I certainly have some riffs coming together. I made a quick cover of Tactical Nuke by The Acacia Strain since the song took literally seconds to learn and is br00tl as fvck, so here's a video of that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0wPwrdq3Ww

And now, pictures!!!

NOPE
That cover was uber br00tz.

HNGD man. I keep looking at 8 strings and thinking "I don't need one... I don't need one..." but I played one at GC 2 weeks back and now... I don't know... Those RG8s sure are nice....
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
Now you just need to learn some stuff by Animals As Leaders and Fred Brum.

HNGD!
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
That guitar and deal is sweet but I can't be the only one who's AMAZED that he found some BN pups under 100, nail bombs no less. You are one lucky guy! Happy for you dude have fun ripping it up with that bad boy.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Never played an 8-string, but congrats all the same. Nice looking guitar and nice photos. Also, you really need a couple of more wraps of string on those tuners. More wraps equals better tuning stability and tone.

Congrats!
Quote by KG6_Steven
More wraps equals better tuning stability and tone.

It also increases the chance that one of the string wraps sorta move around the place on each other. Can't explain it well but imagine the way the strings slip even for little when they are wrapped even once, then multiply it but the number of wraps you do. Imo you shouldn't wrap much at all. That's why locking tuners are better. Less wraps.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+