I spent this weekend rebuilding my Martin Stinger SRX

I made new covers for the back (missing), rewired it with a harness from the 70s I had laying around. After all is said and done, it still have 2 problems.

1. It is UGLY! (maybe a repaint)

2. The bridge pickup drops from humbucker to single coil when wiggled. I thought is was a wiring issue, but the wiring looks solid. Is this a bad pickup? If so, can I fix it or is a replacement set on the horizon?
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Is the bridge pickup a 4 conductor wiring, or just a hot and ground? If it's 4 conductor, then you just need to put some electrical tape round the two wires that connect the two coils together. If it's just a hot and ground wire you get from the pickup then you either need to take it apart/have a tech take it apart, or get a new one.
These are just hot and ground... Simple pups from the 80s.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
You're right, it is pretty ugly haha. A quick search reveals hardly any results so perhaps it's rather rare these days?? Maybe repainting would be a bad idea in that case, if it does turn out to be rare. As for your pick up though I'd be inclined to just replace that to be honest.