Hi all,

I know there's a lot of good info here, and for the most part it's helped me out a ton for getting started with recording. I purchased the 2i2, and downloaded Reaper. I've managed to get sound in to the software and actually record some stuff!

But I was curious if any of you know of any really good You Tube vids on Reaper? Something that will show a newbie the basics well... (there a lot of them out there, and just thought i'd ask if anyone knows of some really "good" ones)

Thanks!
Also. Was wondering if someone can explain real quick how a person would take song say off of Spotify, and place in to reaper? (so I could record a cover over the audio of the song.)
i dont use reaper, but i know theres a youtube channel thats actually called TutorialsForReaper

http://www.youtube.com/user/TutorialsForReaper

Once you get pretty comfortable with the layout and such of reaper, it also helps to watch some tutorials or read some articles focused on certain tricks or techniques in general as opposed to being focused only on reaper.

Also for your second question, if you have an mp3 of the song and if you have itunes, you can use the file converter in itunes to make a WAV file of the song and then you should just be able to put it on an audio track in reaper. but like i said i dont use reaper so i dont know how you would do that in reaper specifically.
Last edited by zosomagik94 at Mar 25, 2013,
Quote by zosomagik94
i dont use reaper, but i know theres a youtube channel thats actually called TutorialsForReaper

http://www.youtube.com/user/TutorialsForReaper

Once you get pretty comfortable with the layout and such of reaper, it also helps to watch some tutorials or read some articles focused on certain tricks or techniques in general as opposed to being focused only on reaper.

Also for your second question, if you have an mp3 of the song and if you have itunes, you can use the file converter in itunes to make a WAV file of the song and then you should just be able to put it on an audio track in reaper. but like i said i dont use reaper so i dont know how you would do that in reaper specifically.

Thank for the info! Will check that out tonight! Appreciate it.