So, I've been kind of in the market for a MIDI guitar lately. I was into the idea of getting a Godin Freeway SA, but I saw this on ebay the other day and had a change of heart. I had a really nice Parker NiteFly M that was also pre-Washburn (that one was 2004, this new one is from 2000). I loved it but I ended up selling because I didn't think I needed a guitar with such an aggressive, rock oriented sound (I'm more of a jazz/funk/fusion player). Well, turns out I guess I missed having a Parker around.

Just like all Parkers of this time, this thing is unbelievably well built. As expected, it plays great. The neck is typical of this era of Parker guitars, wood (probably mahogany) with that "carbon glass" (or whatever it's called) coating. It actually came set up really nicely too. I'm not sure what the body is made of (it's next to impossible to find a list of specs for this guitar!). My first guess was mahogany but after plugging it in the sound seems a little brighter than my old guitar, which had a mahogany body. It sounds great, though. All the pickups are DiMarzio custom made for Parker guitars. The bridge humbucker gives you a really good, if somewhat typical "superstrat" type of sound. Not usually my thing really, but it's definitely what I'll be using in the future any time I have to play anything remotely "heavy". The single coils are extremely balanced and well defined. They're definitely pretty modern voiced pickups and the output is actually fairly high without being overwhelming. They sound really awesome for funk rhythm playing.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to try the MIDI system yet (which is really the only reason I bought the guitar) because I'm waiting on MIDI cables in the mail. If I remember I'll update you guys when I get them.

Pics...

...couldn't resist a family shot. (Left to right: Fender MIM Strat w/CS '69s; Parker MIDI NiteFly; D'Angelico EX/DC; Gretsch G5120 w/TruArc bridge, SD Seth Lover neck, TV Jones Classic bridge, and Sperzels; Smoothboard Classic fretless strat copy)

Awwwwwwww yeeeaaaaahhhh!

HNGD, I'm officially jealous!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
HNGD! What's up with the headstock?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Thanks, guys!

Delboyuk_01, what extra equipment do you mean? Just curious.

Dr Sixstring, that's Parker's signature headstock. As far as I know it's on all their guitars.
I've wanted a Parker for a while. Played a friends fly. I like the trem system and stainless frets. I'd like the midi too just for the hell of it. Have fun, lucky bastard
Tempoe, if you're interested in Parkers, there are always plenty of guitars that are similar to mine but without MIDI for between $500 and like $1000 on Guitar Center's website, craigslist, and ebay. Since there are so few of them, the prices are very inconsistent, so you have to be patient. While looking for prices to compare for this guitar, I'm pretty sure I actually came across the same guitar I sold in November for $860 (it had the same scratches, etc.). It was being sold for $510. Ironically, the older (pre-Washburn) Parkers usually sell for less than newer ones on the used market, even though most people agree the older ones were better guitars.
Last edited by mattrusso at Mar 25, 2013,
Hngd!!!!
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
My buddy has a late 90's Parker, absolutely fugly guitars but they play incredibly well.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by mattrusso
Thanks, guys!

Delboyuk_01, what extra equipment do you mean? Just curious.

Dr Sixstring, that's Parker's signature headstock. As far as I know it's on all their guitars.

I now gig with 2 amps, and I use a stand for the acoustic amp, which is a but bulky.