Page 3 of 5
Alright, so my last exam (French text) was planned for tomorrow. However, apparently some exams have been stolen in schools around the country and now the guy who found out has made it public..

http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/2013/05/hee_vwo_eindexamen_frans_van_2.html
(You probably don't understand a thing, but voila)

Can you believe it? Early holidays for me!
baab
Quote by My Last Words
Alright, so my last exam (French text) was planned for tomorrow. However, apparently some exams have been stolen in schools around the country and now the guy who found out has made it public..

http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/2013/05/hee_vwo_eindexamen_frans_van_2.html
(You probably don't understand a thing, but voila)

Can you believe it? Early holidays for me!

Nope, you're quite right, literally don't understand a word of that

Still, early holidays are always good, got anything planned?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'll be doing some sort of "'train"trip with a couple of mates around Europe (Berlin - Prague - Budapest - Vienna) for 10 days, but that will be in August, so plenty of time as of right now.
baab
Oh exam season.

Zaphod what do you take at uni? I'm doing maths (first year) and my God the workload is insane.
Quote by Anon17
I'm doing maths (first year) and my God the workload is insane.

I know a first (now second I guess) math major, and she's always swamped up to the hilt with work.

Makes me glad I've made it four years without taking a single math or hard science class.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by My Last Words
I'll be doing some sort of "'train"trip with a couple of mates around Europe (Berlin - Prague - Budapest - Vienna) for 10 days, but that will be in August, so plenty of time as of right now.

Sounds like fun man Wish I had the time for that!

Quote by Anon17
Oh exam season.

Zaphod what do you take at uni? I'm doing maths (first year) and my God the workload is insane.

Computer Science, I know a decent number of Maths students though, the first years have a decent amount of work but I know a third year guy who just finished who I didn't see much of at all this year

Biggest workload by far though is Architecture students, that shit is insane.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Arghh, finally done! Only had French today, had to score 5,5/10 in order not to fail my finals..

Ended up with 27/49 pts = -6+
baab
Cannnot let off tpoic therad chat die!

Hwo is everyone?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Working... kind of. Just started an internship at a major technology company and I'm staying at a Bed & Breakfast in rural England until the contract for my new house comes up at the end of the week

It's been a damn busy time for me of late. I have a blog though http://zaphodibm.blogspot.com/ Which reminds me, I need to update that when I get back to the B&B later...

Also because of all this... I haven't played guitar for over a week. Getting quite unhappy about that but I should have my gear back with me at the end of this week

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Summer's arrived so my teaching work is dying down, I'm gonna meet up with some old friends and have some good times! Pro-tip for anyone else with a shaved head, it needs sun lotion too.
Quote by Freepower
Summer's arrived so my teaching work is dying down, I'm gonna meet up with some old friends and have some good times! Pro-tip for anyone else with a shaved head, it needs sun lotion too.

Oh ouch man, I had a similar problem once; I have quite thin hair so in direct sun for too long my scalp gets sunburn down my parting. ALL the pain.

Wish I had time for proper fun at the minute though

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
1-year UG-anniversary! (more or less)
Uhm, yeah.. Restringed my guitar 2 days ago, cleaned and oiled the neck, put some 11's on it, cleaned the knobs, pickguard, tom-bridge and whatnot. Ended up with a huge back-bow so it's currently waiting for a set-up at my local store. Played a 7-string for the first time in my life. Signed up for lessons with this guy. Trip to Amsterdam with my dad planned for tomorrow. Good times..
baab
Quote by My Last Words
1-year UG-anniversary! (more or less)
Uhm, yeah.. Restringed my guitar 2 days ago, cleaned and oiled the neck, put some 11's on it, cleaned the knobs, pickguard, tom-bridge and whatnot. Ended up with a huge back-bow so it's currently waiting for a set-up at my local store. Played a 7-string for the first time in my life. Signed up for lessons with this guy. Trip to Amsterdam with my dad planned for tomorrow. Good times..

How did you feel about the 7 string then? Ready to join the legion?

Holy crap, Marcel Coenen... I remember being introduced to this guy when the Guitars Suck videos were flying around on Google Video... those were awesome, shame most of them don't exist any more Awesome player to sign up for lessons with, here's hoping he's half the teacher his playing would indicate!

I may have bought a new guitar...

Trying to get myself around to doing a video with it but I also bought an interface so I'm still trying to figure out how to sync audio and video

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
How did you feel about the 7 string then? Ready to join the legion?

I need to buy a new amp first..

Nifty tele you got there.. happy NGD!
baab
Really like your site, I feel very good .this is our website also recommend to you all to share.
well you can **** right off

Holy crap Zaph, do my eyes deceive me or is that an MIJ 62 reissue
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
well you can **** right off

Holy crap Zaph, do my eyes deceive me or is that an MIJ 62 reissue

That is indeed exactly what it is, so happy with it ^_^ Now all I need to do is join a lighter band than the one I'm currently in and I'll actually be able to use it for anything other than widdling away in my room!

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
All moved back to school for one more **** semester. How are you GT guys doing?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
All moved back to school for one more **** semester. How are you GT guys doing?

Not too bad over here, doing a year's internship at a major tech company as part of my degree... I hate working!

You don't seem to be very happy about being back at school?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Meh, its one last semester to grind through. Just a bunch of final prep for my exhibition, getting over an ex, and trying to get out of this asscrack nowhere town you know, the usual.

Work is work, I feel ya. Gotta bring home the bacon somehow though
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That is indeed exactly what it is, so happy with it ^_^ Now all I need to do is join a lighter band than the one I'm currently in and I'll actually be able to use it for anything other than widdling away in my room!

Congratulations on buying my favourite tele lol, it's the only thing on my wishlist at the moment lol, although I can't decided whether I prefer the black or the burst.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
Congratulations on buying my favourite tele lol, it's the only thing on my wishlist at the moment lol, although I can't decided whether I prefer the black or the burst.

I definitely prefer the burst... also, I don't think I need *another* black guitar

In other news... MY BAND JUST FINISHED RECORDING OUR ALBUM! Just need to wait on mixing and mastering now, jebus I'm so damned happy about this!

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I always want to lick those scratchplates...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by Freepower
Whoop woop! Post some samples when you can!

When it's actually completely done and out on the internets everyone will be forced to listen to the whole thing

Quote by steven seagull
I always want to lick those scratchplates...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
They look....minty
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
They look....minty

Well I guess that's your call to make, I usually associate mint with green though

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I have a question and I don't where to put it, so I ask it here. Can a song that's in drop b be played in drop d? They use the same fingerings, right?
Quote by ercover
I have a question and I don't where to put it, so I ask it here. Can a song that's in drop b be played in drop d? They use the same fingerings, right?

If you mean whether it can be played in a different key then yes but the number of down tuned songs that can be played on a guitar tuned higher in the original key is very very small.

This would probably be better off in Musician Talk somewhere though.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
OH MY GOD GUYS! IT'S A MUSIC MY BAND DID!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf5L3f_zv1g

Seriously, I'm so happy we're starting to actually release the material now, only two weeks until the full album drops!

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Freepower
Good stuff Zaph, doesn't float my boat but the guitar playing is solid. ^^

Thanks man, that means more coming from you than it would from most people When the album hits I think I'm going to have to ask you to listen to one track specifically; one of the only two with a solo in it and definitely the harder solo, just to see what you think.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Freepower
Go ahead, or you can always PM me stuffs if you're in a hurry!

Nah, I'll wait until the album actually hits, I don't know how but I'm sure someone else in the band would find out and they might be annoyed

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Hm I kinda encountered something in a song I transcribed. It seemed the guitarist was getting harmonics on his upstrokes as well. Now I know general pinch harmonic technique that it's usually done with a downpick keeping your thumb about level with the pick, but does anyone do it the other way with the finger on the other side? I'm imagining the possibility of something like consistent tremolo picked PHs...which could be really fun, but is it doable?
Quote by fanapathy
Hm I kinda encountered something in a song I transcribed. It seemed the guitarist was getting harmonics on his upstrokes as well. Now I know general pinch harmonic technique that it's usually done with a downpick keeping your thumb about level with the pick, but does anyone do it the other way with the finger on the other side? I'm imagining the possibility of something like consistent tremolo picked PHs...which could be really fun, but is it doable?

I've seen it done and experimented with upstroke pinches a little in the past but I've generally found that if you want a high tremolo picked harmonic sound you're probably better off picking a natural harmonic and tremolo picking that. Half of what gives pinches their sound is a good vibrato and you're not going to get that if you're tremolo picking the note really?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I'll just leave this here.

https://ariyauk.bandcamp.com

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I'll just... leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyBIbAkyHhM

It's up for download for £2!

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Nov 15, 2013,