I was not really into rap at all until I heard his new album. I think it is great.
yup, one of the best in the game right now
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Everyone talks about GKMC and Section.80 (rightfully so) but you never hear about Overly Dedicated and his EP. I prefer those any day.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
boring and played out.

also, there's a thread about hip-hop at the top of the 'other' forum so no need to make a special thread for just one rapper
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by AtomicPunk7
Everyone talks about GKMC and Section.80 (rightfully so) but you never hear about Overly Dedicated and his EP. I prefer those any day.

i just listened to OD and was pretty disappointed. I guess he was still finding himself.
Quote by romencer17
boring and played out.

also, there's a thread about hip-hop at the top of the 'other' forum so no need to make a special thread for just one rapper

Boring and played out? Lol no. Kendrick will be recognized as one of the better new school artists of this generation. The subject matter alone and the themes he explores are a testament to that.
Quote by monstercupcake
Boring and played out? Lol no. Kendrick will be recognized as one of the better new school artists of this generation. The subject matter alone and the themes he explores are a testament to that.

Don't give that guy any attention.
Yack Yack Yack
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by monstercupcake

there's a lot of "recognized" people that i think are boring and played out.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by TheReverend724
I dislike Kendrick a lot
Weren't you big on Lil B for a while?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
GKMC was my favourite rap album from last year. Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst is an awesome song. The Dying of Thirst verses groove really well. Definitely agree that this guy is gonna blow up and be one of the faces of hip hop/rap.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Best rapper in the game right now. GKMC is a classic. I don't think anybody in the scene right now has chops even close to Kendrick's combination of writing, flow, style, and storytelling.

People have been saying that J Cole and Big Sean are going to be the next big things in rap for years now. They're wrong. Kendrick Lamar is the next big thing in rap.
I didn't even know J Cole existed till one of the Grammys. Still haven't heard a single song from him. Ditto with Big Sean (except for that sweet verse on Clique(?))
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I don't like J Cole. I do like Kendrick.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Kendrick is great, definitely top 3 for me. haven't listened to all of gkmc yet, or overly dedicated for that matter but section 8.0 is gonna be a classic.
overly.dedicated has some good tracks. gkmc is fantastic. section 80 is pretty good. i like kendrick, but he's probably not even in my top 10. he'd probably make top 20 though. i don't think he's gonna 'change the game' or whatever people say when someone makes one really good album. we'll see what he does next i guess.

also, he doesn't need his own thread.
you're a stone fox