xxSnowdustxx
155 IQ
I am doing a talent show at my school. Sweet little angel by bb king. Wondering if someone could help me geta good amp that is no more than $200 cuz I have a month to get money at $40 riht now. I was looking at mustang fender 1 it sounded good help plz
ryanyarsky
62 IQ
The Vox Pathfinder 15r is a great amp. It has an 8 inch speaker and really does well with the sound you are looking for. It is only 120 dollars so it is right in your price range. Sometimes I find myself playing the Vox instead of my '75 Twin. It's a great amp for the money.
monwobobbo
608 IQ
see if you can find a used Peavey Valveking. they have a great clean channel and certainly can do a good BB (although he has been using a SS amp for a long time now). the VK can also do really good dirty blues sounds as well.
redandwhite12
red and also white
1,395 IQ
Quote by xxSnowdustxx
I am doing a talent show at my school. Sweet little angel by bb king. Wondering if someone could help me geta good amp that is no more than $200 cuz I have a month to get money at $40 riht now. I was looking at mustang fender 1 it sounded good help plz

Are you going to be able to mic your amp to a P.A system. Because of otherwise you might be screwed to get a little amp loud enough. Also what amp are you using right now if any?
redandwhite12
red and also white
1,395 IQ
Quote by monwobobbo
see if you can find a used Peavey Valveking. they have a great clean channel and certainly can do a good BB (although he has been using a SS amp for a long time now). the VK can also do really good dirty blues sounds as well.

I think he uses solid state the majority of the time live because they are far more reliable then tubes, less fragile. I believe he still uses his old Twin Reverb in the studio but I could be mistaken.
xxSnowdustxx
155 IQ
the amp I am usin now is the crappiest amp ever created its one of those 10 watt fender squire frontman that come with the strat pack and yes the school lets me use pa system
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
Where do you live? If you're in the US you may be able to score an actual Fender tube amp from those eras, esp from the 70's. Give us an actual location and 311 may be able to track one down for you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
Tell us which city. Do that and I'll send out the 311 signal for you. He's a wizard when it comes to tracking down old amps.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
Hey what now? What are you? Batman?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
1,633 IQ
Just look at Craigslist in your city and look for old Fender tube amps... But to be honest anything you get for $200 is most likely gonna need to be looked over by a tech which will put you well over budget.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!