Page 4 of 1004
Quote by soundgarden1986
Howdy people.

System Shock 2 is a good game, but I just don't have a desire to play it. I have the same problem with the first Deus Ex

I've been wanting to check that out, but haven't bothered with it yet. They put it on GOG a month or so ago, right?

I kinda have that problem with Planescape: Torment, which I haven't touched in months and months.
Quote by Holy Katana
I've been wanting to check that out, but haven't bothered with it yet. They put it on GOG a month or so ago, right?

I kinda have that problem with Planescape: Torment, which I haven't touched in months and months.

Yeah another user in the previous thread suggested picking it up off GOG. Its a super engaging game but I just have zero desire to play it for whatever reason. I haven't picked up Deus Ex since last July or so too. Im only a couple hours into each
Just beat the fifth Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus, holy crap this HD remaster is broken in comparison to the PS2 version. I don't know how it happened or what they did, but Wander is pretty incompetent and clumsy, and the Colossi all have epilepsy. Still fun, but more frustrating than it should be.
Quote by TheChaz
Has never played a FF or MGS.

I've never played a MGS game either, but I suck at stealth games

Except in Skyrim, where it was ridiculously broken
Quote by institutions
Well, K-On! Houkago Live!! ordered.
Now I cannot wait until it arrives.

I knew I bought this PSP back in 2007 for a reason.

no one knew or cared what i was talking about when i did it no ones gonna care cuz its you
Quote by soundgarden1986
Howdy people.

System Shock 2 is a good game, but I just don't have a desire to play it. I have the same problem with the first Deus Ex

First dues ex frustrated me. It looked ugly as hell(I botched the hi res patch but that shouldn't excuse it) and some of the game mechanics (mostly shooting and I do know that stealth is the way to go) felt broken. Missing at point blank range is really annoying. Don't really get the hype

Posting to mark the thread
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Mar 25, 2013,
Woot, updating drivers fo Bioshock!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Cianyx
First dues ex frustrated me. It looked ugly as hell(I botched the hi res patch but that shouldn't excuse it) and some of the game mechanics (mostly shooting and I do know that stealth is the way to go) felt broken. Missing at point blank range is really annoying. Don't really get the hype

Posting to mark the thread

You realize you can sticky threads for yourself, right?

I think they introduced it in 2011.
Quote by ninnipinni93
Been playing infinite for a few hours

It is ridiculously good, I literally got goosebumps playing it, a long time since a game has done that to me.

Same dude. The last two hours just shot by. The style of this game is just so bright but yet so dark at the same time.

duuuuuddeeeee
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Ichikurosaki
no one knew or cared what i was talking about when i did it no ones gonna care cuz its you

i kno, but you guys are like my only friends or people i talk to and i wanted to tell someone
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Woot, updating drivers fo Bioshock!!

Holy **** you again!

How have you been man!

I think I'm also going to replay through S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SOC. This HD texture pack is just too good.

Quote by institutions
i kno, but you guys are like my only friends or people i talk to and i wanted to tell someone

I'm gonna watch the show first before I try to get involved in a game

Also I should probably have a PSP first
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Mar 25, 2013,
good, good.
im just waiting for bioshock, which is an hour away
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Ugh, there's seriously a Bioshock update already??

Edit: Saw this http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/25/bioshock-infinite-1999-mode-konami-code/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

You can unlock 1999 mode (basically hard mode) at the beginning with the Konami code.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Mar 25, 2013,
God dammit steam... Just Cause 2 is $3 (I never played the first, but heard they were fun, if not mindless). Commandos (all 4) for $4... I want to buy, but I feel I shouldn't.
Quote by stratman_13
I think I'm also going to replay through S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: SOC. This HD texture pack is just too good.

I bought the two expansions in a sale for like $3, I've already beaten SOC (got the shitty greedy ending). I started replaying it, to beat SOC before starting on the expansions (I know you don't have to, different stories). I don't remember the hard mode being THIS hard. ****. I'm at the mission where you have to sneak into the Agroprom Institute and the stealth is ****ing killing me. It sucks ass. I get out of the sewer and IMMEDIATELY guy in guard tower sees me and turns on alarm. There's a tree blocking my view of him, but he can see me. The game is great but my **** is it ever broken.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf at Mar 26, 2013,
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Ugh, there's seriously a Bioshock update already??

Edit: Saw this http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/25/bioshock-infinite-1999-mode-konami-code/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

You can unlock 1999 mode (basically hard mode) at the beginning with the Konami code.

That's cool as FUCK.
--

--
Everyone I know on Steam is playing Infinite and I'm just sitting here studying cell bio.
--

--
Quote by TheChaz
Try to launch Bioshock, get stuck in updater. WHY

For real, this shit is ridiculous
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
For real, this shit is ridiculous

Mine locked up and the time just kept increasing. Working again though and update is done.
I'm at 45 minutes
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Sacamano if it makes you feel better, if I started downloading it now, it would take me till about 12pm tomorrow for it to be finished.

I remember when I went to reinstall BF3 it told me it would be 36 hours .
--

--
Cool, new Bioshock is up

I guess I'll get spoiled about the twist endings and stuff before I play it (happens with all bioshocks) *sigh*

Have no money right now to buy it, and I think my PC can't handle it

Good luck with it yo

Also, I've made a thread about it....but yeah once Torment: Tides of Numenera comes out I'll go hermit.
If Wasteland 2 comes out as well maybe too (it comes out earlier).

Also I got FTL and it's kind of cool (too bad I don't have much time to play it).
Was thinking about getting Antichamber.....but I think I may need a lot of concentration for it >_>
I wouldn't say Antichamber requires a lot of concentration. It's not like it's highly skill based or anything, just have to take some time and sort through the puzzle and think unconventionally.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Quote by stratman_13
Sacamano if it makes you feel better, if I started downloading it now, it would take me till about 12pm tomorrow for it to be finished.

I remember when I went to reinstall BF3 it told me it would be 36 hours .

That's odd. Steam and Origin download VERY fast for me. Steam especially. I usually get like 10mb/s for a big DL. Shit's crazy fast.
Quote by MetalGS3SE

****kk this

It's like an hour and 20 minutes after I thought I'd be able to play it. It finished updating but then it wouldn't start because it was missing an executable file. I did what it said which involved restarting and now my computer's somehow having trouble doing that. Who knows if it will even work after this finally finishes.
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by naedauuf
That's odd. Steam and Origin download VERY fast for me. Steam especially. I usually get like 10mb/s for a big DL. Shit's crazy fast.

My internet dl speed usually tops off at like 100kbps.

I live in the middle of nowhere .
--

--
Quote by Holy Katana
I generally get like 3MBps, which is 24Mbps.

Unless you mean kilobytes instead of kilobits. And I hope you do. D:

Here, I'll just do this

--

--
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
****kk this

It's like an hour and 20 minutes after I thought I'd be able to play it. It finished updating but then it wouldn't start because it was missing an executable file. I did what it said which involved restarting and now my computer's somehow having trouble doing that. Who knows if it will even work after this finally finishes.

Same thing happened to me, left it on to update over the night and before I went to the train, it said update failed. Gonna have to try again tonight.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Why is there even a day 1 update? Seems like bullshit to me.

"Here have this unfinished game, download the rest when you get home!"
Quote by MetalGS3SE

Quote by Holy Katana
Why do the puzzles get even HARDER when you get the block gun?

Just a heads up, you can't solve everything right away. If something seems too hard or impossible to solve with what you have, it probably is.
Quote by naedauuf

Happens a lot these days though it would seem .

Monster Hunter did the same thing. Borderlands 2 had most people stuck in a .NET 4.0 Framework install loop. Dark Souls sucked ass before DSFix. Gears: Judgement had a 20mb update the night it was released. Halo 4 required HDD space and a full install of the multiplayer section before it was usable (which was incredibly smart, but still)

Seems like a lot of games now are released and then patched/fixed after they come out.

Except RAGE. It's still basically unplayable on PC
--

--
Quote by Holy Katana
Why do the puzzles get even HARDER when you get the block gun?

I thought they got easier with the gun. Most of the block puzzles were more straightforward thinking, unlike the first ones.

EDIT: And if you can't figure it out, it may be that you're somewhere you can't finish yet. Don't be afraid to hit escape and look for other areas to try to solve.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Last edited by rjdusa at Mar 26, 2013,
Quote by naedauuf

Eh, I see what you mean but I have no problem with day one updates. It takes more than a month to print and distribute a game. I'd rather them spend that downtime searching for and fixing glitches/bugs rather than sitting on their asses and twiddling their thumbs (though I imagine some of the company is working on DLC). I doubt this patch is doing anything than fixing minor glitches, it's not like they're releasing a broken game and patching functionality in.

The only other option would be to delay the game (again, in Infinite's case), and personally I'd rather wait half an hour to download a patch then wait another few weeks.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Mar 26, 2013,
Quote by rjdusa
I thought they got easier with the gun. Most of the block puzzles were more straightforward thinking, unlike the first ones.

The block puzzles were more logical puzzles than anything else, but everything in between was still nuts. Finding the final gun was a complete bastard, but the whole final part was pretty "simple".