Page 1 of 2
Hey, guys i just have a question... How much does a M.R.I cost?
Because i have been having headaches/migraines everyday for like a few years now and i went to the doctor yesterday they said "Go to the optometrist and see if its your eyes thats the problem, if not come back, and we can write a referal to get an MRI"

So how much would it cost???
To The World I Am A Stranger, To A Stranger I Am A Possible Serial Killer

Quote by Wolfinator-x
You guys are so funny xD xoxo <3

Quote by Doveri
Well a human can't sing an Em since that's a chord

If you mean Eb3/E3, then that is a contralto voice.
Australia doesn't have free healthcare? I swear every time I learn something about that country I like it less and less.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Very very expensive, especially without insurance. When I got a CAT Scan done it was roughly $10,000. After insurance, it was about $2,000. I'd imagine an MRI is just as expensive, if not more expensive.
Go to an MRI facility at night and give yourself one. Way cheaper then paying out the ass for a doctor to tell you you're about to go insane and die in a month.
Mine cost about $5000 (U.S.) it was a single scan no contrast needed.

Insurance took care a 80% of it. I don't know what kind of healthcare system you have in Oz.
Quote by JHuffy
Very very expensive, especially without insurance. When I got a CAT Scan done it was roughly $10,000. After insurance, it was about $2,000. I'd imagine an MRI is just as expensive, if not more expensive.

Lol, no.
ayy lmao
here in australia we've got awesome universal health care

It really shouldn't be that much.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Do you have insurance? Last summer, I spent two weeks in the hospital. Got a CT scan, and MRI, bone marrow biopsy, EKG, and like 80 blood tests. Never even got a bill. If not, uhhh, good luck?
Quote by JHuffy
Very very expensive, especially without insurance. When I got a CAT Scan done it was roughly $10,000.

Would rather die if I had to pay that much.
Luckily I'm insured with some crappy thing.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Last edited by Gorelord666 at Mar 25, 2013,
well i am on a healthcare/medicare thing but im only 15 and apparently we dont have insurance so we have to pay, there goes easter...

Quote by Wolfinator-x

Quote by Doveri

Quote by Eissac123
well i am on a healthcare/medicare thing but im only 15 and apparently we dont have insurance so we have to pay, there goes easter...

That isn't how things work in this country... Go to the doctor. Your financials will be fine.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by instagata0
That isn't how things work in this country... Go to the doctor. Your financials will be fine.

well, okies, but if i get charged, you will here about it.

Quote by Wolfinator-x

Quote by Doveri

Quote by Eissac123

lol.
ayy lmao
You may need to pay first but medicare will rebate most if not all of it.
Australia's healthcare is amongst the best in the world (unless you need something done quickly)
Medicare basically pays for all procedures and tests as well as subsidising medicine.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If God didn't want people to be gay why did he put a G spot in our asses?
I had an MRI a couple months ago. I think I had a $20 copay.

And I thought American healthcare was bad...
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Well over here in Canada, for something like ''I've been having migraines'', could take you a little while to get in since there's other people higher up on the lists. Like, the ''I broke my back'' people or the ''I have cancer'' people. Just a priority list, that's the way it works. But if it's a doctor's referral then it's free. If it's just you being curious and not that big a deal, or you really want to go in like tomorrow, you can go to a private company and do it right there but you'll have to pay big time for it. My buddy had to get a shoulder MRI and didn't want to wait 6 months so he went to a private healthcare place and it cost him 500$ for a bunch of MRI angles of his shoulder with some kind of analysis report that came with it.

Then there's some exceptions, like my buddy who slightly busted his knee and had to get an MRI. His doctor sent him to the hospital with an appointment two weeks from then.
Last edited by metalblaster at Mar 26, 2013,
Quote by Trowzaa
Probably about £0 in a good country.

This. Also, in a good country they will send you for an MRI only if it's necessary and not because it's extremely profitable.
Wouldn't it be nice if healthcare wasn't the only industry where prices aren't posted when you go in?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I live in the UK and about 2 weeks ago I had one done, which in total everything came to £350. We had it done via private medical care, so I'd imagine that the £350 would be a pretty honest price. That's from the U.K's perspective of course. I can't really comment on what the situation may be in Australia though.

Hope you start to feel better soon, or at least make progress in finding out what's wrong.
The trouble with democracy is, no matter who you vote for the government always gets in.
Quote by Eissac123
well, okies, but if i get charged, you will here about it.

"here"
Quote by Owenlee55
> Being left for dead because you've not got free healthcare

> having to wait on a priority list because you do have free healthcare
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Mar 26, 2013,
Totally thought this thread was going to be you not wanting to be exposed as an edmodo multi.
=^● ⋏ ●^=
myanimelist! | steam!
---------
i'm a waste of my freedom / cause i have imprisoned myself
with this crippling lack of wealth / and my decaying sense of self
Quote by magnus_maximus
I tore a ligament in my foot. Was sat in a waiting room for less than an hour. Got an examination, then had an x-ray 10 minutes later. Got the results of the x-ray as soon as it was taken. Had a discussion with a doctor about the results and was on my way a few minutes later.

Cost me not a penny.

Since when were personal stories considered good evidence for supporting a position?
I don't know how much it is where you are, but I'm getting one this weekend and it's $400 with insurance.
cat
Quote by magnus_maximus
It isn't, of course not, but the vast majority of experiences with the NHS are similar to that. The NHS had its highest ever satisfaction rating before the start of this parliament.

Then... well...

Ok, that's fine. But your country has had free healthcare essentially since after WWII.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

> having to wait on a priority list because you do have free healthcare

> Because paying for your healthcare means you'll never be on a priority list

Seriously though TS, just go get your ****ing eyes tested. Its 90% likely that's the problem, or you're just permanently dehydrated because you don't drink at least 1.5 L of water each day.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Page 1 of 2