I always preferred the sound of them over Elixirs but just found out that Cleartones have a one micron thick coating opposed to Elixirs which have 5 microns thick coating. That should convert you Elixir lovers.

No, I don't work for or represent Cleartone in any way.
"teh most gains"
Please, go on. I'm so interested.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Please, go on. I'm so interested.

x2

Do you know a big a micron is?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Mar 25, 2013,
I know one micron is one fifth or 20 percent of five microns, which is a huge difference statistically, and definitely can be felt by an experienced guitarist.

Hey, I'm just trying to help guitarists who might be confused about which strings to buy.
"teh most gains"
Last edited by mountain2012 at Mar 25, 2013,
1 micron?! Wow. Excuse me while I throw away all my packs of elixir strings. No...I'm going to burn them. Can't take any chances. Thinking of all those microns getting into the wrong hands makes me shudder...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by mountain2012
I know one micron is one fifth or 20 percent of five microns, which is a huge difference statistically, and definitely can be felt by an experienced guitarist.

Hey, I'm just trying to help guitarists who might be confused about which strings to buy.

Bahaha. Way to go around the question.

FYI, my penis is around 2 microns yianni.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by mountain2012

right, you do know that a micron is a thousandth of a millimetre? odds are you're feeling a placebo effect. i demand a double-blind comparison.
Cleartone strings are awesome. They are a great balance between sound and durability. With that said, I still think non covered strings sound much better. I use cleartones myself though as their balance is nice.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
approximately 1.86 eppicurt penises.

Leave adam's penis out of this.

As far as being able to feel microns, I highly doubt that, a micron is a thousandth of a millimeter, which is about 1/60th the thickness of a hair. if you're telling me that you can feel the difference between 1/60 of a hair and 5/60 of a hair, I declare that you are full of it.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
My penis is always out. It never feels like it's in.

Damn you microns.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
My penis is always out. It never feels like it's in.

Damn you microns.

It's not your fault, the women you've tried it on just must've been loose.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by joe_k
i'm thinking your fingers are probably calloused to hell anyway (mine are) so i barey have any feeling in them as it is. no chance you can feel that difference.

i read this in the above context of vaginas. i was not disappointed.
Quote by joe_k
i'm thinking your fingers are probably calloused to hell anyway (mine are) so i barey have any feeling in them as it is. no chance you can feel that difference.

When I saw this, I had only glanced at the avatar and thought "I didn't reply here yet wtf is going on here?" haha.
Quote by mountain2012
I always preferred the sound of them over Elixirs but just found out that Cleartones have a one micron thick coating opposed to Elixirs which have 5 microns thick coating. That should convert you Elixir lovers.

No, I don't work for or represent Cleartone in any way.

Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I use ernie balls so im clearly better than everyone ever in the history of stuff.

You can belt your Elixr stringy thingys fair up ya raisin

school
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Last edited by ibanez_guru at Mar 26, 2013,
Quote by ibanez_guru
I use ernie balls so im clearly better than everyone ever in the history of stuff.

You can belt your Elixr stringy thingys fair up ya raisin

school

How much have you had to drink?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by R45VT
How much have you had to drink?

5 microns of alcohol.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I like my strings.

0 microns of coating.

Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Last edited by cdr_salamander at Mar 26, 2013,
Quote by cdr_salamander
I like my strings.

0 microns of coating.

GTFO.

Microns of coating are for winners.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
5 microns of alcohol.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
30 years of callouses have removed almost all the feeling in the tips of my fingers. I can't feel shit. All I go by is tone and longevity and there's not a lot between any of them in that regard that I can tell. People here seem to be a bit overly obsessed by what strings they use. They're just strings, guys.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
30 years of callouses have removed almost all the feeling in the tips of my fingers. I can't feel shit. All I go by is tone and longevity and there's not a lot between any of them in that regard that I can tell. People here seem to be a bit overly obsessed by what strings they use. They're just strings, guys.

+311.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
My experience here in Thailand, one of few ultimate torture test sites around, is they don't last much longer than uncoated strings. And regarding Ernie Ball in plastic pack: I open them up and there is already rust in small patches on high strings. What the heck?
All my strings are coated in the blood of the unborn.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
All my strings are coated in the blood of the unborn.

WHOA WHOA WHOA

That is super wicked sick!
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Quote by ibanez_guru
WHOA WHOA WHOA

That is super wicked sick!

It would be, but its still a 5 micron coating.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
It would be, but its still a 5 micron coating.

Pfft. That's too damn thick man.

Everyone knows that a 1 micron layer is 1/5 or 20% of a 5 micron layer which is statistically significant regardless of measurements or scale because it's 80% more than 20%!

INSANE!
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore