lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
I have images turned off so they don't embed for me.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
50 IQ
One time I was going to make fun of Stuart Scott for looking like a stroke victim. Then I found out he actually has cancer.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
ErikLensherr
UnBanned
10 IQ
Most MMA fighters are halfway there anyway.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
fifth harmony defense force assemble
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $
10 IQ
I saw this. At first I didn't wanna watch it because I don't really like watching people with disabilities, but then it just dragged me in with how cool it was.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
Did you guys tear up? I did at two different points.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
139 IQ
Quote by element4433
Did you guys tear up? I did at two different points.

No. But I smiled towards the end.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
836 IQ
They should do one on how Skip Bayless defied the odds and became a sportscaster in spite of his mental ******ation.

EDIT: I hate to take away from that video, but I couldn't resist. I heard people talking about it at work today. Just watched a bit of it. In all seriousness, it really is truly inspirational.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Mar 26, 2013,
CoreysMonster
Banned
210 IQ
"Don't put limits on people, you'd be amazed what people can accomplish if you just give them that opportunity."

Awesome father right here.

EDIT: and this part really got me:

"Them look up to me as a hero, as a super man."

*interviewer* "Why?"

"Them need a super hero."
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
Quote by CoreysMonster
EDIT: and this part really got me:

"Them look up to me as a hero, as a super man."

*interviewer* "Why?"

"Them need a super hero."
That was the second time I teared up. The first was when he talked about taking that first punch and how he doesn't back away from a fight
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Primus2112
whatever you say "Mor-ty"
113 IQ
i know the music in the very beginning is atticus ross and trent reznor, but i don't know what song

ot though, that shit got me all choked up
i miss the old kanye
Primus2112
whatever you say "Mor-ty"
113 IQ
Quote by element4433
That was the second time I teared up. The first was when he talked about taking that first punch and how he doesn't back away from a fight

oh god man, that part...

after the interviewer asked if he thought about quitting after that first punch

the conviction in his voice when he immediately said "no" was too much

i was just like "FUCK YEAH GARRETT", all choked up
i miss the old kanye
)v(egaFan90
donkey chains......
50 IQ
Quote by snipelfritz
One time I was going to make fun of Stuart Scott for looking like a stroke victim. Then I found out he actually has cancer.

Even if he didn't have cancer, you should feel like a ****in ass.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
Quote by captaincrunk
garrett is pretty damn high functioning compared to others with downs
Yeah definitely. Comparing him with his friend in the end makes that pretty obvious.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
36 IQ
Quote by element4433
Yeah definitely. Comparing him with his friend in the end makes that pretty obvious.

haven't gotten to the end yet but my brother had downs and he wasn't nearly as high functioning

EDIT: definitely just started crying when they raised his hand. my brother would have loved that more than anything
Last edited by captaincrunk at Mar 26, 2013,
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
139 IQ
Well compare him to anyone with down's that you just see when you're out and about... Very few of them seem to be at the level of cognitive ability as Garrett.

Though I did see a guy with down's at Carrabba's once that ordered for the whole table. True story.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
Most of the people with Down's that I've met have been relatively high functioning. Garrett seems like he's towards the top definitely though.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
Quote by captaincrunk
most of the rest don't meet a lot of people
Yeah that's what I'd assume.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
240 IQ
awesome, thanks for this
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
Quote by captaincrunk
oh god, him teaching the kids is amazing. children that young are some of the only people who don't care if someone has downs, they will treat him really well
Definitely.

People often talk down to sports, but then stuff like this shows how valuable they can be. There was also a story during the NCAA tournament this weekend about one of the players and his relationship with a little girl who had a massive tumor that moved me.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

WCPhils
UnBanned
10 IQ
Quote by element4433
Definitely.

People often talk down to sports, but then stuff like this shows how valuable they can be. There was also a story during the NCAA tournament this weekend about one of the players and his relationship with a little girl who had a massive tumor that moved me.

Yea, I love these kinds of stories. Anyone remember the high school kid with downs (or was it autism?) who got put in at the end of the teams last basketball game and drained like seven 3's? That story was awesome. Also, a lot of those Wake A Wish things that ESPN does.

I love playing sports because it's a great way to connect with people. You can build some awesome friendships. I mean, a lot of sports practically force people to connect by the nature of the game. Plus, I find them really fun.

I really can't stand the whole, "it's only for meatheads" mentality that populates this forum. You don't have to be a fan to know that that is stupid, and it completely ignores all the good they can do like this story.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...